Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

AMD vs Intel? who is better?

This is a discussion on AMD vs Intel? who is better? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; damn dont start flame plz ! every company has + and - but amd is a little bit step back. ...
Page: 2

exot

damn dont start flame plz ! every company has + and -
    but amd is a little bit step back. his new phenom procesor has problems. google for it

AMD vs Intel? That question is like ATI vs nVidia, Mercedes vs BMW or KO vs WoW and so on... All of them have their good and bad sides, and matter of taste for the choice, ppl would always have different opinions about it. No matter how much u convince the ppl.
    But coming to the more technical side, AMD trends to have more raw power and lower frequency, while Intel have higher compatibility and well tested, Intel also used to raise their frequency to increase the performance, but it seems they realised they are reaching the heat limit for now, and focus on multicores instead.
    In the very extreme end, AMD trend to have higher performance than Intel in game, while Intel have higher performance in working applications like video/picture editing, generally in the calculation. That pattern has been like that for years, and it doesnt seems likely to change. But for most ppl, both are attractive, no matter what they do, with AMD's dual core CPU u can do the multitask just as Intel, the same goes with Intel CPU, they are excellent gamer CPUs aswell.
    From my personal point of view, Intel seems to be more expensive than AMD, but more compatible with most hardwares. I have a personal experience with their differences, my PC is AMD while my laptop is Intel, and no matter what I cant get my iPod to work on my PC, but works perfectly on my laptop... Im not exactly sure if its the CPU thats causing it, but so far the only logical explanation lies there, coz I dont see any other hardware that could cause an error like that.

Conclusion: Look at ur budget, if u can afford it and dont care about spending ur money, then I would personally recommend Intel, but u if worry most about games, then just get urself an AMD, since u wont see any difference anyway.

If u have time, try read some of the pages from http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/index.html and see what u need to make ur choice.

i didnt try intel, always amd and cant complain. amd here is cheaper so thats why im using it lol

BlackIrish

All I know about Intel vs AMD, is that AMD is much better for gamers. If AMD gets under great pressure it will not crash, it will keep going until it even burns. Intel on the other hand will crash.
    There is a website that I just don't remember, it shows excactly what you are looking for. They show experiments of AMD prossesors and Intel ones.. The Intel are just not fun

So its your desicion what you would like more. With enough ram AMD is damn fine :P

Steefo_o

for start

intel is more trustworty and use less poweer used
    amd named to get very hot fast and use way more power and is not even better.

the 8800gt is one roxor card oO but its expensive depends what use it for
    for ko i wouls say dont get that card><:P
    if u want a cheap card but works fine just go for ati 3850 ir smth works fine and good

IMO intel rox amd&#39;s head off

cheers

edit about the game shit
    if u take the new dualcore
    the 8200/8400
    it will rox all amd u Know and freaking fast :P
    best ones atm

This vid should explain somewhere how each of the old models works (great time ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XosLKUJEE

Its clearly the CPUs from Intel are trying to reduce the speed to compensate the heat, and end up just slow down or freeze the computer, while CPUs from AMD are completely unaffected by the heat, and continuously pressing more current into the circuits till it completely burns up the board.
    I dont know if the new models still do that, but I wouldnt be surprised if they do. However, this video have nothing to do with their performance and functionality, it just simply shows the way of how they work and how they react to overheat. Who in the world would unplug their heatsink instantly like that? Normally if the fan stop spinning, then u will slowly see application crashing and freezing, everything acting VERY weird and nothing will start up, and u can literally smell the heat, if u have any common sense, then u would know something is terribly wrong.

evilwevel

This vid should explain somewhere how each of the old models works (great time ): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XosLKUJEE

Its clearly the CPUs from Intel are trying to reduce the speed to compensate the heat, and end up just slow down or freeze the computer, while CPUs from AMD are completely unaffected by the heat, and continuously pressing more current into the circuits till it completely burns up the board.
    I dont know if the new models still do that, but I wouldnt be surprised if they do. However, this video have nothing to do with their performance and functionality, it just simply shows the way of how they work and how they react to overheat. Who in the world would unplug their heatsink instantly like that? Normally if the fan stop spinning, then u will slowly see application crashing and freezing, everything acting VERY weird and nothing will start up, and u can literally smell the heat, if u have any common sense, then u would know something is terribly wrong.[/b]
    what twisted evil figure would do that ? :P

an intel dual core e4500 @ 2.5GHZ cracks at 4.5 seconds. and by crack i literally mean crack. the metal casing is ripped open.

but back on topic again, i don&#39;t think you can call either AMD or intel better then the other. it used to be that AMD was cheaper then intel but had slightly less performance. but nowadays i think they&#39;re both equal, yet most people buy intel. why ? probably the same reason why people buy nikes instead of [insert a lesser known brand name].

oO Jc Oo

so there is any chance that amd could burn?

O.o

evilwevel

so there is any chance that amd could burn?
    O.o[/b]
    any processor without cooling will burn.

it&#39;s rather fun to watch :lol:

i ve tuned my cpu (athlon 2000xp+, 1,67GHz) to 2600+ 2,09GHz, i just goubht 512 mb ram more (1gb now) and i ve noticed that temerature is highr only for 3-5 celsius degree
    with 512 ram when i tuned it (it was hot outside) temperature was like 80+ celsius degree for like 5hours and that shit didnt burned so dont tell me that amd is easier to burn^^
    atm i added 2 extra coolers and btw when i chenged from 2000xp+ 512 ram to 2600xp+ and 1024 ram it gave me alot in ko (only pk n moradon) xD

evilwevel

i ve tuned my cpu (athlon 2000xp+, 1,67GHz) to 2600+ 2,09GHz, i just goubht 512 mb ram more (1gb now) and i ve noticed that temerature is highr only for 3-5 celsius degree
    with 512 ram when i tuned it (it was hot outside) temperature was like 80+ celsius degree for like 5hours and that shit didnt burned so dont tell me that amd is easier to burn^^
    atm i added 2 extra coolers and btw when i chenged from 2000xp+ 512 ram to 2600xp+ and 1024 ram it gave me alot in ko (only pk n moradon) xD[/b]
    ofcourse it won&#39;t burn, as long as the cpu fan is in place nothing goes wrong normally since there&#39;s a thermal contact that monitors the temperature. it&#39;s when you remove that fan that the cpu gets so hot in such a short time that the contact has no chance of shutting everything down.

AMD just cos i own one, but all my tech buddies say intel is best bang for buck right now. (higher end stuff)

joecool2004

Well bench mark says intel is better over all with the quad core than amd but i like amd more because it&#39;s much cheaper and i don&#39;t think there will be much speed different between them.

jordan900

i jus got a new computer and its a AMD phenom 9600+(quad core) and it runs at 2.4 gHz although intel processors have faster speeds i heard AMD processors are better for gaming....

Volcanic

I`ve always gone for intel, as I use my comp for more than just gaming.
    IMO if you have cash to spare, buy intel. If you are on a budget go for amd. However, it also depends on exactly what you want from your processor. Gaming, video, graphic design, power consumption, the list is endless.
    Don`t bother with quad cores unless you are using the handful of apps that can utilise them. There will be bigger and faster quads when the software catches up.

@evilwevel.
    Not every processor likes to O/C. For example choose an E4300 and it`ll easily O/C to 2.4ghz on a stock cooler. 3+ghz is possible with a quality aftermarket cooler(66+% O/C).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast