Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

WoW pvp or KO pvp ?

This is a discussion on WoW pvp or KO pvp ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I played both. KO is better...
Page: 11

Laggy

I played both.
    KO is better

LightPriest

I can tell you never played WoW

1] Yea, It's common sense it brings skills back into the game, Ko pvp is basiclly a Potting Contest to see who can heal the most and kill.
    2] Whatever you mean by Proportionals...
    3] You can easily disable it - which unlike KO, You can change their interface and everything with addon's WHICH you cannot do in Ko.
    4] Why talk shit about a game you never played?[/b]

I saiod NO FUKING BLAME ME IT'S MY WAY TO THINK ABOTU THIS GAME, AND NOT THE YOUR, YOU DONT DECIDE FOR ME , NOW READ ATTENTIVLY AND LET ME THINK WHAT I WANT

TouchMyBlade

I always smiled to myself when WoW players went on and on about killing static AI scripts as if it was an accomplishment. To be sure, coordinating a group of people that lack basic strategic thinking is pretty difficult, but at the end of the day, raiding is nothing more than beating down a static AI script that was designed to have a solution, and then farming it again and again for purples. I always found the idea of grinding the same raid dungeons over and over to be horrifically boring, I would rather spend extra time at work and earn brownie points with my boss than waste my time on that. I will submit however that tanking was actually pretty difficult. Healing and dps are lol-easy by comparison, little more than simple gear checks.

Theoretically WoW PvP could be more complex than KO, but that falls apart when you see the average player in WoW doesn't use keybinds, turns with the keyboard instead of the mouse, and doesn't use the full range of class skills available to them. I always had more success finding real opponents in KO. I believe this is partly because WoW has so many players and partly because it is primarily a PvE experience (count the number of content patches that added to PvP and count the number of content patches that added to PvE, and compare)

Finally, the classes in WoW are so poorly balanced that the Arena is a big joke that just keeps getting funnier. (I hear now even some BG pieces have a rating requirement? HAH! )

However, the one thing WoW truly has over KO is the near total lack of cheaters. Sure, there are win traders, speed glitchers, and botters, but it is nowhere near as bad as KO was in my final days.[/b]
    Yeh KO is balanced. Duffing BP vs anything or mage vs anything are good match ups. KO is the most unbalanced game to the point that in most 1v1 you agree to not use some skills to try even it up. Not to mention the extreme difference in gear that most ppl have. At least in wow all gear is attainable unlike KO you gota babshop or have duped to get some of the best items in the game.

WoW pvp is on par with KO. KO pvp is easy and even nobs can be decent. In WoW you have to know your class all other classes and read your enemy to know what move you will use next to be good. Once you find a few friends who do this its amazing.

But at the end of the day. You have to work so hard to be in a postiion to do well in PvP for KO. Exp for a million years if u can find parties and not get KSing parties. Pay crazy premium prices to make it faster. Then only to go and find all the other turks have +3 uniqes and +9 weaps and armor. SO you get rolled anyway. The only way to be on par is to babashop unless you been playing for even and were in the top clan long anough to get gears.

KO is the game you wanna pvp on but never play to obtian the lvl and items required to play. UNless you keep rerolling servers as they come out so everyone is noob.

[/b]

Just because rogues are getting benched in raids for locks, cause they got better dps :P then you dont have to whine XD... and the pvp in wow aint that gr8 either, its too easy to get full S3 and 24xx rating. I'd actually call it Welfare epics along with badge loot.

So Arena players = Welfare players.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Yeh KO is balanced. Duffing BP vs anything or mage vs anything are good match ups. KO is the most unbalanced game to the point that in most 1v1 you agree to not use some skills to try even it up. Not to mention the extreme difference in gear that most ppl have. At least in wow all gear is attainable unlike KO you gota babshop or have duped to get some of the best items in the game.

WoW pvp is on par with KO. KO pvp is easy and even nobs can be decent. In WoW you have to know your class all other classes and read your enemy to know what move you will use next to be good. Once you find a few friends who do this its amazing.

But at the end of the day. You have to work so hard to be in a postiion to do well in PvP for KO. Exp for a million years if u can find parties and not get KSing parties. Pay crazy premium prices to make it faster. Then only to go and find all the other turks have +3 uniqes and +9 weaps and armor. SO you get rolled anyway. The only way to be on par is to babashop unless you been playing for even and were in the top clan long anough to get gears.

KO is the game you wanna pvp on but never play to obtian the lvl and items required to play. UNless you keep rerolling servers as they come out so everyone is noob.[/b]
    When I say KO is the better game, I'm not talking about KO today. I'm talking about the KO that existed in my days. AKA the KO that died when KE went live.

The PUS created an artificial number of debuffers; prior to that a debuffer was a luxury, every party had a buffer/healer out of pure necessity. With the ability to self buff via scrolls, suddenly every party was running around with multiple debuffers, and this caused the debuff-fest that was the new CZ. I admit that got less fun pretty fast.

Prior to accessory compounding, gear was virtually a non-issue. Once dupers gained access to +2 and +3 uniques, suddenly gear mattered more than it should ever have.

To this day I refuse to acknowledge that RoFD exists.

Among other things KO had the right idea making skills such as sleep carpet not work in PvP; it simply isn't very fun to make it CC based. I will take the debuff based approach of KO PvP any day over WoW's semi-interactive slideshow that is watching your character die under obscene amounts of CC. Don't know about you but I spent roughly 50% of my time in PvP unable to control my character. That's just bad design, frankly. And as mentioned above raiding is not my thing. I'm of the mind that WoW is simply not a PvP'ers game; too much emphasis is put on the PvE aspect. This is one reason that they can't get the classes balanced properly.

Sure, you can make the argument that the classes have more depth, but like I said, most players don't use that depth. They stick to about 4 basic buttons to handle most of their situations. Once you know what you're doing, it quickly becomes obvious that most others simply don't.

And yes Ringie, WoW GM support is A+.

I don't agree that Arena players are welfare players though, where's the NPC for me to get PvE gear via honor? Badges for PvP gear = catering to the raiders, yet again. It just never stops; that's what Blizzard gets for hiring former EQ nuts as developers.

Yun :wub:
    It has been ages.^^ Try2KissMe here ;p

Just because rogues are getting benched in raids for locks, cause they got better dps :P then you dont have to whine XD... and the pvp in wow aint that gr8 either, its too easy to get full S3 and 24xx rating. I'd actually call it Welfare epics along with badge loot.

So Arena players = Welfare players.[/b]
    its easy on a scrub battleground full of carebears. Nihilum are so terrible they had to go and recruit some reckoning players (who i had on farm) to pvp for them. Getting #1 on a strong ladder is much harder than killing an internet dragon. But at the end of the day, all mmo's are for retards. I think that playing wow just for the gear is pretty sad.

Half the people who say KO's is better haven't played wow. They just tell themselves this to make themselves feel better about a shitty game ran by a shitty company which they spend the equivalent of 4 wow accounts on plat prem and 1k kc a month.[/b]
    well in fact 90% of mine friends r playing WoW, i saw many fights etc. I tryed to play wow, but....i dont like it for some unknown reason. my friends who saw KO says shitty graphick, stupid boring leveling, small maps, but when they saw the PK they was like WTF? they asked me: "isnt it a bit hardcore?"
    anyway wow has everything that KO doesnt. but KO has one thing, the best PvP ever because of comboing. in every second game the items win, but in KO the skills and fast fingers can beate almoust everyone.
    I say that KO has best PK system ever because of one thing, you must be pretty skilled to be good, its not about pushing buttons, its about skills and tactics.
    I tryed and played many games, but i couldnt find a game that has better PK than KO.

PS : I stoped play KO last summer and i will never come back because of K2

anyway wow has everything that KO doesnt. but KO has one thing, the best PvP ever because of comboing. in every second game the items win, but in KO the skills and fast fingers can beate almoust everyone.
    PS : I stoped play KO last summer and i will never come back because of K2[/b]
    You are quite wrong, Items are everything in KO anymore - Not skills and fast fingers, More like +4 Uniques and +10 shells and +10 weapon's.

WoW Is not Item based, It depends on skills - Some on items ofc for the right hp and what not - But it is not majority Item based like KO - that's why I enjoy it, Plus the single fact that they have SOOOO much armor set's and weapon's it isn't even funny!

I mean in Ko you got 6 Armor set's - Paper, a little bit over paper, Half plate, Full plate, chitin, and Shell's that's it - And the Gryphons and Valks cover that up in a shitty getup that either makes you look like your a retard trying to fly, or a guy that has a fetish for lion's.

Wow has like....shitload's :X

i agree with tchuddi...
    VictoryAkara, your post is true too, but how fast can make +10 items, faster than others? Before that, skills win...

KO = PvP game
    WoW = PvE game

i agree with tchuddi...
    VictoryAkara, your post is true too, but how fast can make +10 items, faster than others? Before that, skills win...

KO = PvP game
    WoW = PvE game[/b]
    How fast? Fucking easy with KO's Dupe system - Example, A day or 2 ago when rols were dropping from fucking wolves.

ZumieZ

I Played KO for 3 years , i just strted WoW like 3 months now , im still not sure about PVP KO is HARDCORE , intense PVP system
    I play rogue in WOW nd its really interesting , its a very fun class but im sure if i play any other other class , its gonna suck BIG time

KO=WOW(rogue)
    KO>>>>>WOW (other classes)

I Played KO for 3 years , i just strted WoW like 3 months now , im still not sure about PVP KO is HARDCORE , intense PVP system
    I play rogue in WOW nd its really interesting , its a very fun class but im sure if i play any other other class , its gonna suck BIG time

KO=WOW(rogue)
    KO>>>>>WOW (other classes)[/b]
    Really? Personally I like Hunter ^^ <3 my class.

ZumieZ

Really? Personally I like Hunter ^^ <3 my class.[/b]
    ;D , Hunter suck u should try a rogue ;P , Undead , at lvl 46 i took down a lvl 49 hunter ;P , even tho im not that geared
    i play Cairne its the newest server nd its full =D u should come by some day ;P

asenptot

Bilizzard vs K2 ?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast