Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windows Vista = Knight Online Client crashes

This is a discussion on Windows Vista = Knight Online Client crashes within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Good job K2, now people who have Vista can't play KO. I have two computers one with Vista and the ...
Page: 1

Good job K2, now people who have Vista can't play KO. I have two computers one with Vista and the other with XP. I can log with XP, can't log with Vista. I asked my friend, same thing happens to him, his KO client crashes after select character screen. He is on Vista as well.

NosferatuSoldier

I think the problem is due to Unicode. I was informed that the uniques now have Korean names, this would cause the client to crash. Time to search for a FIX!

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Has anyone actually tried a fresh installation of Knight Online? People who claim not having any .tbl editing should give it a try.

Has anyone actually tried a fresh installation of Knight Online? People who claim not having any .tbl editing should give it a try.[/b]
    I don't know about others, but I can assure you that I have no .tbl edited files. It works with XP, doesn't work with Vista.

plain and simple it doesnt work with vista right now......

I'm reinstalling KO since I had to delete those archer files that caused the disconnection a few months ago when koxpers started to spawn like gremlins everywhere.

Will edit this post when finishing downloading patches.

EDIT: This piece of shit game does not work on Vista, fresh install after even cleaning registry pffff, Ima try on Win 7 to see if it works

RE-EDIT: same crap on Win 7

bb ko for a while xD

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

some people in clan tried reinstalling still hasn't worked.

Yeah doesnt work...

Im sure there will be a fix soon..dont cry, be happy cheaters are gone for the moment.

I'm pretty sure hackers will be able to log before Vista users due to K2 re-patch :lol:

cya on monday guys, this shit is pissing me off

NosferatuSoldier

couldn't rig it either :\

Banned

yah plz fix this ^^ i also tried re installing hasnt worked for me either ^^

First off: Keep a note of everyone that complains about crashing on character select with the new patch; these are your .tbl editors :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second: Fixed a bug with some Power Up Store items

Third: Fixed an issue that most current third party tools exploited.[/b]

1. "First off" is bullshit

2. check this out - apparently they removed this off the site
    Greetings Knights,

The Knight Online team would like to thank all of our loyal Knights using Windows Vista for their continued support as we adjust to the new operating system. However, due to recent client updates, Knight Online will no longer be able to support Windows Vista. Recommended alternatives would be Windows XP or the Mac OS.

Also, flags are now available in the Power-Up Store for 80 G1 credits until May 26th; fireworks are available in the sundries.

-the Knight Online team[/b]
    kohack dont bother installing windows 7... same functionality as vista (im running win7) and it doesnt work.

NosferatuSoldier

I think as soon as they noticed a majority of their playerbase is current in terms of Operating System choices, they decided they're not letting our $ escape that easily. In other words, it's coaxing them to actually try and fix something.

tuttzilla

no game, not even KO, could knock off the compatability of vista and survive.

so be sure they will fix it or the game is surely dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast