Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will tradable scrolls help "fix" the economy (DIEZ

This is a discussion on Will tradable scrolls help "fix" the economy (DIEZ within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just some musings about scrolls... Everyone knows that market prices just seem to keep going down and down... and for ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Default Will tradable scrolls help "fix" the economy (DIEZ

Just some musings about scrolls...

Everyone knows that market prices just seem to keep going down and down... and for those people without much money they are thinking "hooray, I can sell some scrolls and earn money that way"... but the new patch has a nice double-edge... Fixed FT items means that
    a) lots of money spent on scrolls to upgrade
    B) lots of items value has suddenly jumped

Both of these work against the recovery of the economy. Items are worth more, but no extra money has appeared in the economy. A lot of cash has just been dumped into Charon, which except for a %age through the castle, won't come back.

The only plus side to this, is that the price of scrolls will keep dropping for a while yet.

My tip: Don't buy tonnes of scrolls now, buy a few to tide you over and see the price in a week or two

Now if you'll excuse me i've got some glyptodonts to farm... :wub:

thing is, money doesnt come from thin air, it'll need to be generated somehow and i doubt the whole worlds gonna be farming glyptodonts :P

in knight online there is supposed to be only a little of money, so things like reskill, stipends and pot costs are effective. only reason why there is/was alot money around, is dupe.

FatM4n

Soon everyone will farm glyphtodotns for their bezoars and bloods

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Originally posted by PADDY
    thing is, money doesnt come from thin air, it'll need to be generated somehow and i doubt the whole worlds gonna be farming glyptodonts :P
    Exactly my point, but people's prices DO come from thin air

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

pray for a second lllilll if you wan the economy to be "normal" tbh i think prices r good as it is, even lower nobody should really complain about it. when prices r high as hell n money is useless, ppl wan them to be lower. when prices r low n money is useful, ppl wan them to be high. geez.

R34P3R_Magikz

tsk normal is 2.5mil for scrolls i remember normal about 13month ago

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Originally posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl
    pray for a second lllilll if you wan the economy to be "normal" tbh i think prices r good as it is, even lower nobody should really complain about it. when prices r high as hell n money is useless, ppl wan them to be lower. when prices r low n money is useful, ppl wan them to be high. geez.
    I tried to stay neutral in my comments and to whether a high or low market is bad hence the " around fix

Haxium

Chuck Norris should know !

Freh

Default Re: Will tradable scrolls help "fix" the economy (

Originally posted by Chuck Norris
    Just some musings about scrolls...

Everyone knows that market prices just seem to keep going down and down... and for those people without much money they are thinking "hooray, I can sell some scrolls and earn money that way"... *but the new patch has a nice double-edge... *Fixed FT items means that *
    a) lots of money spent on scrolls to upgrade
    B) lots of items value has suddenly jumped

Both of these work against the recovery of the economy. *Items are worth more, but no extra money has appeared in the economy. *A lot of cash has just been dumped into Charon, which except for a %age through the castle, won't come back.

The only plus side to this, is that the price of scrolls will keep dropping for a while yet.

My tip: *Don't buy tonnes of scrolls now, buy a few to tide you over and see the price in a week or two

Now if you'll excuse me i've got some glyptodonts to farm... :wub:
    Anyone that using "musings" in their post is too smart for me. Prices lower til they find a way to dupe money fast. KOXP figured it out already, so I suspect inflation will hit soon enough.

... tzz as a JPKO player i know, low price's are bad. you wont be able to buy 1k soulpots and 1k 720hp pots w/o have the feeling of sick. dupers have to come back tzz... need price's like md= 40m :P like it was on cypher a month ago or like that, and scrolls 100m :P

ShaiHulud

I don't understand why you all are bitching about the economy? This is how the game was ment to be. Everyone was suppossed to be able to buy leet items for IGC and not my USD. If you look at the other KO's, you see people merching ROC"s, IB's, IN's, etc. Everyone is just pissed cause the market played you and you not it. When the market is high, you sell and save your coins, when the market is low, you buy things up.

mason_cro

USD sales will fuck the economy totally IMHO. Maybe even more than dupes. Prices of scrolls will drop, and item prices are still dropping, and will continue to do so until there's more cash poured into the game. Honestly, I think the normal playing costs ( pots, rpr ) are too high, since when a deflation is present, pots become REALLY expensive. Maybe their price should be variable, for instance if we had an ACTIVE GM, who cruised around the market,he could modify that, perhaps by using a scale from 1-10, 1 being maximal or big deflation on the market = lower pot prices, 10 being maximal / big inflation = higher pot prices. Don't think it's impossible to do, but there's little will power ( and skill :/ ) in the K2 staff to do this...

Have u ppl ever tought why most of the items got NPC value ?... thats the value u get from them IF U CANT SELL... so we are still far a way from real prices... i would say drop all prices to 1/10 what they are now.. and we are closer...

This subject has been discussed like 10000 times and there will be nothing new so somehow this all feels rather pointless spam. And 90 % of ppl never get the issue really so i will just get berserk about this kind of topic..

Only item that seems to keep its value is priest chitin ( +1 )

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Originally posted by Pajatso
    Have u ppl ever tought why most of the items got NPC value ?... *thats the value u get from them IF U CANT SELL... so we are still far a way from real prices... i would say drop all prices to 1/10 what they are now.. and we are closer...

This subject has been discussed like 10000 times and there will be nothing new so somehow this all feels rather pointless spam. And 90 % of ppl never get the issue really so i will just get berserk about this kind of topic.. *

Only item that seems to keep its value is priest chitin ( +1 )
    r u trying 2 say that items shud b sold at the same price as they sell into the shops?

are u stupid? :unsure:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast