Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Your top 4 duo pk partners

This is a discussion on Your top 4 duo pk partners within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Such hostility on a forum, just because of the version of KO you played. First off i'd like to start ...
Page: 13

Banned

Such hostility on a forum, just because of the version of KO you played.

First off i'd like to start by saying, that it isn't a fair arguement to compare KE to ROFD, because of the difference in lvl's, items, and whatever else you want to compare. Look at hockey for example, you go from maurice rocket richard, to gordie howe, to bobby orr, to wayne gretzy, to sidney crosby. There all talented players in there own respect, but played in different generations of hockey where the gameplay was a bit different in each. Which brings me back to the point, how can you "oldschool" players say that you would come roll over the competition because you owned the game back in KE, and how can you "newschool" players tell them they weren't good because they "2 hitted" or had better items then others. This is a totally pointless argument, because it will never end.

Secondly, whats up with you people knocking on 0000000, any sin that played USKO after ARES most likely learned how to play sin by watching his movies. I for one am one of those players, i basically switched to SIN because of that movie. Anyways, all i need to say is, show respect where its due, stop talking crap about which generation of player is better, every player with skill is good in his own right.

To sum it up, don't compare the two, because frankly you can't, i can name off a handful of players that can easily go back to KE this instance and fight against Hatred, AHM, whoever you want to throw at them, and same goes to the oldschool players being brought to ROFD to fight against the top clans in KO currently. It comes down to how fast you develop knowledge of the game, and how it is to be played, what players you enjoy playing which, which in turn you develop teamwork with. And most of those players, are individually skilled in there own right.[/b]

This argument was never over which players were better, it was about wether it takes skill to pk in rofd...

Hatred and 000000 got into dragged into due to there alzheimer diesease recounting old memories as if they have anything to do with now.

If we had Alzheimers we'd find it hard to recall past events

frayed kn0t

This is from beramus Not just duo's i was in, but memorable ones.

Foxygirl and gui (GoIIum, Sweethoneybunny) - These two pked on a number of characters together and always dominated, watch Sm1gol productions if you want some proof.

TOSUN and any of his int priests - Nicely geared weiwurs, but also played together well and could easily take on full parties.

Holmzi on BP and frayedkn0t - Didn't pk together much but it was memorable.

fer_fer and frayedkn0t - Not the traditional duo with a warrior and an archer, but we worked together very well and often pked unbuffed, taking on full buffed parties of lvl 80s. Our skills complimented each other, revolutionizing the use of the warrior skill, descent, to stay alive and pick off party members one by one. Unfortunately, we both quit before pking together at 80, but I know we made an impact on beramus. Good times

Btw, the fact that most of this thread has been dedicated to flaming and discussing 000000 just proves that he really did play a big role in this game. If you really think he was skill-less, stop posting about him.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

You guys are so silly fighting over memories

I'll chime in at the 10 page mark.

Direclty on topic -
    Duo partners :
    0000000 - Kills everyone and keeps me alive? A priest and a rogue <3. (Playing F9)
    Raine - 2v8? No problem. (Playing F9)
    Matt - Great warrior, gave me my chance to shine as a priest on pam. (Playing pam)
    Rohkan - Coolest kid ever, his debuffer to raines full heal. (Playing F9)

Really the only reason I can pick these people out of the bunch is because even if we were on vent no one needed to tell the other person what to do, they knew how to play the game better than anyone else.

The movies of today will probably never be interesting enough because it&#39;s been done already, but mostly because fighting in CZ is no longer enjoyable to look at because it is DEAD. Most people will never get good enough footage because regardless of their new found insane gear and level they will get their asses handed to them by the turks/greeks/whoever because for the most part you are not good enough to beat someone with better gear than you have. In the well known videos you can see us destroying people who had much better gear than us or multiple opponents because we were able to overcome the difference in gear and use proper movement and flow of fighting multiple people. It is a testament to the level of skill displayed in these videos (zero, mine, AHM, and more) that for most of them they have fuck all video effects or all the bells and whistles of editing. The content of these videos is what made them well-known.

KO as a whole changed immensely with the release of ROFD. Leveling, gear, everything became alot easier to acquire, and as a result it also began to inflate the egos of players and give them a false sense of skill. With the level cap increased and compounding +2/+3 becoming the norm, the health and survivability of players increased exponentially. This increased survivability lead to more room for error and overall changed PK as a whole making it easier. However that is just a small part of the reason PK changed. Of all the skilled players I played with on KO I can safely say 95% of them have quit by now leaving a hole that from what I have seen has not been filled. Mostly this is due to lack of customer service, rampant duping, corrupt staff, and the fact that the game was DYING due to it and PKing became a quest to find someone which will inevitably run away or /town.

Solo PK has virtually died out, and the few people around CZ are always running around in a group like sheep. People are using the insane gear they have now as a crutch and aren&#39;t advancing their actual playing ability, meaning that people with even decent skill would be able to beat you, however you will go on being ignorant of your ability because you didn&#39;t get horribly destroyed due to your items holding your hand the entire way. You&#39;re going to have to face the fact that your measuring sticks for skill level have long since left the game, and you have no one left to test how good you are, but yet you go back and claim to be better than legends of the game so you can fill the empty feeling you have when you question whether you are skilled or not.

zero eric raine and dissection =p

I started playing the game when pfil, f9 and gambit were sitting at eslant harpies, and by that time no one could get close to bobert&#39;s skill and the best movies came from 411. Years later I joined hatred and started to enjoy the pvp more then I used to, not just because I was on the winning side, but because the players were cool =p

The game is dead now, deal with it.

Wonder what + my uniques could be if i kept all those drops i gave to hatred players :0
    Maybe i could have hit 2x WE+3 and rocs+3.. But a geared clan > 1 geared player. That was ze code of Hatred :P RoaR

Me+Raine+Kayah > CZ dont need more to kill anything.

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

I saw my vid got mentioned here.

Ide like to say that i do think there is still alot of skill required to play this game. I can come up with a whole list of reasons.

Nowadays, everyone can combo... so its not just a matter of who can or cannot combo, its a matter of who has the best one.

Everyone has great items now.. Its not like the old days when there were only a hand full of shells on dies.. where someone with a glowy weapon could kill pretty much anyone.

Also, back in the day, people couldnt combo.. so a priest could just stand their and tank all day long.

Ive played this game pretty much since the start of dies.. which is a hell of a long time. I agree that all the old players who dont play anymore are prolly more skilled then the new guys.. simply ebcause they have more knowledge of the game, but i think its wrong to say that they are better then EVERYONE who still plays KO. Sure all the old players have skill, but doesnt mean the new players dont.

I dont see why ppl think there isnt skill anymore.. higher AP&#39;s are matched by higher defences, great combo&#39;s are matched with a skilled priest.

Also, being good at 1v1&#39;s, being good at pking solo, and being good at pking in a party are completely different things. So different that u cant put them in the same class. I wasnt great at 1v1&#39;s on my warrior on logos, but i racked up many kills in cz, and also when i pked solo. I wasnt bad at 1v1&#39;s but i knew my party pk definatly outskilled my 1v1&#39;s. All these 3 things require different types of skill.. cos when u pk in a party u dont just think about urself.

Thats my opinion anyway..

Banned

I saw my vid got mentioned here.

Ide like to say that i do think there is still alot of skill required to play this game. I can come up with a whole list of reasons.

Nowadays, everyone can combo... so its not just a matter of who can or cannot combo, its a matter of who has the best one.

Everyone has great items now.. Its not like the old days when there were only a hand full of shells on dies.. where someone with a glowy weapon could kill pretty much anyone.

Also, back in the day, people couldnt combo.. so a priest could just stand their and tank all day long.

Ive played this game pretty much since the start of dies.. which is a hell of a long time. I agree that all the old players who dont play anymore are prolly more skilled then the new guys.. simply ebcause they have more knowledge of the game, but i think its wrong to say that they are better then EVERYONE who still plays KO. Sure all the old players have skill, but doesnt mean the new players dont.

I dont see why ppl think there isnt skill anymore.. higher AP&#39;s are matched by higher defences, great combo&#39;s are matched with a skilled priest.

Also, being good at 1v1&#39;s, being good at pking solo, and being good at pking in a party are completely different things. So different that u cant put them in the same class. I wasnt great at 1v1&#39;s on my warrior on logos, but i racked up many kills in cz, and also when i pked solo. I wasnt bad at 1v1&#39;s but i knew my party pk definatly outskilled my 1v1&#39;s. All these 3 things require different types of skill.. cos when u pk in a party u dont just think about urself.

Thats my opinion anyway..[/b]
    I aint gonna write a long ass response , theres my response right there...

some old players are skilled ( i say some bcuz im met some who are pathetic).... but to say rofd requires no skill... well its kinda easy to say that when your not playing... If they played i could simply point out a day where they got slapped around easily... and i bet i would be able to.

Guachimagaa

i cant tell you if it requires much or less skill, neither can you..

most old school players have quit the game few years ago, what if they kept playing for that period?, old players would still be on top, u cant compare urself to them as in matter of skill, its just different, you can make the same stuff that we did back then, it just doesnt take the same than it took us. now its easier. keyword here its easier.

i dont know, but if u wanna compare lets do it.

as in lvling

back then, u had to exp by ur own, almost everybody had his own account, no ppl lvling ur account for money, or 5 ppl power lvling the same account, back then, there werent any kind of quests giving u exp from 60 to 70, lol the only quests that i can remember were the 7 keys one, and the lvl 30 quest that gave u 1 full lvl, new quests r just dumb, i know new players have the need to catch up with old players, so that, they can have a chance against them, but god, if u r new player just go to a new server, giving away free exp, is like making all the time we spent lvling worth nothing. also, lvling now aint fun, now its just plain boredom and dreariness, i had fun on cz 3 spot troll parties, and raven parties. fighting over a spot for hours, that was fun.

as in farming

the only way u had to get money back then, was either farming dms, or if u had a good clan, hunting bosses, lol, bosses were hard, u couldnt just call a friend and solo a talos, u required a party to do it, boss checks were fun, and dms at cz were like the most fun thing that the game had, getting orcs exped at dms was priceless, items were hard to get, and i mean, really hard to get, now u can just go and leech at a bifrost party, and get a fragment which can give u an unique item, unique items to pk now r a must, back then u could do just fine with hp accesories, bcoz back then, game was based in fun and skill, right now it is based more like in lvl and items, and ppl fail when they think that u require some sort of skill to get items or lvl right now. plus, if u r just lazy, u can just get to buy them with usd.

as in pk

ppl have alrdy discussed this a lot, but then again, back then it was fun, ppl could solo with no problems, u had to use ur head to pk, u needed strategy, u needed organization and cooperation and things like that when u were in a party, not just join a big mass of humans and hope to get the last hit from an orc. not taking away ur credit, or saying that u dont have any skill, i just think that the difficulty lvl that the game offered u back then, had decreassed as time went by. it was more fun playing in a party of 8 tormentors, against 8 ahm, thoose were good times, now pk is just plain dumb ._.

as in general aspects

back then, the game didnt have any bugs, or if it had, it had just few, ppl didnt get hacked, and there were less turks aswell , not saying turks r bad ppl, just that it was nice to play in an english speaking server. gms were active, lunar wars were fun, invasions, events, csw, everything was just fine. game offered much of a challenge, and u could feel proud of your achievements, now its just easyer.

then again, this is just my point of view, im not trying to convince anybody about anything, ive had the chance to play in both times, and if i had to choose, i would stick to the old ko, it was just all fun.

I agree, older KO was more fun.

And i agree with alot of what ur saying. Ofcs if old school players carried on playing they may well be better then alot of players today, but, like me, there are ppl here who have played since those old school players, who have had just as much, and even more experience, have played in every single type of KO there was.

Can they say with 100% certainty they are better then us? Im not saying they ARNT cos they might well be, but im saying its not right to say that we are better then u cos we played before u did..

to what gauchi said (btw hii long time no c dno if u remember me from dies? xD) its true that old KO was harder, but then again, back in old ko, there wernt any level 70&#39;s for a LONG time.. and also, there were lots of bugs back them, and lots of lags and DC :P but thats besides the point.

Its not a matter of how the game has become easier, its how it has changed. level 60 doesnt mean anything any more.. level 70 is basically the new level 60 and level 80 the new level 70. I doubt that u can say that leveling to level 80 is easy.. im pretty sure even with new mobs its harder to level from 70->80 then from 60->70 in old KO

Guachimagaa

if they had kept playing, they would probably be better, but still, cant be sure about that. besides, thats not the point. the reason they say they&#39;re better its coz it took more effort to be recognized back then, and to achieve the stuffs that they achieved at the time, coz there was a biggest challenge, u cant compare killing isiloon at that time, with killing isiloon at this time, u may say, its the same thing, ya it is, but u tell me when was more difficult?

its like playing an arcade game, lets say, u r playing on the hardest lvl, and im on the easy lvl, yah, we bot finished the game and everything, did the same stuff, but who did better?

or like the einstein n the physics teacher example, both can know the same stuff, and the physics teacher might even know more than einstein, but difference is that someone taught the teacher, and someone told him the formulas alrdy made, u see, there is always someone behind him, while einstein is just a genius, there wasnt someone behind him, telling him that E=mc2. Thats the credit, that old players get, so yah, we can say old players r better coz they played b4 the other ppl did.

ppl r just comparing their current skills, with the skills old players had when the game was more difficult. trust me, if old players had played the easy game, the thing that ppl call skills right now, would just be the basics for playing. and game wouldnt have ever been so fun, thats why the game got boring, u simply cant improve anymore, the only thing that is left is get more and more items, or lvl up, u dont need skill to do that rite now.

yah, i remember u ,

i know lvling to 80 aint easy, it just doesnt require skill, it does require patience, hard work, commitment, 5 ppl playing ur account, koxp, or usd, but not skill

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

Basically just write down your top 4 duo pk partners and maybe a small reason

my top 4=
    GalactusXII= lvl 80 need i say more?(wont tell me his gear :/)
    imacc= sick combo , all around sick warrior
    Ouranos= hb +9 ,+9 shell need i say more?
    DK13= fun as hell to pk with

any1 else wanna post?

ps: dont post some dumb shit like ... stop making topics like these.[/b]
    fag im not on ur list ur so gay, log ronark server

It doesnt require any skill to exp anyway..

Exping back in old KO took no more skill then it does today.

And ur missing the point aswell..

Ofcs killing isiloon back in the day was much harder then it is now.. But then u gotta think, back then isiloon was the top dog. Now we have ultima, now we have felankor. All of these are the strongest now. They have been implemented to keep up with the high levels and better items..

I actually think its much harder to be recognised now as a good player then it was back then. Now it is so much more competative in CZ, always people with better items or higher level.. Back in the day, most ppl who pk&#39;d were all the same level.

Im not saying its more fun 2 play the game now, because its not. What im saying is, is that the game has changed from when all u old guns played.. its basically a new game, so new that u cant really compare old KO with ROFD.. And ive played both so i know, its really different.

Thats just my point of view

Guachimagaa

its harder to be recognized coz everybody its the same, a good player now, is the one who have all the top uniques +2 or +3, im sure there are some exellent players who dont need thoose items to win against the other ppl, but they dont get any credit, bcoz they dont kill as much ppl as the ppl with items do, now its item/lvl based pk, it was "easier" to be recognized back then bcoz, everybody was at the same lvl yah, and no1 had +1 or +2 items, it was skill based pk, if u were good, ppl knew it, and if u didnt have skills, u couldnt nolife til u reached 80 and then feel stronger than the rest. a good pker now, with average gear, will do just as good, as a monkey with uniques +3 and shells +9. ppl have skill, but skills aint a prority right now.