Problem with 5.1 Speakers

This is a discussion on Problem with 5.1 Speakers within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So I bought Creative P5800 5.1 Speakers and a Sound Card Audigy Sound Blaster (well something with Creative, I dont ...
Page: 1

Diler

Default Problem with 5.1 Speakers

So I bought Creative P5800 5.1 Speakers and a Sound Card Audigy Sound Blaster (well something with Creative, I dont remeber...) So its like this. When I play a game (f.e Doom 3) I have 4.1 the speaker on my monitor isnt working. When I listen to music on winamp I have 2.1... The speakers on the left and right side +subwoofer. The 2 speakers behind me and the one in front arent working. I know that to listen music on all 5 speakers I have to have an appropriate music that supports the 5.1.
    My question: is there any way to listen to ALL kinds of music and to watch ALL kinds of movies (RMVB,DIVX etc.) on 5.1? Cuz its the same thing with movies. Only on DVDs all 5 speakers work... The thing is I only have DIVX and RMVB movies :P
    So does anybody know what to do to make the 5 speakers work all the time?

R34P3R_Magikz

i think divx movies need to be encoded with AC3 audio codec for 5.1 surround probaly same for music i dunno not sure never used 5.1

Diler

up pls.

Zaria

Did you check in your control panel/sounds and audio devices? Speaker setting/advanced. Change it to surround sound 5.1......

This is a wild guess, but may be a possiblility.

Diler

Originally posted by Zaria
    Did you check in your control panel/sounds and audio devices? *Speaker setting/advanced. *Change it to surround sound 5.1......

This is a wild guess, but may be a possiblility.
    Yeah it's set to 5.1

Zaria

1. Quit all running programs
    2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    3. Click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices.
    4. Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
    5. On the Volume tab, under Speaker Settings, click Advanced.
    6. On the Speaker setup option, click Quadraphonic speakers or click your preferred setting.
    7. Click OK to close the Advanced Audio Properties dialog box.
    8. Click OK to close the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties dialog box.
    Note You may also have to change your sound cards mixer to four speakers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313022/en-...=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Diler

Thanks Zaria!! :wub: it worked ! <3