Linksys (Add secruity)

This is a discussion on Linksys (Add secruity) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well someone is fucking useing my Wireless internet Please only post if you know how to do it im in ...
Page: 1

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Well someone is fucking useing my Wireless internet
    Please only post if you know how to do it im in the basic setup just im so lost i dont know where to go :/

welll im not a expert but shouldnt u have a password for your wireless internet or atleast somekinda protection
    so other cant just use your wireles internet because im postive mine does

yah Thats wat im trying to set up right now :P

Banned Senior Member

log into your router, go to wireless security then configure it ( passphrase, webkeys, SSiD etc )

Little more information plz I have WPA PERSONAL And when i go to connect it says The setting saved on this computer do not match or some shit like that..?

tamachan

You come to the Right place!

First, Reset ur Wireless and make sure no one is using it, Turn it on and Connect to it Via PC.

YOUR COMPUTER MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE WIRELESS

Open ur Wireless Settings and find Default Gate Way : * Ip Number Address *

Type that IP on ur Internet Explorer and Press Go, it will ask for ur ID and Password, Default Password is : Admin. ( no need ID )

You will go to a Page Setting.

You will see a Tab called : Setup, Wireless, Security and so on

Click Wireless, Click Wireless Security.

Heres a Picture of what it looks like

Hope this helps!!~

just simply type 192.168.1.1 in your browser and u will get a screen with your router information. if u look good u will see an option to set up an password. there u got it GL

my router is working like that but its basicly the same story as tamachan told you :P

type in ur ip adress into the IE, and then type in admin, and pw: "blank" and then change ur wireless settings.. add pw.. stop wireless broadcast ~!

*cough* Tech support section? -_-

tech support topic, but anyway:

log into your router via its address (start->run->cmd->enter, write ipconfig, default gateway address should be your linksys router)

default user and password should be admin admin, change this

disable setup from wirelles (if u can find it under maintenance setup) and over wan, you should configure your router only from LAN port

go to wirelles section

choose SSID (name of your wifi network)

choose channel (for best wi-fi operation channel should be 5 channels appart from other detected wirelles networks, so if u find some1s wi-fi on channel 1, you should use channel 6, you can use any of the wi-fi detection software easily findable on google)

choose encryption as WPA2-PSK (psk stands for passphrase key, basically its a password)

choose passphrase, between 1-63 characters, you can use any word for PSK, like "word123", but best passphrase would be "pokdsmdfiugsvowdfojh" using capital letters and numbers)

configure psk same on router and on laptop (obviously)

for additional security, you can configure MAC filter, which is basically you choose which MAC adresses (they are unique per NIC) can be associated with your wireless router. you can find MAC address on your laptop by typing in "ipconfig -all" or "getmac" in cmd prompt in windows. MAC address on wirelles card should be entered in MAC list table in wifi router and action should be "allowed". all other wi fi cards will be denied access

this setup is basically true for all wi-fi access points, routers etc. WPA2 is currently the best encryption protocol that is used on SOHO devices like your Linksys router. i dont know exactly where to click what on your model of linksys, but if u dont understand something post a SS and ill look into it

hej

After you setup a passkey on the router and saved, search for your router again on the computer and this time it will be "locked" so you get to add the passkey you added on the router.

Post in the right areas! Lazy bitch google ^_^

Post in the right areas! Lazy bitch google ^_^[/b]
    Sorry festo

Thank you guys I think i got it figured out

1 more thing lolz All i had to do was click on it then go into properties and it poped up thank you all so much :wub: