2 BIG Problems, I'd pay 2 fix :)

This is a discussion on 2 BIG Problems, I'd pay 2 fix :) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i have 2 major problems that i have absolutely no idea how to fix, im not such a computer-person so ...
Page: 1

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

i have 2 major problems that i have absolutely no idea how to fix, im not such a computer-person so i dont know how to repair it whatsoever

1) My new PC has been installed with Windows Vista, and xtrap doesnt work with vista, as i researched.. its YET to be fixed. maybe someone has cracked it, has anyone done that?

2) I shut down my XP computer [with USKO] and turn it back on not with restart but with turn off and manual turn on, and out of no where.. my desktop background tells me that i have some spyware bs and that i should run scan, and someone has been trying to get into my pc or something. and now when i load usko launcher everything is fine until i get an xtrap problem saying " Abnormal memory access " i dont remember... im up this post as soon as i can get back to my xp computer after its scans and upload some ss's of the problems.

- I dont expect anyone to know it really, if u do, your amazing if anyone else has this problem i added my msn just in case
    goodluck, i hope ya'll dont get what i did...

Akroma

hurry up and help :P

haha nice up! xD

luckyboy

Hi
    Try to update ur windows vista from Microsoft and install an antivirus and antispyware and firewall. Then scan ur pc and see if there is no problem with any malware program. If the problem persists, post it here again.

Hi
    Try to update ur windows vista from Microsoft and install an antivirus and antispyware and firewall. Then scan ur pc and see if there is no problem with any malware program. If the problem persists, post it here again.[/b]
    i fixed the xp comp, its up and working... i simply got spyware doctor, and cracked a name and license with the help of a friend and now everythings back 2 normal

the vista comp; i did what u asked, nothing was wrong with it from the start but after i updated... i launched ko and did the same thing.. patch 1464 at completion pop up shows Execute something... and u press x or ok, and it simply closes usko... i guess i just need to wait for dumb k2 to create a new patch.

I have another problem now, but i dont know if its something wrong with the computer or if its my wireless connection [on the xp computer where usko works]

Old Problem ::: This xp computer is under wireless-g [linksys] connection to my main computer 3 floors upstairs from this xp comp. When i log in KO everything is fine until I start loading.. The problem simply with the way i explain it, is that my internet has it's "moods"... Sometimes i get load doing the following [usually on system startup] ==> 16-19>43>60>81-90 Then Effect data, Then Char data goes 10>19>26 stays at 26 for a nice long 3-5 minutes, then 30% another 2 minutes, [and this is the part when i mean it has its moods] when its on 30 sometimes it goes to 31,32,33 and then zooms right into the game, if not it goes to 34, and really slowly continues its load with 36>74-78>99 and then just CUTS ME OFF and logs off, then i need to relog and sometimes it does the whole thing all over again. I've tried restarting the computer on >>>Start... or manual shut down [off tower]

What can i do or install to make my computer "lose its moods" on KO loads? Because everything else i use, seems to zoom right into its destination... -_-

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Old Problem ::: This xp computer is under wireless-g [linksys] connection to my main computer 3 floors upstairs from this xp comp. When i log in KO everything is fine until I start loading.. The problem simply with the way i explain it, is that my internet has it's "moods"... Sometimes i get load doing the following [usually on system startup] ==> 16-19>43>60>81-90 Then Effect data, Then Char data goes 10>19>26 stays at 26 for a nice long 3-5 minutes, then 30% another 2 minutes, [and this is the part when i mean it has its moods] when its on 30 sometimes it goes to 31,32,33 and then zooms right into the game, if not it goes to 34, and really slowly continues its load with 36>74-78>99 and then just CUTS ME OFF and logs off, then i need to relog and sometimes it does the whole thing all over again. I've tried restarting the computer on >>>Start... or manual shut down [off tower]

What can i do or install to make my computer "lose its moods" on KO loads? Because everything else i use, seems to zoom right into its destination... -_-[/b]
    Are you using norton antivirus? If yes, just shut it down for a while or get a new antivirus / firewall program :P
    I had that exactly same problem when I had norton antivirus. If you don't want to buy new firewall/antivirus program just turn norton off and log in game and then just put it back on

luckyboy

in fact any antivirus or firewall will do this. First turn them off, if u will be able to play without problem, then turn them back on and add the knightonline.exe and the Launcher.exe (from \program files\knightonline) to the exception list in the antivirus and firewall option (programs that are allowed to connect through the internet). That is all. If the problem persists then post it here again.
    And about ur wireless connection, check the status of the connection. If it is a poor connection (because it is far like 3 floors), then it should be the problem. Take ur xp computer near the main computer and see if u still have this problem.
    If no (u dont have this problem anymore): then think about a cable connection, that means u buy a new network card and add it to the main computer and then connect the xp computer to it.
    and if yes: post it here again :P. Good luck.

wow gay, i just replied your reply, and i forgot to log in >< basically it works, u saved me alot of time and i really appreciate it. thanks :P so lazy to type all that over again