Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Always disconnecting about every 10min

This is a discussion on Always disconnecting about every 10min within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm in my room with my laptop and I'm using wireless and my router is all the way downstairs etc;....I ...
Page: 1

I'm in my room with my laptop and I'm using wireless and my router is all the way downstairs etc;....I just get dc'ed every 10min and I don't know how to fix this.
    KO isn't doing anything,it's just my internet connection.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

T0wn3R

same happens to me, its like windows don't detect the correct drivers for the wireless card or smthing.

I get dc every 10 minutes.

Rade in other forums about its because of a energy saving... i went to system management in control panel and disabled the option of energy saving from the card but still with the prblem

same happens to me, its like windows don't detect the correct drivers for the wireless card or smthing.

I get dc every 10 minutes.

Rade in other forums about its because of a energy saving... i went to system management in control panel and disabled the option of energy saving from the card but still with the prblem[/b]
    same here

Banned

i dont have wireless and it dcs me every 3 mins and im an exper so its worse..

ILoveYouToo

Well a quick fix would be just to move your laptop downstairs. If you can't do that you should find anything that would be interfering with your connection. My wireless router in downstairs and i was able to connect to xbox live in my room and didn't dc at all after hours of play. What kind of router are you using? If you have a linksys you might want to try port forwarding.

Well a quick fix would be just to move your laptop downstairs. If you can't do that you should find anything that would be interfering with your connection. My wireless router in downstairs and i was able to connect to xbox live in my room and didn't dc at all after hours of play. What kind of router are you using? If you have a linksys you might want to try port forwarding.[/b]
    I don't want to move it downstairs because down there,there's really not a lot of room and my desktop is there [my brother playing WoW all the time].....And also I want it in my room so I can play long hours and play in peace

evilwevel

wireless signals break every now and then, not much you can do about it. even if the connection is lost for like 0.001 seconds you get DC'ed.

ILoveYouToo

I don't want to move it downstairs because down there,there's really not a lot of room and my desktop is there [my brother playing WoW all the time].....And also I want it in my room so I can play long hours and play in peace [/b]
    What kind of router are you using?

Volcanic

wireless[/b]
    There`s your problem buddy. You cant beat an ethernet connection

ILoveYouToo

There`s your problem buddy. You cant beat an ethernet connection[/b]
    Wireless can be just as good as ethernet so long as there is nothing obstructing the connection and it's configured correctly. It also gives you the ability to connect from multiple computers with one router. The average router has 4 ethernet ports but with wireless you can connect as many as your connection can handle.

Wireless can be just as good as ethernet so long as there is nothing obstructing the connection and it's configured correctly. It also gives you the ability to connect from multiple computers with one router. The average router has 4 ethernet ports but with wireless you can connect as many as your connection can handle.[/b]
    look... What you said is in part NOT true. Ethernet is safe if you have an always connected internet, I mean if you're main cumputer is always connected to internet its cool. Rooters are like that these are ALL supposed to transmit internet at a minimum of 25Meters (like 85 feets) at their optimal capacity. But the PROBLEM is WHERE your internet (on wich kind of network) will it connect on your laptop. Exemple : Internet is like a spider web...each time you connect to it you will connect to a specific place ine the spider web...Following me? If where you're connected (its COMPLETELY RANDOM) it is a low internet like 100kbites second it will DC since its not configured for that. With this I mean that you have a RANDOM SPEED when you have to cennect to Internet each time you open you're cumputer. THE MAXIMUM SPPED YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE IS NOT GUARANTED WITH A ROOTER. There are some internet server (coz this spider web is like a server but its not exactly this) better than others BUT a GUARANTEED High Speed Internet can cost 250 to 10 000 dollars a month! (These are more for business lol)

T0wn3R

Well a quick fix would be just to move your laptop downstairs. If you can't do that you should find anything that would be interfering with your connection. My wireless router in downstairs and i was able to connect to xbox live in my room and didn't dc at all after hours of play. What kind of router are you using? If you have a linksys you might want to try port forwarding.[/b]
    im sure that its not a signal problem.

I can be near the router with great signal and i still getting dc from ko and msn.

Im 100% sure that its because of the power management of the computer because it happens every 10 minutes, exactly 10 minutes.

:<

ILoveYouToo

look... What you said is in part NOT true. Ethernet is safe if you have an always connected internet, I mean if you&#39;re main cumputer is always connected to internet its cool. Rooters are like that these are ALL supposed to transmit internet at a minimum of 25Meters (like 85 feets) at their optimal capacity. But the PROBLEM is WHERE your internet (on wich kind of network) will it connect on your laptop. Exemple : Internet is like a spider web...each time you connect to it you will connect to a specific place ine the spider web...Following me? If where you&#39;re connected (its COMPLETELY RANDOM) it is a low internet like 100kbites second it will DC since its not configured for that. With this I mean that you have a RANDOM SPEED when you have to cennect to Internet each time you open you&#39;re cumputer. THE MAXIMUM SPPED YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE IS NOT GUARANTED WITH A ROOTER. There are some internet server (coz this spider web is like a server but its not exactly this) better than others BUT a GUARANTEED High Speed Internet can cost 250 to 10 000 dollars a month! (These are more for business lol)[/b]
    wtf are you talking about? lol. Wtf is a rooter? This is not plumbing. If you&#39;re wireless connection if configured correctly you will always connect to the same router. I really don&#39;t know what you&#39;re attempting to say lol.

If you continue disconnecting i wouldnt go for Wireless, Wireless slows your connection down alot.
    And as farer away you get from ur switch/router as more connection you lose, I would recommend max 10-20m
    to get best connection, Else get a 30m TP Cable and a Switch and ur all good

evilwevel

its quite simple. ethernet > wireless for gaming.

you can&#39;t argue about it, it&#39;s a fact. a wireless connection will, and very often to, fail for a split second wich is nothing when you&#39;re browsing or watching youtube video&#39;s etc. but it&#39;s enough to get you dc&#39;ed because a game requires a stable internet connection thats online 100% of the time.

you can&#39;t do much about it. except maybe wait for like 3 years until they have the ability to make wireless connections as fail safe as ethernet ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast