1st Time Building a PC

This is a discussion on 1st Time Building a PC within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well its gonna be my 1st time building a gaming pc. I have seen my friends build them and I ...
Page: 1

Well its gonna be my 1st time building a gaming pc. I have seen my friends build them and I had kinda helped so I know how it goes.
    I have also watch many youtube videos and read up on many tutorials. :lol:

How do you think this would do with some of the games nowadays like crysis,farcry2,cod5,etc....? I would like to have other things to play besides KOL

Intel Core 2 Duo e8500 3.16ghz
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Super Clocked Edition (55nm)
    G.Skill 4GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) 2x 2gb Ram
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250gb 7200rpm SATA 3.0
    Samsung 22x DVD+-R Burner (plan to upgrade and get a blu-ray drive also since I have lots of blu-ray dvd's)
    Rosewill Stallion Series 600W
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Sound Card
    Antec 300 Mid Tower
    Windows Vista Home Basic <_<

I do not plan to do any overclocking until I do more research on it and learn about that more later.
    You think it would bottle neck?

P.S. the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler already has pre applied thermal compound on it. I dont put anymore compound on the cpu rigth? Since its already has a pre applied thermal comound on the CPU Cooler itself? Just mount it on? Kinda silly question but I wanna make sure since this is gonna be my 1st time trying on my own. :unsure:

Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated!

well the processor, memory and gfx card are not on top of the class but they are very good for gaming and they run the games you want to play. about the operating system, i would recommend spending a little extra on a 64 bit vista because with those good parts you need a good os. if u dont know the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit os systems, well basically the difference is that 64 bit os system handles processes 2x faster and is better for high performance gaming. oh and i would suggest getting a bigger hdd because you can not imagine how fast the 250 gb will fill up.. trust me. i thought the same with my 160 gb on laptop and now i have 500 mb of free space.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Get an ASUS P5K instead of gigabyte motherboard, for the better overclocking. Other than that the setup&#39;s pretty decent.

An i7 920 CPU can clock to 4ghz on air but its pretty expensive to have a computer that will run with an i7 due to having to buy an x58 motherboard and DDR3 Ram, its expensive now but it would last longer if your into playing all of the new games in future years.

evilwevel

and no you don&#39;t have to put on extra thermal compound, if you would it would leak over the side of the cpu and that wouldn&#39;t be good

and no you don&#39;t have to put on extra thermal compound, if you would it would leak over the side of the cpu and that wouldn&#39;t be good [/b]

exactly what I was thinking.

also thanks for the replies guys

I am Timmeh Senior Member

4 gb of ram Oo how much are u paying?
    it all looks good except the vista part rofl

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

+Make sure ur vista is 64bit .

+Is this rosewill brand some kind of well known and proven mark?I ve never heard about it. I wouldn&#39;t trust any of no name brands , PSU is crucial part of ur Pc so its better to take Tagan/Chieftec/Pentagram etc.

+Also as a CPU cooling system I would choose Pentagram Karakorum.

+Schrotti is right about Mobo; I wouldn&#39;t take GB , coz I&#39;ve heard people have had some troubles with GB lately. they&#39;re good ofc but for same price you can have ASUS or MSI.

+Why do you want to take so small HDD? Take a bit slower CPU E8200 and buy bigger HDD like 500gb or sth . At least when I was buying pc (mid summer)difference between E8200 and the rest was far from being adequate to the power you gain.