Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Would this be good or bad?

This is a discussion on Would this be good or bad? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; How do you figure? We are talking about temp. volinteers to ban/ and or do something in some sort of ...
Page: 2

How do you figure? We are talking about temp. volinteers to ban/ and or do something in some sort of wat/ to help cut back on cheaters. 007, goog idea[/b]
    This will never be done, even the biggest retard knows this will end in 1 big corrupt mess. No, not even K2 is that retarted!

i agree it will never be done, but.... If you think about it... If k2 requires applicants to release information/ID/Credit Card/ other personal information, and the applicants go through a screening process, and possibly a face to face interview... that would open it up for people living close to their building, and or floor on a building, and whoever is willing to drive/fly that far. Honestly this could work hands down. If k2 was willing to go throught the proper processes.

007_heal

This will never be done, even the biggest retard knows this will end in 1 big corrupt mess. No, not even K2 is that retarted![/b]
    I think if K2 wanted to make an honest attempt to implement this into the game they could do it properly. As for it being a corrupt mess, that is for K2 to decide how to battle corruption if they do implement the idea.

Another idea would be only banning people in certain zones. Lets say not in CZ because that one will be most abused. Lets say Luferson, eslant and abyss.

DwarvenKing

You can only be gm on servers you dont have an account/character on and voila, no more events for friends etc...
    But honestly, this is k2...

I think if K2 wanted to make an honest attempt to implement this into the game they could do it properly. As for it being a corrupt mess, that is for K2 to decide how to battle corruption if they do implement the idea.

Another idea would be only banning people in certain zones. Lets say not in CZ because that one will be most abused. Lets say Luferson, eslant and abyss.[/b]
    To start of, K2 will never give any person that isn't above 18 and mature and that has proven his responsibility and knowlege in a letter to them, gm status. This topic is senseless just leave it please close it, the stupidity of it is just to much!

007_heal

To start of, K2 will never give any person that isn't above 18 and mature and that has proven his responsibility and knowlege in a letter to them, gm status. This topic is senseless just leave it please close it, the stupidity of it is just to much![/b]
    So what your saying is out of a population of lets 10K players, they wont be able to find 30(2 per server) that are over the age of 18 that can be trusted? I can tell you now that the 2 persons in this post are over this age limit and are very responsible. I can also tell you that one of them lives near K2 headquarters. So is it really hard to find reliable people?

just give the right to a select 10 on each server. Vooted by the english public. since the turks are more likely to be abusers then english.oh and if some1 gets unfari ban 3 times /kick gm powers

Constables.. wont work.[/b]
    Thanks. I feel honored.

24 hour kick cuz he ks me
    24 hour kick cuz he is going to kill boss otherwise
    24hour kick cuz he killed me in bdw/LW

... we need more limitation to people[/b]
    This will never be done, even the biggest retard knows this will end in 1 big corrupt mess. No, not even K2 is that retarted![/b]
    ^ These are few reasons, why constables wont work.

it works and currently runs jagex (host of runescape) a company far superior to k2 anyone saying it wont work is dumb because it does and it has worked forever

gms were players in the first place and were paid with goldbars 2gb per week

nething can work with the right management something k2 could do if they cared but they dont

ps i made a topic about this years ago

idefix

We also know that K2 cant afford to have several GMs online 24/7 on each server.[/b]
    Yes they can. They just don't give a tiny rat's ass.

Don't like this idea. GM powers belong to the GMs, not the players.

Siphen

To all the naysayers:
    1. Many of you are ignoring the fact that precautionary measures could be taken. I'm sure this would just end up in a "big corrupt mess" IF they just hired random players who asked. They dont even need a face-to-face interview. If K2 knows where you live, knows your phone number, has your credit card/bank account info, and you sign whatever papers they want...people might be hesitant to "cheat".
    2. I dont think the in-game corruption (i.e. ban people who you dont like) would happen as much as everyone else seems to believe. The only people who would really be volunteering for this would probably be honest and legit. We know what it's like to have our game ruined by unfair play, most of us wouldn't do the same.
    3. It's possible to limit a GM's powers. These player-GMs would only have the power to ban and mute (with proof, ofc). No +21 items for friends.
    4. I know this wouldnt completely change the game. This would, however, get rid of hundreds or thousands of cheaters (even if it is temporary). It would also scare the crap out of cheaters, knowing that some unknown player can ban them.

Banned

"We also know that K2 cant afford to have several GMs online 24/7 on each server."
    This is lies, they can afford but they do not want to waste $$ on the game couse everyone pay for this shit anyway..
    If the GMs who god payed abuses the shit out of the game how would u think a gm not gettig payed will be lol.

You actually beleave BANNING players is the best sulution ust couse mgames cant fix this broken game ?

This will not work.

One of the BIGGEST scammers ever in this game was a constable. He abused his contacts, connections with K2 and knowledge of the game to fuck people hard out of their money, items and characters.

Just like when "Report Subjects" was enabled, someone would get mad at you and RS you for not trading them ur item in morodon, same shit.

Siphen

Not every GM is corrupt. The only way K2 can afford to hire that many GMs would be to take a HUGE loss. You have no idea how much money they have and how much money they need to spend. In regards to that last statement, read number 4. I clearly stated that this wouldnt completely change the game. This would reduce the number of cheaters we see every day and that's all I want for now.

In response to Rad_Archer and people with similar comments....I know. We all know. Yes, there is a possibility that there will be corrupt GMs. Thank you for pointing that out. That's why there's a thing called proof. If a player-GM bans a legit player, then that player can say something. If there's no proof, then he doesnt get banned. Seems simple enough.

Just like when "Report Subjects" was enabled, someone would get mad at you and RS you for not trading them ur item in morodon, same shit.[/b]
    Indeed, whole gg partys got RS because the other partys had the idea they were getting KSed.. And the other way around ofcourse... This just doesnt work, people that dont get appreciated by others even if they dont cheat will get fucked over... Probably many many legit archers that are not even cheating but soloing uruks will get banned because some people just dont know the difference between auto attack and just eating while Z skill attacking + nom nom nom/ sip sip slurp.
    THIS SHIT DOESNT WORK, you need the whole package (auto scan if someone using a program) spawn stuffs on them see how they react and more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast