Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

AMD vs Intel? who is better?

This is a discussion on AMD vs Intel? who is better? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; this is a never ending discussion. it all comes down to people's oppinions....
Page: 4

evilwevel

this is a never ending discussion.

it all comes down to people's oppinions.

the only thing as knoid and me was talking is about the recognize of the 4gbs, windows xp of 32 bits just recognize me 3gbs :lol: so the only solution will be install an windows xp of 64 bits if that shit exist ye... xD[/b]
    The memory limitations comes from ur operating system Windows XP. And yes, there is a 64bit version of Windows XP, but I still doubt u will get full use of 4GB as the nowadays applications arent programmed to use much higher than ˝GB. Games like WoW use around 300MB, KO use around 200MB, and I cant imagine high end shooting games use much more.. Im not judging ur decision or anything, just a thought..

The memory limitations comes from ur operating system Windows XP. And yes, there is a 64bit version of Windows XP, but I still doubt u will get full use of 4GB as the nowadays applications arent programmed to use much higher than ˝GB. Games like WoW use around 300MB, KO use around 200MB, and I cant imagine high end shooting games use much more.. Im not judging ur decision or anything, just a thought..[/b]
    lol? Assassin's Creed will require 2gb's of ram just to run the game, they recommend 4 :lol: :lol:

Intel is the best bang for the buck right now. End of topic really :P, I'm looking at spending nearly 2.3 grand on my computer when I build it.

oO Jc Oo

lol? Assassin's Creed will require 2gb's of ram just to run the game, they recommend 4 :lol: :lol:

Intel is the best bang for the buck right now. End of topic really :P , I'm looking at spending nearly 2.3 grand on my computer when I build it.[/b]

its all about taste and the pocket. 2.3 grand for a computer? :S damn at least i think is way too much but if u have it, enjoy it ^^

to captain: i will put 64 bits xp windows, and for 4 gbs r way too nicely for the performance i wanted for my pc, i dunno much about pcs, but im always up for learn

its all about taste and the pocket. 2.3 grand for a computer? :S damn at least i think is way too much but if u have it, enjoy it ^^
    to captain: i will put 64 bits xp windows, and for 4 gbs r way too nicely for the performance i wanted for my pc, i dunno much about pcs, but im always up for learn [/b]
    It might be 2.3 Grand buttt ^^ The computer is worth around 10,000$ if Alienware/Dell made it :P

Gaby159

AMD: Abordable price, good dual core processor
    Intel: Crapy price for a lil better dual core processor

oO Jc Oo

It might be 2.3 Grand buttt ^^ The computer is worth around 10,000$ if Alienware/Dell made it :P[/b]

rofl

Volcanic

the only thing as knoid and me was talking is about the recognize of the 4gbs, windows xp of 32 bits just recognize me 3gbs :lol: so the only solution will be install an windows xp of 64 bits if that shit exist ye... xD
    my decision was amd and i think will be fine and nicely for me thx for all, but u guys can keep discuse about the post [/b]
    I wish you the best of luck on your 64bit driver quest.

did u never try crysis? guess no :P

anyway intel atm is better.. intel core duo or quad are very good processor with performance from 5 to 20% better then amd..

a good and not exspensive computer can be: intel e6750 processor asus 680i SLI and nvidia 8800gts version with 512 MB

ull run all game also crysis... this one is the best as perfomance request[/b]
    lol i have crysis on my pc and i run it high graphics... my brother has a 8500 geforce and runs it perfect to...
    i also have bioshock, gears of wars, hitman 4, cod 4, crysis.... all full grapics and no problem :P
    so you dont need 8gb ram with geforce 8800 overclocked to play them..

oO Jc Oo

I wish you the best of luck on your 64bit driver quest.[/b]

and that means? explain plz, im noobie in that

didinino

as u can see on tom's hardware, today AMD isnt as strong as it used to be.
    and prices of intel are fine..
    thats not my opinion thats just a fact

oO Jc Oo

as u can see on tom's hardware, today AMD isnt as strong as it used to be.
    and prices of intel are fine..
    thats not my opinion thats just a fact [/b]

as some1 said here, its a issue that will never end cuz both brands have good things that make good difference.

as some1 said here, its a issue that will never end cuz both brands have good things that make good difference.[/b]
    At this point Intel has them beat, Not only is it a faster chip but also run's cooler - and has a low risk of burning out.

it's just like Nvidia and Radeon - Seem's Nvidia is getting their ass kicked by Radeon although, The 9600 is about the same [on games] as the Radeon 8570 - Except the 8570 is dropping their price soon to kick nvidia's ass again :P ahah.

But, Most likely in the future amd will take the lead again :P.

IronImpact

adm ... cuz i cant blame my love

Intel > AMD anytime :P

Amd just simply cant catch up with Intels performance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast