Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

would you be in favor of a notice flashing for every ban that happens?

This is a discussion on would you be in favor of a notice flashing for every ban that happens? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I think if they flash a message in that scroll window at top for every person that is ban and ...
Page: 1

mrmagic2008

I think if they flash a message in that scroll window at top for every person that is ban and the reason why, maybe that will scare people into using hacks? For example "Player XXXXX has been banned 30 days for speed hacking". The downside is of course it could be a constant message flashing every minute

J

Actually it wouldn't because the GM's don't do anything. And this will just scare hackers to log off because the GM is on.

Ezquerra

a litle group of gms were doing their jobs good like sullimo or saphry but atm atleast on my server i didn't see more bans already.

its more efficient for a gm to simple gather names and do a mass ban at once and those notices dont scare off macro'rs at all

it'll make all the hackers turn off hacks until gm gets back on. not good idea.

they should put lists of people banned each week, and the reason

Zxenke

Yea, alerting people to when the GM is online is a bad idea. I am GM of another server, and I would log on and ban people war bugging, then once I know all cheaters at that time were banned, I would announce I was on. People would log off when I would announce I banned one person, leaving me without cheaters to ban.

What bans :huh:?

mammlea2

Every 30 mins or so the server should send a notice to scare the speed hackers, even if a gm is not online

mrmagic2008

but isn't that the point?
    I mean if cheaters log off when GMs are banning, at least we can have an 1hr worth of cheat free cz/dcz?

Banned

would be more helpfull if the gm's would log on and ban people for a 16 hour shift , and locking new accounts to 2 per ip adress per 30 days , or find a way to limit the account making process to that .....honestly that would fix the problem it would be to risky to macro then cause you would be stuck w/o if you got caught

Zxenke

if they just used a better anti-cheat program, it would fix alot of stuff. That and not having the fucking .tbl files client side. It's asking for trouble

Banned

if they just used a better anti-cheat program, it would fix alot of stuff. That and not having the fucking .tbl files client side. It's asking for trouble[/b]

that wouldnt even phase them , they have to limit account im telling you this now ..... its the only way to stop these fucking farmers and the god dam koxpers otherwise they can just keep em comin

Zxenke

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say, but banning Turks fixed 90% of private servers. Too bad the game would be nonexistent if they did

Last time koxp was rampant (it was arrow shower hack back then) it was announced in game when accounts were banned.
    It did give some satisfaction when you recognised a name - but I dont think it scared cheaters much.

didinino

they do their job on carnac west. been reporting some of the macro and they just went "offline" forever xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast