Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

WoW pvp or KO pvp ?

This is a discussion on WoW pvp or KO pvp ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; how is it built for pve dude your crazy non stop all day long pvp events in jurad like settings ...
Page: 5

how is it built for pve dude your crazy non stop all day long pvp events in jurad like settings is fucking awesome , not to mention all the open pvp even in non pve servers dueling system just completely slaughters ko even runescapes dueling murders ko and wat class in wow can't pvp ... sure theres a few classes ppl pick more then others but any class u say that can't pvp is just because u can't play it same reasons ppl play warriors cuz they can't minor or they can't play support in ko

the only thing i have a problem with when it comes to wow is how long it takes for them to release new game patches having to buy the game patches and the retarded 10 year olds that play it and the idiot 40 year olds who run clans and bitch when u dont roll something u know no one else needs[/b]
    dude pre-BC it was ALL about pve, even stats on HWL and GM sets were shitty so it wasnt worth to pvp besides u could pvp and OWN with your PVE gearz :P i remember myself owning HWLs with my Conqueror set and stuff. And now in BC pve sucks u cant compare Black Temple with Naxxramas but at least theres Arena pvp system now and also resilience so u need PVP GEARZ to pvp.
    h34r:

Hey all i need ur opinion and show my firend im right
    wich game has better pvp ??? WoW ( world of warcraft ) or KO ( knight online ) :mellow:[/b]
    My answer: KO
    Pvp is more dynamic than in Wow,

I don't know what game your playing but the Knight Online I know only had good pk once in a blue moon.
    Usually it was just scrubs on running in packs of 20 gangbanging some noob turks.

That being said, when pk was good on ko. It was good. Some 8 v 20 shit, that stuff was fun. Or some crazy solo, duo action. Definitely exciting.
    But all the times going to CZ seeing too many ksers and scrubs that-- not so fun.

And the more I played the more I encountered the latter.

I'll stick to WoW tyvm. I like logging in and being able to just jump right into arenas whenever I want. Not being able to PK because its "turk time" isn't exactly what I want to do, but don't get me wrong. When PK was good in KO nothing will beat it, but the shit I found fun was rare.
    Maybe because WoW is 100x more successful than KO, ask a random gamer what Knight Online is... its a smaller closed off community. Why do you think KOXP is googled so much more in turkey, maybe they do cheat more, but maybe its also because they make up about 90% of the KO population. WoW is more popular then KO so naturally more people will try to cheat.
    Use your head guy.
    And your comparing this to what? Oh the game where the gold farmers are killing Isiloons, Felankors, and Ultima for uniques worth HUNDREDS of dollars. THE HARDEST, Most difficult boss in the game, being killed by CHEATERS, that took no more then a few hours to level their characters.
    Yeah thats cool.

How hard is it to fix? maybe have a GM log on each server, wait what? A GM actually log --- No it.. no! THATS CRAZY TALK!

My friend accidentally deleted one of his items the other day on Wow, he sent a support ticket and a GM replaced them in less than 2 hours.
    Pretty neat.

And gold selling in WoW really isn't as harmful as it is in KO... since gear is generally bind on pickup, you can't just buy gold and all of a sudden run around 2 shotting people. All gold will get you is a cool little flying mount and maybe some enchants... which you need to put on gear..... that you need to earn....
    Speakin of fail, theres your corner. Go sit down and think about what you've done.[/b]

You are just defending WOW and maybe insulted by what I am saying but you aren't really reading it. All I am saying is that there are people in these forums who say KO is full of cheaters and WOW doesn't have any at all. Did you read what I wrote or just got your panties in a bunch because you saw me choosing a game you quit over one you play? When you say WOW cheating isn't as harmful, I don't think that is the issue or true and what a ridiculous thing to say. In WOW you can actually pay guilds to level you all day long or simply buy ur macro'd account. The guys that you are competing against are macro'd leveled even super high levels which rarely occurs in KO unless you out and out buy ur account which happens in ALL games. I make no excuses for KO and the cheating and lack of support, my point here is that WOW has just as much, if not more cheating simply because of its popularity. You also don't see it because unlike going into mordon and seeing archers arrow hacking or sit and attk, the macro's on WOW look the same as a guy just farming (did you read any of this?). The other point was on this topic and that was the opinion of people playing KO haven't played WOW pvp and don't have a real opinion based on anything and that is just not true. I don't believe that WOW pvp is better and I really can't see how anyone else can either. It may be different and you may be in to it, but that doesn't make it better, I believe if you took 2 new people and just started pking at a good level and with decent gear you would pick KO all things considered. And like I said, if WOW had as good as or better pvp I really believe most people would play it and no one would play KO because there would be no reason to at all. Wow is also sold in every major electronics store and has a massive advertising campaign and these also contribute to it's popularity. I think when you are bored and want to play around, the environment is much better in WOW but that isn't what is being discussed...so no I don't fail at all and in fact, my pointing out specific reasons and specific counter points actually places me above you and you getting upset by what I did say is a complete fail (Reason > Emo), come back when you feel better and we can talk about it, I'll share my cookie with you.

NuXx

KO pvp is much more dynamic than WoW pvp
    anyway, KO pvp now is only gangbang > camp base, gangbang > camp base over and over again.

I have no idea what half you are referring to but if you personally have EVER pvp in WOW than you cannot in your right mind think it's better than KO. I am sorry I just don't even see how one could possibly think so because WOW pvp sucks period.

And for anyone who thinks WOW has less cheaters you are completely uninformed and in actual fact gold farming in general is somewhat new to KO, it's been a regular stable for over 3 years that I have seen on WOW. And since WOW is a much more populated game there are waaaay more cheaters and farmers than KO could possibly imagine. The reason for this is that WOW items are worth a great deal more and easier to sell than KO with a much higher demand, and if anyone cares to debate it, I invite you to your own searches for macros and gold in both google and youtube (you will see 100x the results then if you did the same for KO). The biggest reason you don't know about the macro in WOW are because they don't look obvious like KO. And since there are some of you who will completely argue this point with nothing behind it, they have macros that are put out on a regular basis where your character can farm an entire area all day long 24 hrs a day and it looks just like it would if you were to do it without macro, although you'd probably die from playing as long as a bot can. There are guys who have 5+ computers running these macros all day every day 7 days a week who will sell you a super high level character in which you will never be scammed on, all for a nice hefty price tag.

KO>WOW sry.[/b]
    this is purely and simply not true, i think u never played wow before, in any type of online game there will be cheaters and hackers its a given... with over 1 year of wow played, in both euro and usa servers i can honestly think of only about 20 or 30 people that i was sure were botting. of course there is botters and gold farmers in wow but they are also in ko. to say that item sales are easier to make in WOw is false, because any item that is a good item is bind on pickup... meaning as soon as u pick up the item it can only be used by the character who looted it or be sold to npc (sundries) ... sure their are some bind on equip epics and rare items but these items generally are world drop items and have a .02% drop rate meaning u cant farm that shit because it will drop from any monster in a certain lvl range of the item at .02% so u could kill all month and never get ur random drop epics. the plain in simple truth about ko is EVERY SINGLE player is fighting for the same items... there just isnt a big enough selection and everyone wants shards 8 or raptor 8 etc everyone wants iron necks and rols and rocs etc ... in WOW even if you some how could say koxp blah blah bug some high level boss and kill that sucker all by yourself those items u cant sell in market because when you loot it its bound to u

so u dont have any jerks farming bf and ruining ur economy like u were complaining about rad :P....

the thing about gold selling sites is they pray upon dumb jerks who want powerleveled accounts u pay them money then give ur pw away and they take all ur gold and put it into their guild bank then sell it to the next jerk who comes around. for me truely i find ko market to be much higher dollar sales for items too in wow for example you could make a twink character aka dcz character for probably like 300-1k gold, on euro servers if you bought that gold from gold sellers ud pay about 15$ :P try to make a dcz character in ko for 15$... currently i never had to buy gold on wow i dont see the purpose any item u want is within your grasp its not like ko where items cost `129847129487 gbs more money then you can even hold... best items in wow cost a few k gold and if you have a good character that could actually benefit from those items im sure u have a established way to grind out the gold u need

just my .02 cents

on topic though ko pvp is better then wow pvp
    generally though wow is better game

Banned

If you look at all the aspects WoW>KO , thats just obvious

PK wise KO>WoW

KO pvp may be the best out of any mmorpg. I remember after myko closed I spent a long time looking for a game with PK as exciting as KO, I just couldn't. If a good company actually took over KO, added expansions that actually changed things, fixed all the hacking. KO could be a VERY popular game.

Chances are that won't happen.

phillyfreak

ko is definitely more balanced than wow. rouges in wow are way overpowered and trying to play a support character like a priest in wow is pretty much pointless since your armor is like being naked and you get stun locked by rouges constantly. in wow its all about gangbang and being the most powerful class. but in ko even though gangbang is a big part you can still win a 2v8 if youre skilled enough. but wow is all about the items and the number of people, its very difficult to win a fight against people with the same kind of items as you if they have more people, no matter how skilled you are. and also wow has a very limited potting system, so ko > wow for pvp, but wow owns in pve

Well I prefer KO PVP more than WoW PVP.I have played both,so I know.I really got bored with WoW and I think the PvP sucks.
    I just think if you want to see for your self,go to a WoW Private server,you can get gear and items easy so you can see how the PvP is

Ganadorph Senior Member

ko pk is shit unless you have good players to pk with. ko pk is about hoping ur noob turk opponent doesnt /town before u can get him to 50% and once u get him to 50% u have to pray he doesnt have a mage who will tp him to town. but with a good party of course the pk is great. there's more about the ko pk thats good but im sure u kno about it... comboing etc

wow pk is strategy and teamwork and knowing how to use ur skill. but it gets too repetitive so it gets boring at times. its not as bad as people say it is though.

and +1 to victoryakara. wow has a good company behind it that actually does their job. k2 is a piece of shit. speed hack has been out for months, select character has been "temporarily" disabled for about 2 years i think. i know the select character thing has nothing to do with pk but it just goes to show how lazy k2 is.[/b]
    llmao what about R3RR3RR3RR3RR3RR3RR3RR3RR3RR3RR3R??!!! ISNT THAT REPETITIVE TOO??????

YouGotOwned

IF each games has a PVP only version, IF each games were run by good companies, IF each games were free, then yes KO PVP>>>>>>WOW PVP....but it's not the reality.In the reality you can't play ONLY PVP in each game. you gotta level your char and get gear. and that's where WOW>KO

In the reality, PVP in KO is only good after you spend THOUSANDS of hours doing the most BORING XP of all MMORPGs. In WOW, you can get lvl 70 in 1-2 month while having alot of fun and do no grinding at all. In the reality, you gotta spend double the $/month in KO than WOW to get lvl 80 in less than a year. In the reality you get owned by people having +9 items unless you get them too wich cost even more money. In the reality you will do good PK in KO for maybe 6 months then quit because of hackers.

yes KO PVP is fucking good. better than WOW. if KO PVP is SO good, plz explain me why there's absolutely no old school players in KO? they all left. I've talk to alot of people who went from KO to WOW. they still think that KO PVP is the best you can get. but they all still play WOW.

every single aspect of WOW(except PVP) >>>>>>>KO everyone's agree with that.

the question you should ask yourself is is it worth to get one of the worst XPing and support ever to have a good PVP??

ko is definitely more balanced than wow. rouges in wow are way overpowered and trying to play a support character like a priest in wow is pretty much pointless since your armor is like being naked and you get stun locked by rouges constantly. in wow its all about gangbang and being the most powerful class. but in ko even though gangbang is a big part you can still win a 2v8 if youre skilled enough. but wow is all about the items and the number of people, its very difficult to win a fight against people with the same kind of items as you if they have more people, no matter how skilled you are. and also wow has a very limited potting system, so ko > wow for pvp, but wow owns in pve[/b]
    U dont really know what your talking about do you? :blink: I was a Mortal Strike warrior and i got my ass kicked by a DISCIPLINE PRIEST once. Also rogues arent OP, each class its pretty balanced actually but still.... i like KO pvp more. h34r:

this is purely and simply not true, i think u never played wow before, in any type of online game there will be cheaters and hackers its a given... with over 1 year of wow played, in both euro and usa servers i can honestly think of only about 20 or 30 people that i was sure were botting. of course there is botters and gold farmers in wow but they are also in ko. to say that item sales are easier to make in WOw is false, because any item that is a good item is bind on pickup... meaning as soon as u pick up the item it can only be used by the character who looted it or be sold to npc (sundries) ... sure their are some bind on equip epics and rare items but these items generally are world drop items and have a .02% drop rate meaning u cant farm that shit because it will drop from any monster in a certain lvl range of the item at .02% so u could kill all month and never get ur random drop epics. the plain in simple truth about ko is EVERY SINGLE player is fighting for the same items... there just isnt a big enough selection and everyone wants shards 8 or raptor 8 etc everyone wants iron necks and rols and rocs etc ... in WOW even if you some how could say koxp blah blah bug some high level boss and kill that sucker all by yourself those items u cant sell in market because when you loot it its bound to u

so u dont have any jerks farming bf and ruining ur economy like u were complaining about rad :P....

the thing about gold selling sites is they pray upon dumb jerks who want powerleveled accounts u pay them money then give ur pw away and they take all ur gold and put it into their guild bank then sell it to the next jerk who comes around. for me truely i find ko market to be much higher dollar sales for items too in wow for example you could make a twink character aka dcz character for probably like 300-1k gold, on euro servers if you bought that gold from gold sellers ud pay about 15$ :P try to make a dcz character in ko for 15$... currently i never had to buy gold on wow i dont see the purpose any item u want is within your grasp its not like ko where items cost `129847129487 gbs more money then you can even hold... best items in wow cost a few k gold and if you have a good character that could actually benefit from those items im sure u have a established way to grind out the gold u need

just my .02 cents

on topic though ko pvp is better then wow pvp
    generally though wow is better game[/b]
    I dunno where you got that I said much of what you say I said and are talking about. Truth is there is a much bigger market in WOW period and I am really surprised you say differently. I invite you to search like I mentioned the markets and tell me differently. I personally know of a guy who makes a huge second income selling accounts on WOW and I have never seen anything like the business he runs, it's amazing. He sells 2-5 accounts every single week and has been for over 2 years (nothing and I mean nothing compares to this on KO). His WOW income is greater than his normal job and the proof is an all the killer toys he buys with the WOW money and his 6 computer set up running bots 7 days a week 24 hrs a day. Also do the search in youtube like I mentioned, I am giving you real proof, not opinion based on like what you say "seeing 20 people botting" type of statement. Sorry to be the breaker of bad news to you but you just aren't informed.

The point was that there are tons of macro and farming in WOW where people have actually been so naive and gullible as to say otherwise. Like I said, you just see it more in KO because its obvious in the game play.

The last point is that pk in KO however you get there, is better. If I thought different, I would go to WOW and still might again someday for the change of pace.

If you want to make other comparisons you are welcome to, such as the costs (do you log in much on WOW with no prem? ya that's what I thought), exp and other game play, those are all valid points but apparently not what was being discussed in the post or disagreed with when brought up.

Well im nto sure about WoW now, but when the cap was still 60, KO's pvp was much better, the amount of teamwork and party based pvp, and the whole pk system is much better then WoW's repetitive pk. However... im not sure how it is now, since ko has a crapload of speedhackers, which totaly ruin it, and WoW has gotten quite a lot of expansions.

You are just defending WOW and maybe insulted by what I am saying but you aren't really reading it. All I am saying is that there are people in these forums who say KO is full of cheaters and WOW doesn't have any at all. Did you read what I wrote or just got your panties in a bunch because you saw me choosing a game you quit over one you play? When you say WOW cheating isn't as harmful, I don't think that is the issue or true and what a ridiculous thing to say. In WOW you can actually pay guilds to level you all day long or simply buy ur macro'd account. The guys that you are competing against are macro'd leveled even super high levels which rarely occurs in KO unless you out and out buy ur account which happens in ALL games. I make no excuses for KO and the cheating and lack of support, my point here is that WOW has just as much, if not more cheating simply because of its popularity. You also don't see it because unlike going into mordon and seeing archers arrow hacking or sit and attk, the macro's on WOW look the same as a guy just farming (did you read any of this?). The other point was on this topic and that was the opinion of people playing KO haven't played WOW pvp and don't have a real opinion based on anything and that is just not true. I don't believe that WOW pvp is better and I really can't see how anyone else can either. It may be different and you may be in to it, but that doesn't make it better, I believe if you took 2 new people and just started pking at a good level and with decent gear you would pick KO all things considered. And like I said, if WOW had as good as or better pvp I really believe most people would play it and no one would play KO because there would be no reason to at all. Wow is also sold in every major electronics store and has a massive advertising campaign and these also contribute to it's popularity. I think when you are bored and want to play around, the environment is much better in WOW but that isn't what is being discussed...so no I don't fail at all and in fact, my pointing out specific reasons and specific counter points actually places me above you and you getting upset by what I did say is a complete fail (Reason > Emo), come back when you feel better and we can talk about it, I'll share my cookie with you.[/b]

I think the point he was trying to make is that the cheating in ko is affecting what is supposed to be the most difficult thing in the game. The most difficult think in KO is ultima and its being killing by a couple dozen cheating archers. In WoW, leveling to 70 isn't difficult, farming gold isn't difficult, and most of the cheats that I know about are all dealing with things that really aren't that difficult, just a bit tedius and annoying. If you're motivated enough, you can go do that stuff by yourself, it just takes more time and effort than cheating. In KO, no level of motivation will allow you to kill Ultima by yourself. The cheaters in WoW are doing tedious tasks for the most part that legit players can keep up with decently. In KO the cheating is killing stuff that is designed to be only killed by the best groups in the game, which also prevents those groups from killing them. I don't think there are any groups of macroers are going and killing Kel'Thuzad or really any of the difficult raid bosses in WoW.

Cheating is bad in both games I'm sure, so its really hard to make an argument against wow based on what one might feel is a lack of cheating in KO. Its hard to make a case against KO too but when I see people who should be taking 5 minutes to kill Attila killing Felankor in less than 2 minutes its helps a little bit.

Brun

Ko all the way!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast