Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Your top 4 duo pk partners

This is a discussion on Your top 4 duo pk partners within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i bet this topic wud be closed soon by one of those old school mods cuz in the end they ...
Page: 12

i bet this topic wud be closed soon by one of those old school mods cuz in the end they wont have any more arguments to come up with.

correct me if im wrong but its been said a lot of times on this topic. it requires more skill nowdays than back in ke. why? because first, people now know how to combo thx to the guides and videos that the oldschool ppl made so you gotta be happy for that but that doesnt mean people cant be better than yall. 2nd, its easier to get gear therefore it is more competitive. 3rd more people play this game than a few years ago and theres more gangbang in cz. surviving among 2172891 opponents is a skill believe it or not.

im out.

Banned

yeah. you didn't have the opportunity to invent it. sucks to be you man. and as far as i know, yes. it does mean you are leech if you copy what someone else has already invented/discovered?

great, you can be good in your own respect, but why the hell do you insist on comparing yourself to the older players saying you are better than they were before? (if you bring up the fact that some people are flaming the new school for being noob, it's not me. read my previous post.)
    i have played krko. have you? are you even korean? i'm assuming you are not so how exactly do you know what the hell the korean community thinks? and if you are korean, 너 는 한글 도 못 일그고 한국말 도 못 헤 지?
    yet no one knows who you are. thus not "known"[/b]

Cough, personally i never thought any of the old schoolers were good lol... i was 70 at the time and would just shake my head at the amount of noobs they would own.

So na im not comparing myself to the old players , id never do that lol.

Im not known on these forums bcuz i never posted, never cared enough bout usko and all the egomaniac topics i saw... they didnt seem important to me.

ps: ive talked to krko players....

ps: ppl who have improved inventions have never considered leeches....
    um wasnt solstice the first to think up the combo, back in myko none of these usko players your talking about now.... OOOO so i guess there the leeches.

Silence maybe we wont be as famous as the first, but then again can u name who the first person to ever combo was? cuz it wasnt 0000000, it wasnt RingWraith, it wasnt Eric, it wasnt any of these AHM guys... i might be the only person in this topic who could in fact name the guy who first learned to combo.
    we wont neccessarily be famous like Eric or Zero but without watching us play or anything and just say we are noob because we didnt do our thing back when they did is stupid[/b]

There vids were exciting, Rofd vids cant be as exciting just bcuz every1 is harder to kill... we cant spike and expect a redball...

get on msn

Silence maybe we wont be as famous as the first, but then again can u name who the first person to ever combo was? cuz it wasnt 0000000, it wasnt RingWraith, it wasnt Eric, it wasnt any of these AHM guys... i might be the only person in this topic who could in fact name the guy who first learned to combo.
    we wont neccessarily be famous like Eric or Zero but without watching us play or anything and just say we are noob because we didnt do our thing back when they did is stupid[/b]
    i can guarantee you that you cannot say without a doubt who the first person who learned to combo was. for all you and i know, it could have been some turk who mashed a few buttons and found it. what you know is the first out of the people you know who learned how to combo. i never once credited zero or rw or eric or ahm with inventing combo. they simply spread it, produced the first videos, and showed everyone else what they can do. for all we know, ben franklin was not the first to "discover" electricity (i truly doubt he was). but he was the first to organize it and present it. this is much in the same respect that some of the older players have shown others (whether through 1v1, pk, or videos) their techniques.

again, i never once stated that the new school are "noob." i'm a newschool player as well. but, i really have no desire to compare myself to any of the older players such as pam, morbie, or leah. i respect them all, and even if i do watch their videos or see their style and am reasonably convinced that i could do better, who the fuck am i to say i'm the best? i, for one, looked at their screenshots, drew inspiration, and all-in-all learned how to play from watching them. sure, i can take what information has already been given to me and tune it for optimal use, but does that make the creation my own?

learn some humility. this is a community for a reason. if you insist that you invented your own combo and learned the best stat point distribution/item set on your own without ever even taking into consideration what the older players have done, you are seriously one egotistical motherfucker.

Banned

i can guarantee you that you cannot say without a doubt who the first person who learned to combo was. for all you and i know, it could have been some turk who mashed a few buttons and found it. what you know is the first out of the people you know who learned how to combo. i never once credited zero or rw or eric or ahm with inventing combo. they simply spread it, produced the first videos, and showed everyone else what they can do. for all we know, ben franklin was not the first to "discover" electricity (i truly doubt he was). but he was the first to organize it and present it. this is much in the same respect that some of the older players have shown others (whether through 1v1, pk, or videos) their techniques.

again, i never once stated that the new school are "noob." i'm a newschool player as well. but, i really have no desire to compare myself to any of the older players such as pam, morbie, or leah. i respect them all, and even if i do watch their videos or see their style and am reasonably convinced that i could do better, who the fuck am i to say i'm the best? i, for one, looked at their screenshots, drew inspiration, and all-in-all learned how to play from watching them. sure, i can take what information has already been given to me and tune it for optimal use, but does that make the creation my own?

learn some humility. this is a community for a reason. if you insist that you invented your own combo and learned the best stat point distribution/item set on your own without ever even taking into consideration what the older players have done, you are seriously one egotistical motherfucker.[/b]

Your acting like we all came out and said,

every old school player is a noob... maybe u should read back to page 3 where this all started...

it started when 000000 said pking in rofd required no skill...... ur on some whole other shit

this argument is about if it takes skill to pk in rofd...

im not cocky im confident

susGe

lol this thread is to damn funny. KO isnt a hard game to be good at. It doesnt require some insane amount of skill. All you have to do is be competent. A group of competent players will roll a group of dumbass fucking turks any day of the week. From what i have seen the few times i have pkd recently the players are no better now then they were when i quit. (a year ago i think probably longer) Oh well ill let the discussion continue while i get a giggle out of some of the current players.

St0neColdKill3r

1.Undy(Jeff)-best rogue i've played with or seen and regardless of what anyone wants to say a fukin awesome guy.
    2.VladDarc0-100% knows how to play within a party or just duo with my priest. great combo/potting and every hours comedy hour with this gay.
    3.1ceColdKill3r-amazing minor combo and support rogue
    4.TheHolyGrail(Brad)-was too short a period that we got to bust together on this char Brad but you remember the times 2v20+^^
    5.Any Alcohol 40 proof or more

As far as the old and new discussion its impossible for either side to win that convo so pointless to argue about it. I've played this game way too long and can honestly say it takes similar skill from KE til now. Items are easier to get now but if your still on top of your game not hard to stay ahead in that curve, but the discussion about levels is a bit off. Reality is there was a time that macro was EVERYWHERE and every damn one hit 70 in no time with no bans going on, so 80 isn't the new 70 imo cause macro is essentially dead for anything 61+ since no 5 shot, mana save etc. Can't criticize the older players cause they we're dedicated enough in w/e way to have higher levels and items then some. Its apparent that anyone who says they wouldn't be able to still dominate is retarded. Solo they might not be able to anymore but put a couple ppl that play this game correctly together and they could easily still be unstoppable. Very easy to outsmart 90% the tards that populate most servers. At the same time I do still play and i know there are some damn amazing players left that i play with daily aswell as ex clannies spreadout throughout the servers. I can't blame the ppl for quitting this game for whatever their reasons we're but at the same time no dupes,macro(basically), arrow shower in cz, quest bugging(yee yee isiloon,felankor) makes this game still pretty fun for me. Just sucks that some take it way too seriously and have to live and die by their KO REP.

Kinda sad just how many people seem to need my approval that the game is still good or something. Nothing changes, you still cling to me like bees to honey. You cannot judge KO/KE by movies, accept that. If you were never 70 back then, then you have no basis for comparison and you should not be in this discussion. I however do have basis for comparison and I took my money elsewhere, as did the vast majority of KE players. All i read is "everyone is 65 and you 2 hit them in movies". Yeah, i could 2 hit paper mages like im sure a level 80 sin can 2 hit a level 70 paper mage now, theres no difference. Movies don't present an accurate picture of real pvp because you never know when you will get a good fight. We never recorded any of the hundreds of battles with the other top clans but you can bet they were more impressive than 2 hitting mages. But now cheating and duping is so out of control that if you are just a normal guy farming bosses with +0 uniques you will never get to the top. Back when i played, sins like Kibal, Bobert, latyz etc were successful despite their gear being average and even my gear was inferior to most of EK, Almalibre and TOWN. In RoFD you can't take a good sin, give him an average char and expect him to be any good because you need +2 uniques (ie dupes), a couple of full healers behind you and of course level 80. The game is a mass zerg now, the gear gap has increased contrary to popular opinion and therefore the pvp suffers.

And for the record, i didnt invent the combo, stop saying bullshit. Not even bobert invented it, or anyone on MYKO, it was some asian a long time ago, and who cares anyway.

I still remember you breaking out the Saxo MYKO movie to impress me noobybooby, you lost any credibility with that. I'm all for watching good sins but I just am more impressed with guys like chusco and bobert who kept the art of solo pk alive.

Banned

Kinda sad just how many people seem to need my approval that the game is still good or something. Nothing changes, you still cling to me like bees to honey. You cannot judge KO/KE by movies, accept that. If you were never 70 back then, then you have no basis for comparison and you should not be in this discussion. I however do have basis for comparison and I took my money elsewhere, as did the vast majority of KE players. All i read is "everyone is 65 and you 2 hit them in movies". Yeah, i could 2 hit paper mages like im sure a level 80 sin can 2 hit a level 70 paper mage now, theres no difference. Movies don't present an accurate picture of real pvp because you never know when you will get a good fight. We never recorded any of the hundreds of battles with the other top clans but you can bet they were more impressive than 2 hitting mages. But now cheating and duping is so out of control that if you are just a normal guy farming bosses with +0 uniques you will never get to the top. Back when i played, sins like Kibal, Bobert, latyz etc were successful despite their gear being average. In RoFD you can't take a good sin, give him an average char and expect him to be any good because you need +2 uniques (ie dupes), a couple of full healers behind you and of course level 80. The game is a mass zerg now, the gear gap has increased contrary to popular opinion and therefore the pvp suffers.

And for the record, i didnt invent the combo, stop saying bullshit. Not even bobert invented it, or anyone on MYKO, it was some asian a long time ago, and who cares anyway.

I still remember you breaking out the Saxo MYKO movie to impress me noobybooby, you lost any credibility with that. I'm all for watching good sins but I just am more impressed with guys like chusco and bobert who kept the art of solo pk alive.[/b]

not bout myko not bout saxo....

your basically saying what u did before, its over u lost.... i dotn even need to read your post... it has something to do with KE ares history, somethign to do with u considering MYKO noob... ur basically just trying to shift the convo so u can stop gettin embarressed....

just stop posting its over... even felix had better arguments then u

reminds me of the time u kept persecuting babashoppers then nychris brought out the reciepts of u buying items... all of a sudden your arguments suddenly changed... Just stop posting plz.... U seem to be killing your "legendary " status with every post.

Bradshouse

Yeah I remember those days man, shit was raw for real. 20+70 peeps gettin owned by a sin lvl 74 and a priest lvl 72... Wish my pc would have been able to handle fraps at the time but either way i dont need a video to rememeber.

As far as lvls go I was 68 on ares before the lvl cap rise and I dont think people were better then, then what they are now. Or vise versa... Back then most people in cz didnt have +8 dd, cs+8, DS+8, IN +1, rols and rocs +2, IB or GB +1, or even shell +8 as i recall it. Most people were happy with skill/lvl, over gear. Now its all about who has dagger defense+8, or +9, talia for spear and pear boots. As people run away putting on a SS in cs i am reminded of just how pathetic it has come to in this game that people as a whole population cant except getting beatin by someone as to say maybe im not the best....
    Its not about being the best and whoever is the best gg baba.

Fact is if the old peeps and the new peeps had the same items it would prolly be a scrolled matchup from hell. However I dont remember ever having an rol+3 on ares before the lvl cap increase, or seeing a +10 cleaver/+9 shard... +9 md I saw a few of them but not many.

Pretty much what im getting at is if you have shell+8/+9, IN +2, IB +2, rocs or rols+3, eme+3, or pe +3, you should never die in a 1 vs 1. I used to run with the best priest on pathos, he was unstoppable it was great. he didnt need all the items in the world just skills and good team. 250k np in a month is insane... Anyway i kinda lost track and need to go to work i'll finish later or wait for replys i think you all get the point of this convo anyway...

i lost? i lost what exactly? :lol:

My point is that making assumptions about lvl 70 KE pvp based on movies is retarded. It is painfully obvious to me that nearly all the criticisms of that period are based on various movies and not on primary evidence. You ever wonder why the newer movies can never trump the old ones? They are just boring to watch and show little, thats just how it is. No amount of shouting at me will change that.

Banned

i lost? i lost what exactly? :lol:

My point is that making assumptions about lvl 70 KE pvp based on movies is retarded. It is painfully obvious to me that nearly all the criticisms of that period are based on various movies and not on primary evidence. You ever wonder why the newer movies can never trump the old ones? They are just boring to watch and show little, thats just how it is. No amount of shouting at me will change that.[/b]

I already kno y the older ones cant ever top the old ones, old ones were fast paced bcuz every1 had low hp... fights didnt last half as long... Thats the only reason, all u did was run around spike thrust peirce... might get in a bb if the person had more then 3k hp and knew how to minor...

ps: its funny how cocky u are even though u cant back up half the shit u say.
    maybe cuz u dotn play anymore?lol

and about saxo lol, he was a impressive sin... until i actualyl watched his movie and say that every1 he beat were scrubs when it came to 1 v 1... then when the ppl who were actually worth somethign brought him to arena owned him 10-1... of course he had multiple excuses... first impressions are always funny.

+1 to zero
    now u cant walk without see alot of ppl selling rof+1, sets+9, uniques+2, +3.
    and guess what, all those nicks are turks.

morax

I wasted 20 minutes of my life and read the whole of this topic.

Its so hard to compare new and old, its like saying the modern manchester united are not as good as the old one. Things change, and the game moves on - im sure some parties that are playing KO at the moment are as skilled as those who played in the past.

I think where the confusion comes from is that old skool players can log in there level 72 characters after a year of not playing and still compete to a high standard in colony zone... the reason for this is KO is full of idiot players and anyone with half a brain and a bit of teamwork will slaughter a party that has no co-ordination regardless of levels / items. Once a good player always a good player - levels and items can only do so much.

Try looking for AHM vs Tormentors Video - thats shows some of the best 8v8 fighting.

I already kno y the older ones cant ever top the old ones, old ones were fast paced bcuz every1 had low hp... fights didnt last half as long...[/b]
    We made a movie with Int priests that was possibly some of the slowest battles ever, it was still entertaining though - its the fact the new school players have no creativity - thats why new movies are boring

Banned

I wasted 20 minutes of my life and read the whole of this topic.

Its so hard to compare new and old, its like saying the modern manchester united are not as good as the old one. Things change, and the game moves on - im sure some parties that are playing KO at the moment are as skilled as those who played in the past.

I think where the confusion comes from is that old skool players can log in there level 72 characters after a year of not playing and still compete to a high standard in colony zone... the reason for this is KO is full of idiot players and anyone with half a brain and a bit of teamwork will slaughter a party that has no co-ordination regardless of levels / items. Once a good player always a good player - levels and items can only do so much.

Try looking for AHM vs Tormentors Video - thats shows some of the best 8v8 fighting.
    We made a movie with Int priests that was possibly some of the slowest battles ever, it was still entertaining though - its the fact the new school players have no creativity - thats why new movies are boring [/b]
    maybe u right bout the movies, bout i dont think this topic is but movies

Such hostility on a forum, just because of the version of KO you played.

First off i'd like to start by saying, that it isn't a fair arguement to compare KE to ROFD, because of the difference in lvl's, items, and whatever else you want to compare. Look at hockey for example, you go from maurice rocket richard, to gordie howe, to bobby orr, to wayne gretzy, to sidney crosby. There all talented players in there own respect, but played in different generations of hockey where the gameplay was a bit different in each. Which brings me back to the point, how can you "oldschool" players say that you would come roll over the competition because you owned the game back in KE, and how can you "newschool" players tell them they weren't good because they "2 hitted" or had better items then others. This is a totally pointless argument, because it will never end.

Secondly, whats up with you people knocking on 0000000, any sin that played USKO after ARES most likely learned how to play sin by watching his movies. I for one am one of those players, i basically switched to SIN because of that movie. Anyways, all i need to say is, show respect where its due, stop talking crap about which generation of player is better, every player with skill is good in his own right.

To sum it up, don't compare the two, because frankly you can't, i can name off a handful of players that can easily go back to KE this instance and fight against Hatred, AHM, whoever you want to throw at them, and same goes to the oldschool players being brought to ROFD to fight against the top clans in KO currently. It comes down to how fast you develop knowledge of the game, and how it is to be played, what players you enjoy playing which, which in turn you develop teamwork with. And most of those players, are individually skilled in there own right.