Changing textures to avoid lag

This is a discussion on Changing textures to avoid lag within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi all, First of all, I don't know if this is legit to ask, but if not, feel free to ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Changing textures to avoid lag

Hi all,

First of all, I don't know if this is legit to ask, but if not, feel free to close.

Currently I'm playing on a laptop which graphics card isn't really the best...and in wars I'm experiencing serious lag.
    I was wondering, is there a way to delete or change some nonessential textures to run things more smooth?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Avatero View Post
    Hi all,

First of all, I don't know if this is legit to ask, but if not, feel free to close.

Currently I'm playing on a laptop which graphics card isn't really the best...and in wars I'm experiencing serious lag.
    I was wondering, is there a way to delete or change some nonessential textures to run things more smooth?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes, it is possible.
    Im allways using client that has only the most important walls, teleport, Character models, merchants and anvil when im merchanting on laptop. Also removed that scaled skin effect so I wont get dc if someone uses dc hack.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SotaJumala View Post
    Yes, it is possible.
    Im allways using client that has only the most important walls, teleport, Character models, merchants and anvil when im merchanting on laptop. Also removed that scaled skin effect so I wont get dc if someone uses dc hack.
    Could you point me in the right direction which files I can delete and still see the most important things in war?

if i remember right i deleted fx folder which contains all weapon hit effects etc. and impruved my fps.

jon702boyz

ya you just have to delete the extras that make shit look good >< im not to sure wat files they are

dojomaster

wouldn't that be against KO TOS????

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dojomaster View Post
    wouldn't that be against KO TOS????
    I think yes. Does it bother you?