Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Need Help Buying A New PC

This is a discussion on I Need Help Buying A New PC within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Finally, I can make this thread now that I have the money and my debit card I've been looking nearly ...
Page: 1

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Finally, I can make this thread now that I have the money and my debit card
    I've been looking nearly everywhere for the cheapest priced beast pc.
    Friends have helped me when I didn't know wtf anything is in a computer, but over these 3 weeks I know some of the basics :P
    Basically, I need help from ko4life to tell me what would be best choices to put in a new PC when you have $1,750 - $2,000 USD to spend on one.
    I use this website seeing it's easy to follow -> www.buyxg.com
    Build your own, take a picture of the Summary on the right side of your screen and post it or, simply paste some of the main choices you chose.

Things that I/you must have in "Summary" by the end;
    -Try your best to keep the total price low as possible but max at around $1,800.
    -MUST have Windows XP as OS, Home Edition is perfectly fine. I will never buy a PC with Vista as OS again.
    -Intel or AMD doesn't matter, as long as you think it's best pc for the money.
    -Needs a great video card; My goal is to break 50+ fps on fraps in front of Moradon anvil.
    -Needs as many fans and cooling systems as possible, low maintenance ones are better.
    -Needs at least "Core™ 2 Duo E6750 CPU @ 2.66GHz" or more on Intel. Don't know what's considered good on AMD.
    -Needs a nice monitor, nothing too big nor expensive, just reliable.
    -Needs 750W+ power supply
    -Needs at least 2GB of DDR2, or higher.
    -Need network card, already have a Linksys Router - WiFi plx, I wanna be able to plug it in, and get internet on the spot like I do with my laptop.
    -Choose a nice main board, I have no knowledge of them what so ever.
    -Case is up to you, but personally, my favorite is the Raidmax Smilodon...
    -Make the PC as silent as possible, best performance in gaming, and long lasting!
    -Miscellaneous attributes such as the sound, keyboard, mouse, etc don't need to be amazing as I already have them but mine are old, I would get new ones.

Yes, I know I said "as many fans/cooling systems as possible and also said as silent as possible, but there are some that are meant to be more silent than others!

Some of my questions that first come to mind;
    -What's the point of having two video cards? Would it benefit me that greatly? Is it worth spending $250+ USD to get dual gfx cards?
    -Would Core 2 Duo @ 2.66GHz perform better than a Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz? Is it worth going for Quad or will I not notice any difference?
    -Do liquid cooled PC's need to be maintained every once in a while? Is it worth buying liquid cooled rather than fans? What's the difference?

Can't really think of anything else I need to type up, if I forgot something I'll edit it or post.
    Have fun building and remember, I REALLY WILL buy the PC I find best.
    Thank you, ♥all at the KO4Life Community

azz

somone help this gay

Games I'll be playing on this PC are; Knight Online, Diablo 2, Counter Strike, Half Life 2, Call of Duty 4, AoE, and some others...
    As mentioned, I just wanna finally be able to play on Fraps or whatever recorder with 50+fps so I can minor without having to lag
    Also, everyone has their own opinion, so don&#39;t flame please, I just want information - Thanks again </3
    Bump!

Flo

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleoview H19-2 19 Zoll TFT LCD-Monitor

i like this monitor very much nice quality and shit

Exclamation

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleoview H19-2 19 Zoll TFT LCD-Monitor[/b]
    You need to choose from the choices they give you from buyxg.com
    Here, look in this one... https://www.buyxg.com/system/XG_Gaming_Thunder_SLI/
    Go to LCD Monitors, and those are the ones you could choose, but that&#39;s just the monitor!
    I need to build the entire PC from the choices they have there.

Banned

thats a badass computer for just under your price range... check it out

Doesn&#39;t have a monitor, and do I really need 2 video cards?
    I know I have $2,000 USD, but I wanna come out with some change you know...
    It isn&#39;t what I&#39;m looking for, but thanks Elu♥

Bump!

kratos

baba, do u have a FRY&#39;s around you? if so, go there and b uy their "mega computer"

it has the top everything u need/want in a computer that sells for about 1grand...(1,000)

so yea..

You mean a retail store such as Best Buy, Circuit City, etc? No, I don&#39;t have a "FRY&#39;S" near me, never heard of it neither...
    I need to buy it from the internet because you build your own. I don&#39;t want to buy parts from a store and come back a day later to pick it up, besides - I&#39;m bad at computers, hence this topic.

edit: your sig is quite annoying, looks homo o.o xD

Ignore Me Senior Member

Im no good mate at finding stuff in USA. You so need an Overclockers in the US.

Best case because heat rises and it has a mother fan ripping the heat out at the top is Antec 900. http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15900

And having built one Zalmans air cooler beats liquid cooling at fits the chimney fan dead center. http://www.sharkacomputers.com/zacnled2.html

My temps at windows CPU 18 Celius, Mobo 33 Celius. And running this game upto 384fps sometimes 50-70 fps normal gameplay at 28 Celius Mobo 33.

Also I&#39;d recomend a Mobo with copper pipe coolers on them they really work. I like ASUS myself.

Unfortunatey if you really want to video it without lag you need something external. You can&#39;t do MPEG compression on the fly without it murdering your response.

Cant be more help. You cant buy from UK our prices are insanely high.

CuriositY

As I see right now 2 card is usefull instead of 2 you should buy 2 GeForce 9600 GT and it will be more cheap than 2 GTS 8800 and they are almost better its just about the price..

Bump before I go sleep... Tomorrow is my deadline to purchase my next PC.
    Don&#39;t be shy ♥ all

grzequ

Lol, do you guys realize he won&#39;t be playing any high-end games except CoD4?
    I cant see any reason he would need 2 x 8800GTS for.

If you want a good graphics card get one 8800GT, thats it, SLI/CrossFire are still nothing that works 100% like it should.

And about keeping 26C and 33C on your cpu and mobo while in ko, lol, you should rather check your gpu temps, cause mobo and cpu temps don&#39;t really have any reason to go up in temps while playing a video game.
    Also, todays CPU&#39;s are quite good at keeping their temps stable, even with stock cooling, their temps won&#39;t go up much even if you have them under 100% load.

While aiming for a computer it&#39;s better to aim for something that will last you 2-3 years instead of 3-4 cause the difference in price between those can be really high.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Some of my questions that first come to mind;
    -What&#39;s the point of having two video cards? Would it benefit me that greatly? Is it worth spending $250+ USD to get dual gfx cards?
    -Would Core 2 Duo @ 2.66GHz perform better than a Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz? Is it worth going for Quad or will I not notice any difference?
    -Do liquid cooled PC&#39;s need to be maintained every once in a while? Is it worth buying liquid cooled rather than fans? What&#39;s the difference?[/b]
    Would Core 2 Duo @ 2.66GHz perform better than a Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz? Is it worth going for Quad or will I not notice any difference?
    Yes, first of all, not all games are optimized for Quad core ( might change in like 1 - 2 year)
    second of all, 2 Duo @ 2.66 will run faster then Quad @ 2.4, many ppl will still buy Quad core cause they think it is uber,
    but atm it isnt, maby in a couple a year.
    Allso with a 2 Duo core, you can get a higher clock rate than is available on a Quad core.

Personally i would stay with a good Dual core cause the benifits arent that huge.

Do liquid cooled PC&#39;s need to be maintained every once in a while? Is it worth buying liquid cooled rather than fans? What&#39;s the difference?
    You might find the answer for your Maintaining here => http://www.wizdforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7092
    Well ofc liqued cooling will make your pc cool down faster,
    but ye if you enough fans in your pc i dont see why you would waste an other 300$ or something on liqued cooling

What&#39;s the point of having two video cards? Would it benefit me that greatly? Is it worth spending $250+ USD to get dual gfx cards?

All the answers are here => http://compreviews.about.com/od/video/a/DualVideo.htm

Greets Camel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast