Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AlienWare Brand, kick ass notebooks for game?

This is a discussion on AlienWare Brand, kick ass notebooks for game? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i saw the properties of that brand and i wanna know what u guys think about it cuz i like ...
Page: 1

oO Jc Oo

Thumbs down

i saw the properties of that brand and i wanna know what u guys think about it

cuz i like the idea of get a laptop from them

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

EXPENSIVE

If you got money you can pay for the looks but if you dont care bout the looks you can get much cheaper same stats

oO Jc Oo

EXPENSIVE

If you got money you can pay for the looks but if you dont care bout the looks you can get much cheaper same stats[/b]

i can get a notebook of them np but is kickass for game and multitasking things as notebook better than others brands? i like also the design of them

TheBloodyBeast

EXPENSIVE

If you got money you can pay for the looks but if you dont care bout the looks you can get much cheaper same stats[/b]
    I agree

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

The name of the brand costs around 1/3 of the price or even more. If u want a gg laptop let some smart guy or small but pr0 company asseble it. I did that for all mine and have saved A FUKING LOT of cash.

oO Jc Oo

The name of the brand costs around 1/3 of the price or even more. If u want a gg laptop let some smart guy or small but pr0 company asseble it. I did that for all mine and have saved A FUKING LOT of cash.[/b]

what kind of laptop then¿?

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

what kind of laptop then¿?[/b]
    mostly anything but alienware. The looks are so expensive. Idk much about laptops so. only thing I know some of my friends have a acer

oO Jc Oo

mostly anything but alienware. The looks are so expensive. Idk much about laptops so. only thing I know some of my friends have a acer[/b]

i like alienware a lot cuz of the custome :P

Strike

alienware has gone to the shitter in recent years(ever since DELL bought them). they cost way too much and offer only average parts for customizing. ya they look good but you are better off buying a DELL XPS and save yourself some cash.

laptops are never a good choice for gaming but if you want one try looking around for those smaller companies like:
    iBuyPower.com
    AeonCraft.com
    VelocityMicro.com

those are just 3 examples and there are many more out there. your best bet is to wait until mid october to early nov. before you buy because thats when they start having sales and special deals on their products as well as when some of the new parts come out, thus lowering the price on the now "obsolete" ones.

oO Jc Oo

alienware has gone to the shitter in recent years(ever since DELL bought them). they cost way too much and offer only average parts for customizing. ya they look good but you are better off buying a DELL XPS and save yourself some cash.

laptops are never a good choice for gaming but if you want one try looking around for those smaller companies like:
    iBuyPower.com
    AeonCraft.com
    VelocityMicro.com

those are just 3 examples and there are many more out there. your best bet is to wait until mid october to early nov. before you buy because thats when they start having sales and special deals on their products as well as when some of the new parts come out, thus lowering the price on the now "obsolete" ones.[/b]
    good point on that...thx bro.

Banned Senior Member

Show us a PC you build at Alienware, and we can find it for even cheaper somewhere else

Seekor

yeah and also unless ur looking to spend alot of money i find it quite useless to buy a laptop for gaming

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

yeah and also unless ur looking to spend alot of money i find it quite useless to buy a laptop for gaming[/b]
    I had to. I spend alot of time on the move, considering i can access internet in pretty much every corner of my country (and im hardly ever not online when i open my laptop) i needed a laptop that doesnt make me lag if i run 3 seperate clients and pking while having my favorite net radio/winamp playing, msn open, vent with lottsa guys running, cool windows theme entertaining my pretty brown eyes and 5+ firefox tabs leeching the juice.

Got mine from a small pr0 company, they did an exelent job. Wouldnt even consider trading mine for some silly looking alien thingy.

Seekor

I had to. I spend alot of time on the move, considering i can access internet in pretty much every corner of my country (and im hardly ever not online when i open my laptop) i needed a laptop that doesnt make me lag if i run 3 seperate clients and pking while having my favorite net radio/winamp playing, msn open, vent with lottsa guys running, cool windows theme entertaining my pretty brown eyes and 5+ firefox tabs leeching the juice.

Got mine from a small pr0 company, they did an exelent job. Wouldnt even consider trading mine for some silly looking alien thingy.[/b]
    gotcha that makes sence, I just think that it can be impractical for most users.

Stronger

i play on dell xps m1710 and its awesome, can play cod4 easily with 140fps constant , my laptop is over 1 year old,

i would recommend xps because dell customer support ( expecially XPS support ) is amazing, next day on site repair or replacement is incredible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast