Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Year: 2006 - Ares Knight's Rank

This is a discussion on Year: 2006 - Ares Knight's Rank within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm not saying anything but.... it must be nice not needing to hold W and Spam R to chase your ...
Page: 5

I'm not saying anything but.... it must be nice not needing to hold W and Spam R to chase your target.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Then those sins should take some lessons:

I can't speak on behalf of all sins back in the day but saying Cyrus/000 used macros when you never played with him is just wrong and belittles how far ahead of everyone else he was back then. I was on Vent with him when he vsed quite a few of the bigger names from that era and you could always hear his keyboard going mental.
    Macros never fail, Cyrus did occasionaly. One of the biggest reasons he won so much was because he sustained mana so well compared to macros who empty you and leave you looking like an idiot, especially back then when macros were shit compared to today.

There were others who were just as legit as 0, and they were good too but never on 0's level. And then ofc you had the ones that weren't legit in any sort of way, let it be GM help with items or macros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsCt...l=crazyschultz

I was never a top player on official servers nor private servers, but I always prefered playing the game as it suposed to be instead of getting advantages from illegal stuff and making the game boring for me and the rest of the players. The most important thing about KO for me was always having fun, not trying to be the best. What's the point of winning if you know that you are not doing by yourself? Doesn't make sense to me... I was going to loose the first 1vs1 on this movie, but I think the other guy went out of mana. You can see at some point in the 1vs1 that my right hand (im left handed and I minored only in the keyboard) gets tired and I stop minoring at the same speed I was before, so I end up with a lot of mana. And that's the beauty of playing clean, you will commit mistakes or you won't be as good as your opponent and you might end up losing, but that gives you margin to learn something new and try to improve yourself.

Anyways, if you practice a lot you can play as a sin without any macro. And for all the ones who are saying that spamming RR is dumb and shit, you don't know shit about playing sin, it's a very unique class cuz u actually gotta adapt ur combo to specific situations, atleast for me. For PvP in general I used WR combo, for vsing I used RR and for vsing archers SRWR to keep in range or only SR. And if a true sin player is spamming RR for everything I don't see what's the matter in that, given that assassin is the hardest class to play in KO without a doubt.

I remember this dude from Brazil who had a serious brain damage due to lack of oxygen during his birth and lost most of his motor skills and he had to play with some sort of a pen to click the buttons for him,besides the fact he was in a wheelchair all of his life. And the dude used to be a good fucking mage, so to all you dumbfucks who use any kind of illegal shit, what's your fucking excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrofile View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsCt...l=crazyschultz

I was never a top player on official servers nor private servers, but I always prefered playing the game as it suposed to be instead of getting advantages from illegal stuff and making the game boring for me and the rest of the players. The most important thing about KO for me was always having fun, not trying to be the best. What's the point of winning if you know that you are not doing by yourself? Doesn't make sense to me... I was going to loose the first 1vs1 on this movie, but I think the other guy went out of mana. You can see at some point in the 1vs1 that my right hand (im left handed and I minored only in the keyboard) gets tired and I stop minoring at the same speed I was before, so I end up with a lot of mana. And that's the beauty of playing clean, you will commit mistakes or you won't be as good as your opponent and you might end up losing, but that gives you margin to learn something new and try to improve yourself.

Anyways, if you practice a lot you can play as a sin without any macro. And for all the ones who are saying that spamming RR is dumb and shit, you don't know shit about playing sin, it's a very unique class cuz u actually gotta adapt ur combo to specific situations, atleast for me. For PvP in general I used WR combo, for vsing I used RR and for vsing archers SRWR to keep in range or only SR. And if a true sin player is spamming RR for everything I don't see what's the matter in that, given that assassin is the hardest class to play in KO without a doubt.

I remember this dude from Brazil who had a serious brain damage due to lack of oxygen during his birth and lost most of his motor skills and he had to play with some sort of a pen to click the buttons for him,besides the fact he was in a wheelchair all of his life. And the dude used to be a good fucking mage, so to all you dumbfucks who use any kind of illegal shit, what's your fucking excuse?
    As much as I like the sentiment behind this post, you're just straight up wrong. The main benefit of macro minor in servers without cooldown is the ability to have full control over your mouse while minoring perfectly. It's mostly a PK benefit, not as important in VSing. But it obviously can also help vsing. In servers with minor heal cooldown, macro straight up makes you heal more than a player that is using their hands, which makes vsing pretty pointless. Also, the RR spam is strictly better, because it does actually increase your DPS, since it minimizes the downtime between your R hits, but it might be easier to learn a rhytm for your combo if you choose to do something else. And these days the difference between a good sin and a bad sin is about the small details. It's not about knowing how to combo, it's not about knowing how to minor, it's about positioning, curing, target selection etc. KO hasn't been a game where individual mechanical skill matters for a long time. Player skill is mostly about knowledge and strategy these days, which is why macroing has become extremely blatant due to it allowing you more freedom of movement.

Also, BP is the hardest class to play in KO and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    As much as I like the sentiment behind this post, you're just straight up wrong. The main benefit of macro minor in servers without cooldown is the ability to have full control over your mouse while minoring perfectly. It's mostly a PK benefit, not as important in VSing. But it obviously can also help vsing. In servers with minor heal cooldown, macro straight up makes you heal more than a player that is using their hands, which makes vsing pretty pointless. Also, the RR spam is strictly better, because it does actually increase your DPS, since it minimizes the downtime between your R hits, but it might be easier to learn a rhytm for your combo if you choose to do something else. And these days the difference between a good sin and a bad sin is about the small details. It's not about knowing how to combo, it's not about knowing how to minor, it's about positioning, curing, target selection etc. KO hasn't been a game where individual mechanical skill matters for a long time. Player skill is mostly about knowledge and strategy these days, which is why macroing has become extremely blatant due to it allowing you more freedom of movement.

Also, BP is the hardest class to play in KO and it's not even close.
    I was speaking about minor without cd only, i've never really had any experience on sin using minor with cd. And I felt like I had control over my minor and soul with my fingers, because I practiced this way and made my skill bar the way I liked to play, which is why I like to put soul pot on 7, cuz I felt like I had more control over it with middlefinger, which was the finger I used to press 7. When I tried on 6 or 8 I used to run out of mana a lot. But yeah this is just a part of a sin playing style, which is very complex similar to a BP. I will say I have this doubt, if BP is harder then sin, maybe if you consider lvl 70 BP with fabric set it might be harder. Makes me remember of MaGiX (i think that was his nickname). But with krowaz and more lvls I think it became easier to play than sin but I havent played in a while. And yeah RR was the best combo for vs, i kinda felt it was more easier to hit the skills on time, but I struggled in pvp though thats why I liked to use WR. I don't know how the game has been in years but it just went straight to shit in my vision. In many aspects, but it is what happens with most games I guess. Besides GM injected items, which is still a thing I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Back in the day people were hiding their stats to hide their babashopped gear. Been too long for me to really remember what was the idea back then, but there was no way of finding out if someone had +3 uniques hidden somewhere for example. Like you could secretly have 9k HP on your warrior, but nobody would know. You would be a god, because nobody could beat you in a VS that was completely one-sided from the get-go.
    you could just drain them and calculate their hp, which players did all the time in cz or arena back then. If you drained a warrior for like 520 damage then you knew he was pimped. But generally everyone knew what sort of gear everyone else had, it was more the noobs who were in the dark. Then one day that ranking website opened and it caught lots of people out with GM-injected gear, +9s, +3s etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSinister View Post
    1vs1 have never been legit in knight online lets be honest. No top sin plays without macros and if you say you dont youre a damn liar. Also.. Back then alot of kids used tbls which doubled the health from a minor heal which i watched literally everyone use. Knight online has always been shit which is why i love looking at these kinds of topics because it was alot more innocent back then. Now the game is trash
    hardly anyone used tbl edit back then and if they did they would get found out pretty fast. There were speedhackers and potion hackers but they were nobodies who got banned the next month. the problem back then was ctrl-minor in party pk since it meant rogues could dump mana in a split second and heal to full, but it didn't have so much effect on 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoreKillah View Post
    Bro the cats been out the bag. Nobody uses his fingers unless hes the flash with unlimited endurance and finger dexterity. In that case keep your girlfriend's away. All of the top sins used macros. You can even watch 0000000 videos and see the macros in use. No point in lying in 2020 its like bodybuilder winning Mr Olympia claiming they dont use steroids. Lol
    None of the top sins back then were macroing, because it was just bad. Mana pools were so small that you couldn't just minor at a constant speed against everyone; against a sin you would minor slower to sustain the fight, against a warrior you have 20 secs to dump everything, against a BP you have burst damage in phases. Like I said the problem then wasn't macros it was ctrl-minor making things too "easy".

The first time I saw obvious macros was in firedrake because HP/mana was so high, and it really put me off the game. The biggest giveaway of macros is that they follow a pattern; the combo is always in the same sort of order, the minoring is a consistent grouping and pace.

These days I don't understand what enjoyment anyone gets from the game, since everyone macros and bots. The game is total trash.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000 View Post

None of the top sins back then were macroing, because it was just bad. Mana pools were so small that you couldn't just minor at a constant speed against everyone; against a sin you would minor slower to sustain the fight, against a warrior you have 20 secs to dump everything, against a BP you have burst damage in phases. Like I said the problem then wasn't macros it was ctrl-minor making things too "easy".

The first time I saw obvious macros was in firedrake because HP/mana was so high, and it really put me off the game. The biggest giveaway of macros is that they follow a pattern; the combo is always in the same sort of order, the minoring is a consistent grouping and pace.

These days I don't understand what enjoyment anyone gets from the game, since everyone macros and bots. The game is total trash.
    You are right to an extent where the GGs back then didn't use or didn't even have to use the macro for minoring. It was simply not needed, you just had to have the feeling for the general gameplay (which you still have to have nowadays, but for the lazy ones macro makes it easier)

However the macros as you believe that existed or still exist more comonly ... that do something on a pattern ... here you are a bit off, because let's say a razer or logitech macro mouse that has programmable buttons right? ...

You can make several options on those programable buttons, for example "while pressed" it will spam the sequence you set ... for example if minor is on 7 and minor is on 8, macro on the 1 button on that mouse will hit 7 (19 MS delay) and hit 8. When you press the button down, it will spamm 7 8 with 19 MS delay and it will burn the 3k -4k mana pool that at that time a 70 sin had ... instantly.

The thing is tho ... you don't have to hold the button down that it will simply burn your mana fully (if you do it will). You can just click the macro button on the mouse and it will just make 2 minors in a split of a second.
    Then they usually just keep clicking it slowly thus controling the mana burn in a VS. They click it a bit faster or they click it a bit slower depending of their mana pool.

But each click equal 2x MH = 120 HP recovered.

They usually don't even program the sequence of 2 keys having 2x minor heal, they usually just make 1 minor heal that will spamm with a bit faster MS delay. Holding the button down will instantly burn their mana - usefull for escaping from heavy damage when running out of a fight, combined with an HP potion .... or they simply hold it in sequences shorter ones, to control the mana burn.

... From this angle ... I think ... the things got more advanced nowadays, even with smaller mana pools it's possible to be more effective in use of such "macros".

Great to see some old names still around on this forum. Ares back in the day was amazing.

Is Devile still running this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenFTW View Post
    Great to see some old names still around on this forum. Ares back in the day was amazing.

Is Devile still running this forum?
    that dude dipped years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    that dude dipped years ago.
    I offered to buy the domain from him back when I was in love with KO. He seemed to care a lot about the players and the influence Ko4Life had in the community. Pretty much his biggest reason for not selling was that he didn't know me and didn't want to let his "passion project" fall in the wrong hands. We exchanged some PM's, never agreed to meet IRL, he seemed like a well balanced and smart guy all around. He is probably, at least, semi active behind the curtains.

Evenso I'm sure he could just sell it to a succesfull private server owner and make a quick buck if he wanted to. So he must still give a tiny fuck XD

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    I offered to buy the domain from him back when I was in love with KO. He seemed to care a lot about the players and the influence Ko4Life had in the community. Pretty much his biggest reason for not selling was that he didn't know me and didn't want to let his "passion project" fall in the wrong hands. We exchanged some PM's, never agreed to meet IRL, he seemed like a well balanced and smart guy all around. He is probably, at least, semi active behind the curtains.

Evenso I'm sure he could just sell it to a succesfull private server owner and make a quick buck if he wanted to. So he must still give a tiny fuck XD
    True, but at the same time if ko4life got sold to someone else (a p.server owner like you said) im pretty sure it would die out pretty quick. People are here because its sort of a neutral ground for everyone, p.server players, retail players, people trying to make a quick buck flippin items, etc...
    Imagine if it got sold to one of these retarded p.server owners, I for one, would never open this page again.

You know what? I won't even waste my time on you. You're the type of sins who would still PK on farm spots bc you rather 1 spike people even when there are 10000000000000 players to PK in the bowl.

Actually I've played against you on several private servers.. Once you realize your spike thrust won't kill me. you won't come near me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    You are right to an extent where the GGs back then didn't use or didn't even have to use the macro for minoring. It was simply not needed, you just had to have the feeling for the general gameplay (which you still have to have nowadays, but for the lazy ones macro makes it easier)

However the macros as you believe that existed or still exist more comonly ... that do something on a pattern ... here you are a bit off, because let's say a razer or logitech macro mouse that has programmable buttons right? ...

You can make several options on those programable buttons, for example "while pressed" it will spam the sequence you set ... for example if minor is on 7 and minor is on 8, macro on the 1 button on that mouse will hit 7 (19 MS delay) and hit 8. When you press the button down, it will spamm 7 8 with 19 MS delay and it will burn the 3k -4k mana pool that at that time a 70 sin had ... instantly.

The thing is tho ... you don't have to hold the button down that it will simply burn your mana fully (if you do it will). You can just click the macro button on the mouse and it will just make 2 minors in a split of a second.
    Then they usually just keep clicking it slowly thus controling the mana burn in a VS. They click it a bit faster or they click it a bit slower depending of their mana pool.

But each click equal 2x MH = 120 HP recovered.

They usually don't even program the sequence of 2 keys having 2x minor heal, they usually just make 1 minor heal that will spamm with a bit faster MS delay. Holding the button down will instantly burn their mana - usefull for escaping from heavy damage when running out of a fight, combined with an HP potion .... or they simply hold it in sequences shorter ones, to control the mana burn.

... From this angle ... I think ... the things got more advanced nowadays, even with smaller mana pools it's possible to be more effective in use of such "macros".

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    Then those sins should take some lessons:

That's without cooldown. It's an entirely different conversation. I haven't played sin in 20XX versions for over 5 years now, but based on my experience from when cooldown was first added and CTRL minor was removed, it was impossible to drain your mana with right clicking.

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StanDontCare View Post
    You know what? I won't even waste my time on you. You're the type of sins who would still PK on farm spots bc you rather 1 spike people even when there are 10000000000000 players to PK in the bowl.

Actually I've played against you on several private servers.. Once you realize your spike thrust won't kill me. you won't come near me anymore.
    cool story bro xD Except I play archer since 2011 xDDD and I haven't played a server in 3 years now, I rather host them :P Cheers

MadMan Senior Member SacredHealDane's Avatar

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast