Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wtf?

This is a discussion on wtf? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ah those 30k AOE arrows are the best [/b] Yeah I know right? Cheap bastards wont release something in the ...
Page: 2

Infinitemadness

Ah those 30k AOE arrows are the best [/b]
    Yeah I know right? Cheap bastards wont release something in the game that KNOWS will f- it all up, yet will do barely anything to prevent any major cheating.

BTW, little known fact, you know why they dropped PB? Because it kept crashing the servers. Their servers were to unstable to handle it. I dont know about now, but back then, like everyday, they would say, "Ok reinstalled PB, restarting servers....wait, problem, ok disable PB, no cheat prevention, GMS on high alert!" And sure enough, cheaters would run rampant, until the 2-3 minutes that PB would work and it would flood the servers with codes, and **CRASH**.../end useless info rant.

Banned Senior Member

I still dunno why they wanted to use PB which was mostly for FPS games on a MMO

Infinitemadness

I still dunno why they wanted to use PB which was mostly for FPS games on a MMO[/b]

Well the scripting for PB was based off of strands of info that was sent to the server/client side that was abnormal for the game. So PB (the creators) designed a special release of PB that just basically said, OK this line is not correct, ban. This line is correct, but abnormal, ban. This line is correct, normal, but not on our list, ban. And it was MAINLY due to sins and their light feet. Or atleast thats what I was told. It was basically PB that was banning shit loads of people and they weren't doing anything out of the normal other than "playing the game". With that in mind, it did catch alot of the cheats. But in the same token it was catching everything that PB designed for, that KO allows. They just kept talking apples and oranges back and forth. And with all the information being sent to the servers, it couldnt handle it. PB is a nice idea, for those games that are designed for certain limitations. But for KO, it breaks those limitations, and PB freaked out.

Banned Senior Member

I remember getting alot of PM's about PB client banning someone for a day or so over pretty much nothing at all. And I remember when PB detected any "odd" programs it would give the info to K2 or something, because even Devile had any characters he logged on banned for like 2 weeks same with a few clannies. Even chars that never once left moradon, they were just lvl 1's used to merch were all banned.

And ya, everyone knew the PUS contests were to boost sales , hell I wonder how many people bought premium that day Bjorn ( I cant even remember his GM name anymore ) gave out 2 free lvls which caused chaos in the forums, from what I heard CS, and with the Wabbitz

Edit: After finally looking through all my early KE screens... found his name... Saturo

Infinitemadness

I remember getting alot of PM's about PB client banning someone for a day or so over pretty much nothing at all. And I remember when PB detected any "odd" programs it would give the info to K2 or something, because even Devile had any characters he logged on banned for like 2 weeks same with a few clannies. Even chars that never once left moradon, they were just lvl 1's used to merch were all banned.

And ya, everyone knew the PUS contests were to boost sales , hell I wonder how many people bought premium that day Bjorn ( I cant even remember his GM name anymore ) gave out 2 free lvls which caused chaos in the forums, from what I heard CS, and with the Wabbitz

Edit: After finally looking through all my early KE screens... found his name... Saturo [/b]
    Yeah lol when I went out to Cali, I met that guy. He was a laid back type of guy. He obviously wasnt working for K2 at the time, but he was still friends with Alex and Ian, and came over like everyday that I was there just to hang out.

G0D

What the hell does PB stand for? :huh:

punkbuster....

G0D

punkbuster....[/b]
    Ohhh yeaahhh!! It makes sence now :lol:

:TeK:

Got any SS of these AOE arrows madness=) i will gýft you cookie.

Infinitemadness

Oh Im sure I do somewhere. To lazy to sift through all those screen shots I have. One of these days I'll come across it, and post it. When they first learned of them, me and Alex went into the arena and he slaughtered everyone. Everyone was confused on what was happening and we sat back laughing our ass off.

Banned Senior Member

It was used once before in GM event as well, nobody did any notices and we saw HumanChampion log into CZ. They were using the 30k AOE arrows cause all you would see is they would kill like 10 people at once and it was being spammed in CZ. They waited about 30 mins before announcing the "event"

It was used once before in GM event as well, nobody did any notices and we saw HumanChampion log into CZ. They were using the 30k AOE arrows cause all you would see is they would kill like 10 people at once and it was being spammed in CZ. They waited about 30 mins before announcing the "event"[/b]
    I just imagined a koxper showering my priest with that shit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12