• no

60 21.28%
  • idc u stupid shit dont make stupid topics

130 46.10%
  • mybe

26 9.22%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Will USKO close?

This is a discussion on Will USKO close? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yes it will be closed tomorrow.[/b] 2morro...
Page: 2

yes it will be closed tomorrow.[/b]
    2morro

It never was and never will be a "good" investment. It's a computer game afterall. With age, and responsibility, and real life obligations, everyone now will fade from the game, and be replaced by the new breed. Unless ofcourse, you turn out to be a 35 year old, single man, who frequents comic stores, and has Magic The Gathering memorabilia. Don't laugh, I've seen people like this. Regarding the closure, if it were to happen, which no doubt it is inevitable. Private Servers would occupy the idle time the new era would invest into playing this MMORPG. Unless ofcourse another hosting company came along. However, K2 does generate alot of income, believe it or not, I don't see the closure of USKO happening anytime in the NEAR future. Also, what people chose to spend their money on is better left up to them. To each his own. Some people, chose to spend every night at the bar, hitting on waitresses, hoping with the next fifty dollar tip, they might get a piece of the pie, other's burn alot on grass, coke, e. Some on vinyl, Xbox, PS2, Clothing, Make-Up, Jewlery, Fast food, amusement parks, atvs, sea-doos, dirtbikes, big screen t.v's, stereo systems, home decor, vacations, home equity, prostitutes, skateboards, snowboarding, skiing, automobiles (which some may argue is the absolute worst investment), movie collections, skydiving, parasailing, hockey equipment, tennis equipment, the list goes on. A person, usually working for their own money, and not spending their parents/etc, is entitled to spend it however they like. That's the privelledge of working to support yourself. Many of you will experience that one day. You've got the rest of your lives to work Everyone wants to shit on the guys buying gears or characters in this virtual world, but those same people fail to realize, the guys doing it, aren't investing everything they have into it. They're investing a small portion to enjoy aspects of the games, the children with tremendous amounts of idle time and lack of social lives, spend months even years trying to achieve. Hell, I'm sure most of you could have a level 70 character some poor bastard levelled 8 months with, after working only a few weeks at McDonalds, plus have money to take your girlfriend out or buy a girlfriend for a night.

Wow, that was long, sorry... Back to predator[/b]
    Actually, KO can be a fair investment if you play your cards right. In fact I've made about 300$+ off this game just from playing it, and never had the intention to play to make money cause I think thats gay. You should play games to have fun, but making a "free" 300$ doing something that you enjoyed isn't half bad. I guess that covers up for all the KC and premiums I payed k2. :lol:

You have a point, people are entitled to spend their money however they like it. However these same people come here everyday complaining what a shithole k2 has done to this game yet they are still pouring out their cash on a new rol +2 or wutever shit it may be. I got nothing wrong with people buying items for USD, and hell I've even done it a few times myself, but this game has gone beyond bad.. its at the point of no hope so why waste so much money on something that may last a few months?

I have a great job now, I could probly buy any character or item in game that I want but I would much rather waste it on a nice red lobster dinner with my wife than on KO. I feel the same way about pot smokers (goat! :P ), I think its crazy to waste money on a 2 day pleasure. Then again there are lots of crazy people in the world and I guess they are entitled to do wutever the hell they want. :P Surely you can see the difference spending money on a tangable item than a virtual one, one lasts a lifetime (e.g furniture, jewlery) and the other lasts as long as the company does. There are plenty of foolish high-school kids who spend their macdonalds paycheck on KO instead of saving that money back for collage, maybe helping pay off their car or insurance, maybe even food.

TaDaaa

When will all of you realize that to K2 this is not a game! This is a business, and they treat it like one appropriatly. K2 is a company that is trying to make money, and they will continue there business plan until it is no longer profitable. K2 only cares about the game and its content because if they do not then less people will play there by lowering there profits. They will also do as little as possible to retain that level of profit. Example, they will not employ 50 GM's if 20 can do an ok job.

Yes KO will end eventually, but that time will come when expenses on KO outway profit by a large enough margin to not be economically profitable for K2.

The big sign that MYKO was finished, was when they did everything to bring in any additional profits (PUS iron belts and +9's). That was MYKO trying absolutly anything to get people to spend money, the problem with it was that it ruined the game.

poor myko there going to be without a home i think there comming here lets welcome them in cz with a nice pk

Infinitemadness

It never was and never will be a "good" investment. It's a computer game afterall. With age, and responsibility, and real life obligations, everyone now will fade from the game, and be replaced by the new breed. Unless ofcourse, you turn out to be a 35 year old, single man, who frequents comic stores, and has Magic The Gathering memorabilia. Don't laugh, I've seen people like this.[/b]
    LoL Im not 35 and single but you basically described me I collect M:TG all the time, have been for the past like 7-8 years. hehehe

i hope when im 35 im still able to go to a comic store and watch some good freinds play magic do that every couple months with a few old freinds from school i like magic jus never wanted to spend money on it

Infinitemadness

i hope when im 35 im still able to go to a comic store and watch some good freinds play magic do that every couple months with a few old freinds from school i like magic jus never wanted to spend money on it[/b]

Matter of fact Im going to a prerelease event this saturday for the new set that was just released. NOW, I dont spend out the kind of money I used to, but I still spend like 40-50 bucks a month. I sold off my old collection, banked 2k. 1200 of it was from 4 cards. I had 4 of the power 9. Anyhow, now they are worth 2 times that much now, so I could have made like 2k-2.4k from the same cards I sold 6-7 years ago. Sad. Should have kept them. And now, how I get my cards is, I play in small local tourneys and whatever I place, I usually win in top5. So I pay a small fee, and get a big return while my collection grows.

Matter of fact Im going to a prerelease event this saturday for the new set that was just released. NOW, I dont spend out the kind of money I used to, but I still spend like 40-50 bucks a month. I sold off my old collection, banked 2k. 1200 of it was from 4 cards. I had 4 of the power 9. Anyhow, now they are worth 2 times that much now, so I could have made like 2k-2.4k from the same cards I sold 6-7 years ago. Sad. Should have kept them. And now, how I get my cards is, I play in small local tourneys and whatever I place, I usually win in top5. So I pay a small fee, and get a big return while my collection grows.[/b]
    yeah my freind brandon is madly into that game i would go with him i'd be the only kid at the tourney wearing ecko and carrying but it was fun watching usually i'd pay the tourney fee for him and get 10 % off the top of watever he won alot of the kids that play locally are working at comic shops n shit tho so they using decks worth like 10 grand so alot of its bull shit

i must say i did collect pokemon when i was like uhh 12 or sumtin i had every card until they released some bull shit forrest set then i gave my collection away

anyone saying magic is gay i dare u to say to ur parents cuz odds are at some time in there life they were rolling dice and playing dd in someones basement

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

these forums keep getting stupider every day

so true -_-

I laugh at how private tries to present himself as the comic store gangster

Onasis

this post turned into a ...... how shall i put it ? .......

" HI my name is XXXXX and i`m a XXXXXX addict "

=))

I laugh at how private tries to present himself as the comic store gangster[/b]
    yes cuz i was trying to present myself when really jus comparing myself to the majority that are reguluars at comic stores altho i have seen some of them fuckers bring hot ass girls in there

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

k, usko will eventually close, MYKO was way older than b4 USKO was, ive been playing MYKO 4 a looong ass time, and its sad 2 see it go, E-games said that they tried 2 get the korean developers 2 continue thier contract, but they wouldn't or so they say... im guessing egames thought it was 2 expensive, and they weren't maken anymoney in the past 2 months, bcuz of the duping and shlt, which basically was from all the players on the game, which it is our own fault 4 it happening, atleast w/ usko if there is duping, u have 2 pay 2 login 2 the server, which they are maken money 2 continue the game. we will see what will unfold w/ US.KO, as many myko players will launch new chars in usko

yes yes bring more noobs for me to kill in cz :wub:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast