I just thought of something.

This is a discussion on I just thought of something. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This game would become unplayable if there was a hack program that peeked into the DB and told you when ...
Page: 1

Road

Default I just thought of something.

This game would become unplayable if there was a hack program that peeked into the DB and told you when what boss was killed and when it was going to spawn again. That would fucking suck and the same people will go kill the bosses right when they spawn.... Thank god no program like that exists. Plus I think it would not be able to hack the DB that easily. What do you guys think?

Trii

i think u fill ur head with some stupid ideas. if people could hack DB, they could just give themselves what they wanted, why waste pots and scrolls on bosses if they can get +5 uniques in a few clicks.

Road

Its not useless, and you could be more polite.

Trii

so i was supposed to say SIR and other shit ? i dont even know u. and i think my msg was clear.
    and it kind of is useless, cuz people that would hack the DB wouldnt be there to ks u on a boss...

FatM4n

the boss time is generated by a "chaos" generator and therefor you cant know the ecaxt time

Road

Thx for the input, way to kill a thread. :/

its a random time, and there is no need for a boss respawn time to be in a database

Originally posted by Trii+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trii)</div>
    i think u fill ur head with some stupid ideas. if people could hack DB, they could just give themselves what they wanted, why waste pots and scrolls on bosses if they can get +5 uniques in a few clicks.[/b]
    he MEANT

<!--QuoteBegin-What Trii meant...

Sir, my thoughts differ from your thoughts, however I respect your opinion. If a nice fellow like yourself could have unauthorized access to the database, they could just treat themselves to whichever they desire which would be quite wonderful. Why would one nice person consume potions and scrolls on bosses if they can get +5 uniques in a few clicks, sir? Thank you for reading my post dear sir. Farewell, and goodbye

Road

Everyone learns something in these kinds of threads, so its worth it. Thx for the input. I don't know much about this kind of hacking stuff.

QueenPriest

dude.... if u would search in a little deeper u will find out that there are people that actually do that, don't wanna post names of suspects though <_<

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

boss times are already known :rollseyes: dont need a program to figure it out

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by QueenPriest
    dude.... if u would search in a little deeper u will find out that there are people that actually do that, don't wanna post names of suspects though <_<
    I have yet to see any evidence of someone outside K2 editing the DB in any way. The instances you refer to all had inside help at K2, which speaks of how deep the corruption is (no real surprise to anyone here.)

Trii, I'd appreciate it if you'd be more civil towards your fellow posters.

SaTaN

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-QueenPriest
    I have yet to see any evidence of someone outside K2 editing the DB in any way. The instances you refer to all had inside help at K2, which speaks of how deep the corruption is (no real surprise to anyone here.)

Trii, I'd appreciate it if you'd be more civil towards your fellow posters.[/b]
    Yay, big boss is right

TunaFishyMe

but trii is right...this is a kinda retarded topic.

This game would be unplayable if everyone had GM powers so they couldnt be killed. This game would be unplayable if everyone can fly around at supersonic speed. This game would be unplayable if strawberries fell from trees.

I do remember some guy hacking into K2's database and gave him CS/fullshell/uniques etc etc. He also claimed that he helped people get rollbacks when K2 fucked up the lvl. He posted on this forum, dont remember his name. He told K2 the security hole and they let him keep the items he hacked. Dont know if it was true or just a rumor.