10060 Error Still

This is a discussion on 10060 Error Still within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; My bf has been having the 10060 error for a few weeks now,it's getting rather frustrating.Ipconfig /flushdns or renew doesn't ...
Page: 1

BallandChain

My bf has been having the 10060 error for a few weeks now,it's getting rather frustrating.Ipconfig /flushdns or renew doesn't work,repairing his internet connection doesnt work,rebooting the pc doesn't work,re-installing the game didn't work and the tcp optimizer doesnt work....does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This happens on the ares servers,whenever he clicks on a server,it will give him the 10060 error.Very seldom is he able to login.Thanks in advance for any help.

creapndeath

I have been dealing with the same problem. No one has offered any type of solution to this problem. Either not many of us are dealing with this or same as ussual K2 doesnt care. I have tried many different ways to try to fix this but nothing works. If anyone knows of a solution please post here so I can get into the game that i have been playing since 11/2002. Would hate to quit this game after so much time has been put into it.

Fubuki

Does the 10060 error show the "loggin server failed" message? :huh:

BallandChain

Yes it does Fubuki.Like I was saying,it&#39;s funny because he can log into any server but ares the one he has been playing for 2yrs now.It&#39;s getting rather frustrating that k2 is not helping at all,keep getting the nice automated reply,"We are aware of the issue and are working on it" blah blah blah.Time to work a lil bit harder I think <_<

BallandChain

Ok,still having this problem.....Anybody have any ideas on what to do?

mammlea

-dont spam connect the servers if ur non prem, they block u and give u 10060 error after X tries
    -turn off ur dsl/cable modem for at least 1 hour so u get a new IP
    -get another bf?

real life thing >>>>>>>>>>>>> cyber ^^
    ..but if you prefer that... :P ill help you.. cant watch ppl suffer

(j/k)

Problem is most likely in firewall.
    try this:
    step 1.)

click on START, go Run... type cmd , hit enter, and new window (command prompt window) opens
    in command prompt window type

telnet login.knightonlineworld.com 15100
    (if command prompt window gets all black (letters disappear ) thats good.. if you get connection failed go to step 2)

type this also in a command prompt window :

telnet 207.38.30.151 15001
    (if command prompt window gets all black (letters disappear ) thats good.. if you get connection failed go to step 2)

If you got your command prompt all empty and black both times hat means that you can connect to servers and that problem is in KO files.Reinstall game, and patch it.If problem remains its something really f*** up with that PC or problem is in firewall( windows firewall or other blocked only KO (read step 2.))

Step 2.)
    If you did not get "black" windows both times that means that that PC can&#39;t connect to servers on that port (number you typed in cmd, 15100 and 15001) Then problem is in your internet provider or in firewall that is on that PC. Windows XP and Vista (probably don&#39;t know for sure..don&#39;t wanna install that crap) have a firewall turned on by default. Some antivirus programs also have firewalls. You can easily find on google how to open a port in firewall, or disable it.Ports that KO uses are 80, 2424, 15100,15001

Hope this helped..