New hard drive problem

This is a discussion on New hard drive problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I tried google-ing my problem, but it was of no help (too many shops, less forums responses ) I bought ...
Page: 1

Judas Iscariot

I tried google-ing my problem, but it was of no help (too many shops, less forums responses )

I bought a samsung 160gb hard disk, installation went fine, but it is only shown as 73gb.

I have no idea what to do, as I couldn't find any similar problems, and i'm not that computerliterate...

What operating system are you using? Also, when you bought the hard drive and installed windows did you use fat32 or ntfs partitions?

and you emo, why did you buy a new hard drive instead of more memory. :P

Judas Iscariot

Because I have to upgrade my motherboard first you homo :P
    They dont make that type or ram anymore, and I forgot exactly what type of ram it was. <__<

WinXp 2000, and I used ntfs file system. Also, the pin thingies setting for Slave on this hard drive is 0 (no pin), or pin on CD (2nd row). Atm it is without pin (slave).

mammlea2

format it partion magic as either fat32 or ntfs, and you should get the right size

Judas Iscariot

Problem solved. Quite an embarassing situation... i&#39;ll spare the problem and deem this solved.

Thx for help guys, but it wasn&#39;t anything with the partitioning or format type :P

Speed

hmm just a guess here.... it had unallocated space and/or u didnt have SP2 installed?

Judas Iscariot

Neither lol... Lets just say it was a human problem, not software or hardware :P

hmm just a guess here.... it had unallocated space and/or u didnt have SP2 installed?[/b]
    Either of those would make sense to me. I know I&#39;ve had a problem with my HD being limited at 73GB and it was because I didn&#39;t have SP2 installed.

Glad you fixed it.