Would AVG virus scan find a keylogger?

This is a discussion on Would AVG virus scan find a keylogger? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Caus i lost all items on my sin other day and 2 or 3 on my priest because they wernt ...
Page: 1

emosexual

Caus i lost all items on my sin other day and 2 or 3 on my priest because they wernt sealed :S
    My friend also play these accounts so it could possibly be on his pc...any ideas?

There is no virus scanner that can find everything, try different ones.

its better to try scan with different virus detectors. try scanning both pc's with this online scan.

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

u need do it with IE btw.

ISeeYouPee

what i do is reinstall windows :P

spyware begone pretty much cleans everything try it

try your AVG : www.avg.cz
    try avast (its free and really gg) www.avast.cz (www.avast.com) all you need to get it is free registration
    and for spyware try ad-aware www.lavasoft.com

you can install and configure a firewall too. if you configure Firewall good, than keylogers cant send data to net, cuze they r blocked by FireWall

iam normaly using Ad-aware+avast, WinRoute Kerio Firewall and as Internet Browser Opera and my PC is Virus/Spyware Free

if i need to download something from internet and iam not sure about that file, than iam use online scan for that file ( http://virusscan.jotti.org/ )

good luck

OLD1953

Spybot search and destroy finds most of that stuff.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

You don't get keyloggers looking for KO type stuff unless you download KO cheats. Pros are looking for CC numbers and bank info, not game crap. If neither you nor your friend has DL'd KO cheats, nor replied to any emails asking for passwords or secret questions, then the following sentence will tell you how the stuff vanished. (the sole exception would be someone in the game who knows your email and dropped a keylogger on you via an email. Such as EDITED!!!!!!!!)

Odds are that your "friend" either took your stuff or lent it to someone or sold it for money (is he/she having money problems) or did it to get even with you for some imagined slight, or gave the password to someone who did these things. There is a SLIGHT chance of database corruption, but you'd know if it was, because there would be a general rollback as part of the database repairs, and everyone would be griping.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

^ ditto... if its a keylogger from a ko 3rd party program or something similar than maybe. but if its a random keylogger. nobody, i repeat, NOBODY will fuckin care enough to download knight online n then hack it by loggin with ur info. because thats just plain ridiculous lol.

OLD1953

Um, now I'm wondering if I should have put in that second link. Oh, well, if the mods don't like it they can delete it.

Yah, that stuff can be sold openly and legally. And I'd assume anyone looking for it will find it.

Caus i lost all items on my sin other day and 2 or 3 on my priest because they wernt sealed :S
    My friend also play these accounts so it could possibly be on his pc...any ideas?[/b]

Maybe your a scammer and people know you took my items so they took yours?

grzequ

no spyware/virus scanner will find a homemade keylogger

but there are small programs that can easly find hook based keyloggers... by monitoring if some program hooks the keyboard

they work in 99,9%, google for SnoopFree

//lol, wheres my sig...

emosexual

Um, now I'm wondering if I should have put in that second link. Oh, well, if the mods don't like it they can delete it.

Yah, that stuff can be sold openly and legally. And I'd assume anyone looking for it will find it.[/b]
    ehy. And you are?

what i do is reinstall windows :P[/b]
    That is a lot of extra work, mate.

www.virustotal.com is a good antyvir. You can check here everything