Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Wonder and splender where has it gone?

This is a discussion on Wonder and splender where has it gone? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Its because ko died a few years ago.. It will never be like it was back then with 15-20 Parties ...
Page: 3

Its because ko died a few years ago.. It will never be like it was back then with 15-20 Parties out on each side... Now its just like 1 kill on the chat pr min... need like 10 pr sec or something ! need action...

Those were the glory days of ko! and when it was competitive

in ko/ke, most clans put out 7-8 man parties and romped around for control of the bowl to get the bosses. It was quite common to have epic clan vs clan battles repeatedly. My most memorable ones were with FiRe against EK, and then later with Hatred against TOWN. The lack of outside interference usually meant you could use tactics, and had to have balanced parties. I used to also enjoy moving around the bowl solo trying to disrupt small groups of karus.

What changed, was that you didn't have to farm bosses anymore, because the market was flooded with items that came out of nowhere. Also CZ became less party based and more a case of drop-novas-at-12-and-town. Our party fights changed from from fighting against mirror parties, to having to deal with 20 or 30 random mages. These guys are just farming, they aren't pking. There is no satisfaction in taking their NP because aslong as they got off their novas they don't care.

After RoFD, before i quit, CZ was just a massive zerg. One faction would stay in the bowl until the other faction amassed maybe 20 people to storm into the bowl together. Half the time these people are from random parties, they aren't organised, they are not using voice comms. It is just a case of farming them until they get enough people to overwhelm you. Is that fun? For me it wasn't. Maybe your goal is to get as much NP as possible, and if that is the case then it's great. But once you achieve that goal you realise that NP in ko means nothing. Maybe now you can get a nice cape with it but its just a number with no extra meaning. Most of the time in CZ is spent camping around the bowl, or outside the opponent base, or looking around levelling spots. Most of the fighting is farming noobs. How much time in ko is spent doing quality PvP? Almost none. By the time most of our competitors quit/disbanded, our only competition was from random turks and fighting against retards in +9 gear. They don't play smart, they can't win in an equal fight. Their tactic is to zerg you with as many as possible and dupe as much as possible so that they always have an advantage over you. You will never get a fair fight against them, and if you do they will just /town.

So thats why the PvP got stale for me. Thats not the main reason ko sucks though, the time-bomb that is account-hacking is very real and it is wise to escape ko before it affects you. I was lucky enough to get assistance on several occassions when various individuals and GM's tried to mess with me, but most people are not so lucky and leave WoW with nothing and an empty pocket. Don't be another victim of K2, make sure you leave on a high because the more successful you become in this game the more likely you are to be a hack victim. K2 don't care about you, or game balance, all they care about is revenue.

THE EUROS!!! they were a force to be reckoned with!!!!

lez

maybe you should let other clans take isi/felankor... i mean, ur complaining about no competition. Im sure there would be if the human side english speaking clans got some uniques into them. besides u can always take it back :P
    Dunno how u guys dont get bored of doing them every day 3 times a day, you even surpassed the dupers with ur gear lol. No wonder its no fun anymore...
    But if ur not having fun in general then you should take a break.

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

i still find pk exciting after all this time... to keep things from getting boring i just keep it all varied...

when i exp, i exp on different mobs, not just one... sometimes a change of scenery helps

Do all the events, like FT's, BDW's, ED's and Bifrosts.

PK some as well :P

and my FAVORITE THING to do is flame ppl such as urself and RW here ^_^ all good clean fun

000000 the items fuked up cuz they opened more 2x zones for those drops (ardream, cz at second server), the pk is same
    since some r farmin at the second server and some dont even come to cz because they made an ardream char.

Banned

KE was just more fun... a bit more time consuming to get on top , but still more fun.

Hey cutie Senior Member

I yank my chank during game play. Even if you aren't enjoying the game itself, you are enjoying something. For extra satisfaction, I change it up everyday. On Monday, I use Kiwi Lotion, Tuesday Apricot, Wednesday Mango, Thursday Cherry, Friday Apple. On special occasions, I use sandlewood. When I am feeling angry, I do it dry get that rough feeling, ya know? I hope that can "spice up" your game life.[/b]
    lol OOKKKK RAAANNDDDOMMMM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123