Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

WoW pvp or KO pvp ?

This is a discussion on WoW pvp or KO pvp ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, Now I can just call you a Hypocrite, You say GW > All in pk yet, You didn't play ...
Page: 9

Banned

So, Now I can just call you a Hypocrite, You say GW > All in pk yet, You didn't play WoW much - And it's PvP Everywhere and anywhere, Like Horde can get into Stormwind and such and pk.

But, You never played WoW Much so you woulden't know the game your making fun of either.
    Fun, But I have played Guild War's And it's so damn gay, Sure It was...good graphics at one point of time, that was the only strong suit it had really.

But w/e enough of it.[/b]
    How am I a hypocrite? I say GW > all in PK, yes. I never stated I (keyword) extensively played WOW. I know there's PvP everywhere, IE raiding stormwind but I don't find mass raids fun. I don't really even consider it PvP, its kinda like war in KO..
    Your arguments are just getting less substance based....as you keep posting, it's getting to a point where pointing out the obvious isn't a good enough reason to respond...almost.
    BTW, I played GW w/ all detail settings on low.

You didn't experience real guild wars.
    I experienced some of real WoW.

I bolded some words for you since you like to ignore key words that apparently refute your arguments.

i played guild wars briefly and i hated it, static combat really sucks. WoW has way more depth than either KO or GW, you cant really get into the pvp until you have an understanding of how all classes work, which takes some time. I dont think you can just play 1 class for a tiny bit and expect to have a feel for the pvp because some classes are slow and tactical (warlocks), others are about fast nukes (mage, rogue) and some are just about the utility they bring (shaman). Also wow pvp is very very different to wow raiding, which is why most wow players are terrible and cant even get to 2200 rating. Raiding is just 2 or 3 buttons pressed over and over, a bit like KO. PvP is using pretty much all abilities which can be 30-40 skills in some cases, and you have to be actively aware of what your opponent(s) are doing, unlike KO.

i played guild wars briefly and i hated it, static combat really sucks. WoW has way more depth than either KO or GW, you cant really get into the pvp until you have an understanding of how all classes work, which takes some time. I dont think you can just play 1 class for a tiny bit and expect to have a feel for the pvp because some classes are slow and tactical (warlocks), others are about fast nukes (mage, rogue) and some are just about the utility they bring (shaman). Also wow pvp is very very different to wow raiding, which is why most wow players are terrible and cant even get to 2200 rating. Raiding is just 2 or 3 buttons pressed over and over, a bit like KO. PvP is using pretty much all abilities which can be 30-40 skills in some cases, and you have to be actively aware of what your opponent(s) are doing, unlike KO.[/b]
    If you think raiding is just 2 or 3 button pressing, then i think you should try and raid Blacktemple/Sunwell on either a Warlock/Warrior or aResto shammy. As a tank i normally use 8 different buttons all the time.

Banned

i played guild wars briefly and i hated it, static combat really sucks. WoW has way more depth than either KO or GW, you cant really get into the pvp until you have an understanding of how all classes work, which takes some time. I dont think you can just play 1 class for a tiny bit and expect to have a feel for the pvp because some classes are slow and tactical (warlocks), others are about fast nukes (mage, rogue) and some are just about the utility they bring (shaman). Also wow pvp is very very different to wow raiding, which is why most wow players are terrible and cant even get to 2200 rating. Raiding is just 2 or 3 buttons pressed over and over, a bit like KO. PvP is using pretty much all abilities which can be 30-40 skills in some cases, and you have to be actively aware of what your opponent(s) are doing, unlike KO.[/b]
    everything you say for wow applies towards guild wars
    and guild wars has way more builds

Within all games i played (WoW,GW,MuO etc.) KO has best pvp ever.

everything you say for wow applies towards guild wars
    and guild wars has way more builds[/b]
    No, guild wars is static. No kiting, or positional skill whatsoever. Massive difference.

If you think raiding is just 2 or 3 button pressing, then i think you should try and raid Blacktemple/Sunwell on either a Warlock/Warrior or aResto shammy. As a tank i normally use 8 different buttons all the time.[/b]
    You proved my point. Ive raiding on a rshaman, asides from totems there are only 3 skills to use. Tanks are the hardest but even then... 8 buttons is nothing. You make it sound like its difficult when it's not at all. Warriors are the easiest class to play in pvp and they use 2 or 3 times as many buttons in pvp as in raiding.

On ptr i used to play a slsl warlock and i easily used 30 abilities in any long duel, and i wasn't even an expert at the class. In raiding they just spam 2 or 3 buttons, huge difference.

No, guild wars is static. No kiting, or positional skill whatsoever. Massive difference.
    You proved my point. Ive raiding on a rshaman, asides from totems there are only 3 skills to use. Tanks are the hardest but even then... 8 buttons is nothing. You make it sound like its difficult when it's not at all. Warriors are the easiest class to play in pvp and they use 2 or 3 times as many buttons in pvp as in raiding.

On ptr i used to play a slsl warlock and i easily used 30 abilities in any long duel, and i wasn't even an expert at the class. In raiding they just spam 2 or 3 buttons, huge difference.[/b]
    A warrior doesnt use more buttons in pvp than he does in raiding. Maybe a warrior who got under 1k tps use more buttons in pvp than a tank does in raiding, and yes i know locks use tons of buttons in pvp i had one myself with 4/8 T6 that i used now and then for alt black temple runs and i almost fell asleep cause it was just spamming SB and a curse now and then to be in top5 dps..

Warrior is easy as fuck in pvp untill you face a bunch of mages that actually know how to play their class, rest is piss easy for a warrior that knows how to play his class perfectly. But in pve it aint always easy to be a tank cause you gotta watch the whole raid and make sure that everything is going as planned all the time. In fact we kicked alot of tanks just cause they went afk for 15 sec without saying a thing and cause they couldnt handle tanking 5 mobs while everyone going all out on them.

In fact a guild with a warrior that uses more buttons in pvp than in pve (prot specced) should stick to kz

a.k.a Hooligan Senior Member

KO pvp is better if there is no lag or cheaters etc... u need some skill of pressing buttons =)

Banned

On ptr i used to play a slsl warlock and i easily used 30 abilities in any long duel, and i wasn't even an expert at the class. In raiding they just spam 2 or 3 buttons, huge difference.[/b]
    Guild Wars is like pure kiting as much as WoW....you guys never acutally played the game did you? Do you even know what wards are, slows, hex's, cast times, seeds, prots, spikes...

1 Of the best skills in GW is a ward of slow
    It makes a ward that slows all units by 50% in a circle radius
    I really dont think anyone here is knowledgeable enough to actually comment on GW. But to be honest im probably not for WoW...KO however I am.
    And I played when there were no expansions, so now there's just so much more builds etc.

LightPriest

Ko Pvp For sure, Wow dont have 2 second cooldown potions, and The Char in wow are not proportionals xD, and too the damage appear on their heads -_- Bullshit xD, ( Btw dont flame me it's my advice all think different )

Light

Ko Pvp For sure, Wow dont have 2 second cooldown potions, and The Char in wow are not proportionals xD, and too the damage appear on their heads -_- Bullshit xD, ( Btw dont flame me it's my advice all think different )

Light[/b]
    I can tell you never played WoW

1] Yea, It's common sense it brings skills back into the game, Ko pvp is basiclly a Potting Contest to see who can heal the most and kill.
    2] Whatever you mean by Proportionals...
    3] You can easily disable it - which unlike KO, You can change their interface and everything with addon's WHICH you cannot do in Ko.
    4] Why talk shit about a game you never played?

ZumieZ

KO is like playing King Of Fighters i think it doesnt need much strategie since udont really have that much skills nd all u need is some fast fingers
    WoW its timing , strategie , teamwork , support and skills id say KO PvP is good when it comes to minor combo =D , otherwise WoW Ownz on all aspects

Ko PvP was quite fun back before it was confined to gang banging and struggling to find people who were actually a challenge for you.. back when it was 12 o'clock rushes that were just plain ridiculous and it was about enjoying yourself and not worrying about +9 glowies coming after you at lightning-speed hacking levels. KO definitely had its prime PK, even experienced some good types on Girakon, but it's potential has been exploited and tbh it won't ever reach its prime again.

WoW I enjoy a lot more for the simple fact that it's challenging and it involves strategy and actual thinking to analyze your opponents and situations. If you click here you can see all of the main combinations you yourself can make for pvp as 2v2s, some 3v3s, but no 5v5s are given.. and then by clicking on that set up you can see the numerous possibilities and strats you have to understand and analyze in order to play against others successfully. It's not just a chitin priests spamming full heals and throwing aoe debuffs with one ice mage icing em all and a sin and warrior cleaning em up as is often in KO.. my 2v2 team as Mage and Rogue has to take each situation individually and actually plan out and execute plans skillfully based on every single curve ball that is thrown at you simultaneously.. I can't just ice nova and tp the rogue after he MH combos and kills someone. Not to mention that without the usage of pots, you actually have to.. whats that? Think about the skills you will use rather than just spamming the hell out of party heals and Howling sword, hoping a combo brings down your opponents. Even though you think that limited things like this mean it highly constricts PvP.. actually there's some 2v2 matches that have lasted upwards of 40 minutes or more based on how skillfully each team adapts. Oh and this is just arenas.. there's also battlegrounds and then world PvP if you are on a PvP server.

I love KO, I love WoW. KO was fun, but I prefer WoW's strategic PvP to KO's more simplistic type.

hej

If they haven't changed WOW then a lvl 67 cant kill a lvl 70 and if you kill someone more then 3time you don't get anything for it and most important is that killing give nothing compared to doing quest in "pvp" zone....

If they haven't changed WOW then a lvl 67 cant kill a lvl 70 and if you kill someone more then 3time you don't get anything for it and most important is that killing give nothing compared to doing quest in "pvp" zone....[/b]
    If i rememb correct they changed that in one of the last patches, so now you can kill a person as much as you want :P.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast