Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Would this be good or bad?

This is a discussion on Would this be good or bad? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this...But you seem to Never have anything positive to say and ...
Page: 3

I'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this...But you seem to Never have anything positive to say and it seems your always puttin people down.

On topic, How could it not work if they had a strict screening process, possibly some interviews of people who live in the area and play KO and would wanna make a difference. And only gave them certain things like i already posted.[/b]
    Why are you wearing a girl shirt?

GIRL SHIRT IS FOR GIRL!

pucik

We also know that K2 cant afford to have several GMs online 24/7 on each server.[/b]

Are you f*cking kidding me? they have enough money to hire 100gms for each server every day 24/7

They just dont care,once you will let them steal your money...

arguing here won't make any different. Make a topic on the official forum, bringing up your Pros and Cons, and try to bring in a CL to pitch in and see what they respond.

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

if i remember right their used to be a system were a few players had direct access to gms and would report the players[/b]
    of course they report and babashopping gm edit items

Now, before everyone spams "zomg, stupid idea", think about the possibility.
    We all know that there are a large number of people that need to be banned. We also know that K2 cant afford to have several GMs online 24/7 on each server. How bad would it be to give certain players some GM powers? There could be plenty of security (K2 gets your information, etc) and many players are online for several hours every day, so more people would be banned.
    Best of all, K2 wouldnt have to pay. I know that, personally, I would gladly /mute that goldbar seller in moradon or /ban that 8 person party koxping at giant golems without getting a paycheck.
    The only real problem with this is the risk of more corrupt GMs - boss events for your friends, ban legit people who you just dont like. This probably wouldnt happen that often (especially if K2 knows where you live and has your credit card number :unsure: ).
    I know this probably won't happen, but is it even worth talking about? I think it could really change the game for the better.[/b]
    K2 already tried that before it didnt work, so why u think its gonna work this time?

So what your saying is out of a population of lets 10K players, they wont be able to find 30(2 per server) that are over the age of 18 that can be trusted? I can tell you now that the 2 persons in this post are over this age limit and are very responsible. I can also tell you that one of them lives near K2 headquarters. So is it really hard to find reliable people?[/b]
    Don't you get it, K2 will NOT ever NEVER let people they can't control with their own eyes, mess around with such big authority!
    This topic is just an epic failure, fkn close this shit.

007_heal

Well K2 has stated that they are going to put up a feature where you can contact a GM right away. My guess is that the GM request list is going to too big, and K2 will fail again. But if they did have a secondary support system it would be cool.

The only reason why I would agree to this kind of system would be if there was accountability. An archive with the banned cheaters with proof, GM verification of the cheaters(like KoK, they record the cheaters and GM bans and we get a list). Finally a three strike and your out of privileges. To make the deal a little sweeter(and less abuse) put in some in game coins.

Believe me, K2 has the money to get 24/7 GM's to be on at knight online. They just aint give out the money to that :P They know there always will be people playing this game, they earn much with it and they can host new games to get even more money, thats how it works these days :x

BigApple

This WOULD work if they picked a few top people from each server to act as the constables, and limited the bans they impose to 1 day or one week.
    To me the truth of it is that K2 doesn't want to ban people because most hackers have premium and thus are paying customers. NOt many business will kick out a paying customer, especially when the slight is not made against the business, but against another customer. Basically the onus is then on the other customer (if you dont like it leave...) to rectify the situation. I am not sayng i think this is good or fair, but I believe that's the way it is.

This WOULD work if they picked a few top people from each server to act as the constables, and limited the bans they impose to 1 day or one week.
    To me the truth of it is that K2 doesn't want to ban people because most hackers have premium and thus are paying customers. NOt many business will kick out a paying customer, especially when the slight is not made against the business, but against another customer. Basically the onus is then on the other customer (if you dont like it leave...) to rectify the situation. I am not sayng i think this is good or fair, but I believe that's the way it is.[/b]
    lol @ sig i didnt even read what u put but haha

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

Believe me, K2 has the money to get 24/7 GM's to be on at knight online. They just aint give out the money to that :P They know there always will be people playing this game, they earn much with it and they can host new games to get even more money, thats how it works these days :x[/b]
    yep aslong as we(ko community) keep paying, they will believe the servers are fine. And it would be profitable with fewer GMs.

best way is to not buy prem, kc, g1 but it will only work if majority of ko players do the same(which will never happen)
    in the end u will be forced to buy prem or kc to keep up with other players. which is wut k2 wants. excluding the lvl 8xs who stopped lvling and farm to pay for scrlls with igc

A few million dollar company...im sure they can hire as many GMs as it takes.

Well Kenjuro back in old bera times was a true subject to K2's handling of koxpers....

If im not mistaken and dont remember wrong he banned 900 players the first week as GM.
    3 days later he got fired as GM for banning to many Premium buyers.

So well give a few players "constable" that inform K2 about certain people.
    K2 looks into the player and goes like "Hmmm Plat prem buyer each month. STAMPED not guilty"

So yeh wont help much whatever you do or however you look upon it.

I had a few constables...by the time id finished there was a over 1500 255 bans on ares, as i didnt have tools just a GM char with /forbidconnect <ie 255 ban>.. Constables work,Takes an age to patrol all 4 servers, all the different zones and when u get to a player prove they are using KOXP <spawning same mob etc>

portuguesesoldier

every time i read a topic like this i wonder if everyone forgets what game thier playing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast