k, problem #2. - Default Browsers on vista

This is a discussion on k, problem #2. - Default Browsers on vista within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; k, so here is the deal I have never used internet explorer, hate it - as I'm sure the rest ...
Page: 1

Aba

k, so here is the deal

I have never used internet explorer, hate it - as I'm sure the rest of you do.

I use a browser called AM browser, but just because none of you have ever heard of it, let's just say I use mozilla firefox.

I recently got this computer I'm using at home, and it has vista on it. The only thing I still can't figure out is how to fix this problem.

Every time Mozilla pops up, it asks if I want to make it my default browser, because it notices that it isn&#39;t already. Every time it asks, I say, yes - I do want to make you my default browser (lol, work with me <_<)

SO, it doesn&#39;t work. Every time I click a link in aim, msn, yahoo, icq, irc - anywhere I click a hyperlink, it opens with internet explorer.

You have NO idea how annoying this is...

1.) When I click these links, because they open in internet explorer, I&#39;m signed out of whatever I was signed in on in my other browser.

2.) I have to copy and paste the links into my browser to make it work

3.) I have tried COMPLETELY removing internet explorer from my computer. Uninstall, delete all shortcuts, etc. Still opens

4.) I have tried going into my browsers&#39; (AM AND Mozilla, just for shits and giggles to see if it was a problem with AM Browser) and changing the default browser there, still doesn&#39;t work.

5.) Before Vista, this was not happening.

Suggestions? Comments? Advice?

sexa

you can never completely get rid of internet explorer on any windows. you should make firefox as your default web browser.

user default programs under control panel

Aba

Banned

3 words: VISTA SUCKS ASS
    My cousin has vista also... can&#39;t do half of things with that... Well soon the features com to vista also but atm its useless

SilentDaemon

you can never completely get rid of internet explorer on any windows. you should make firefox as your default web browser.

user default programs under control panel[/b]
    +1 thats all u can do...