Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it possible to change keyboard controls in KO?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to change keyboard controls in KO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am having trouble selecting monster with my keyboard and then attacking it because I have to do it with ...
Page: 1

Default Is it possible to change keyboard controls in KO?

I am having trouble selecting monster with my keyboard and then attacking it because I have to do it with my thumb and it's very uncomfortable and un-natural to do so. Is there any way to change controls so that my select monster button is T or Y for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilejj View Post
    I am having trouble selecting monster with my keyboard and then attacking it because I have to do it with my thumb and it's very uncomfortable and un-natural to do so. Is there any way to change controls so that my select monster button is T or Y for example?

what do you mean you have to hit it with your thumb? you're either hitting Y or Z depending on the version of ko you're playing... so buy a qwerty keyboard like the rest of the world. if you've got a qwerty keyboard and you're hitting Z with your thumb... maybe you should re-learn how to type. i suggest googling the "home keys" method and going from there.

also, afaik no there is not a way to change the controls without (and this is purely speculation) using something like joy2key and remapping the whole keyboard to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    what do you mean you have to hit it with your thumb? you're either hitting Y or Z depending on the version of ko you're playing... so buy a qwerty keyboard like the rest of the world. if you've got a qwerty keyboard and you're hitting Z with your thumb... maybe you should re-learn how to type. i suggest googling the "home keys" method and going from there.

also, afaik no there is not a way to change the controls without (and this is purely speculation) using something like joy2key and remapping the whole keyboard to your liking.
    like, you know, the monster select button is Z, which is located next to left shift button, so since my index fingers are busy pressing 1,2,3,4,5 I have to use my thumb to select a monster. I tried using key remapper but that only changed the buttons in Windows, when I enter the game it doesn't work anymore.
    Which version of the game uses Y to select monster?

you'll get used to it... I find it so natural now I don't notice..

like Reyes said
    u will get used

even sometimes when i play other games i always press Z :P

like, you know, the monster select button is Z, which is located next to left shift button, so since my index fingers are busy pressing 1,2,3,4,5 I have to use my thumb to select a monster. I tried using key remapper but that only changed the buttons in Windows, when I enter the game it doesn't work anymore.
    Which version of the game uses Y to select monster?

if/when i ever do hit Z, i use my baby finger or my middle/ring finger if im not in mid combo.. it just seems unrealistic to use your thumb, and extremely uncomfortable. generally my left hand stays on shift, a, w, and d when im playing video games. i guess either get a different keyboard, or learn either better or different keyboard technique.

Put some real life stat points on dexterity. Try using your little finger.

if/when i ever do hit Z, i use my baby finger or my middle/ring finger if im not in mid combo.. it just seems unrealistic to use your thumb, and extremely uncomfortable. generally my left hand stays on shift, a, w, and d when im playing video games. i guess either get a different keyboard, or learn either better or different keyboard technique.
    different keyboard? what do you mean? is there any other type of keyboard besides QWERTY?

DLS
    BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

you ll get used to it . KO being my first rpg/mmorpg ever i cant get used to anything else tbh . Other mmos i tryed , eaven TAB for seleceting was pain in the ass

Try turning the keyboard at a slight angle so that the corner fits in your palm, that's what I do as my hands too big otherwise lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheNephilim View Post
    Try turning the keyboard at a slight angle so that the corner fits in your palm, that's what I do as my hands too big otherwise lol
    thats a good idea. I could also try using my mouse with left hand keyboard with right... I am right handed.

I use my thumb for z aswell. Never found it uncomfortable to be honest.

different keyboard? what do you mean? is there any other type of keyboard besides QWERTY?
    Dvorak Simplified Keyboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there's a link to dvorak layout, and im not sure if there are more. iirc i remember reading about one starting with V where Q is. I'm not sure if its a regional/cultural thing or what, but they do seem to be out there. hypothetically you could take apart and replace/reprogram an older keyboard to have whatever buttons you want where you want them, but that seems like WAY too much work for the sake of a 10 year old game.

Dvorak Simplified Keyboard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there's a link to dvorak layout, and im not sure if there are more. iirc i remember reading about one starting with V where Q is. I'm not sure if its a regional/cultural thing or what, but they do seem to be out there. hypothetically you could take apart and replace/reprogram an older keyboard to have whatever buttons you want where you want them, but that seems like WAY too much work for the sake of a 10 year old game.
    could they perhaps make an option it so it's possible to change keys in game? like every other normal game has...

Banned Senior Member

U can get a programmable keyboard and set a letter as a"Z"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast