Dual Core Proc, causing game to speed up (in some ways).

This is a discussion on Dual Core Proc, causing game to speed up (in some ways). within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Got a new computer, dual core, and now after playing for about 20-30 mins certain things speed up. 1. Buff/swift ...
Page: 1

Freh

Default Dual Core Proc, causing game to speed up (in some ways).

Got a new computer, dual core, and now after playing for about 20-30 mins certain things speed up.

1. Buff/swift etc. icons fade before the buff and swifts are actually gone. Sucks cause I have no warning before buffs go.
    2. Skill icons show cool down faster than they actually happen. Sucks cause I'll think meteor is recharged, cast it, uses mp, another cool down starts, but no meteor. Now I gotta wait again for skill to cool down before casting (I let cool down, then wait an additional 2-3 seconds before casting).
    3. My mage runs fast (or at least appears to be running fast).

Anyone know how to correct this problem with dual core proc?

DiffusalBlade

computers to fast for KO

NooBZilla

ill say it once again, ive told the mods to make this a sticky because lots of people are upgrading/buring new comps that are dual core and 90% of them get this problem with games, but w/e ill just tell say how to do it again.

Ctrl+alt+del = Open task manager ->
    Click "Processes" ->
    Right-click "w/e game you want" -> example: Knight Online
    Click "Set affinity" ->
    UN-CHECK one CPU -> Hit "OK"

good luck,welcome

king arthur

stiky pls thats handy