Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

any way to work it out?

This is a discussion on any way to work it out? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Hypnos If this is a prebuilt system (Dell, Gateway, etc), the company that made it will have ...
Page: 2

Banned

Originally posted by Hypnos
    If this is a prebuilt system (Dell, Gateway, etc), the company that made it will have drivers on their website for everything.

If it was built, you need to find out what the name of the network card is (model and manufacturer both).. If the network adapter is built on to the motherboard, then you need the name of the motherboard.

If you can get me any more information, I or someone else can help you locate the driver you need.
    TYVM ILL GO CHECK IT OUT

Banned

ok so the computer itself is an IBM but the last time we have this problem we added a different NIC chip. i still have the original chip if u would prefer to check on that one. original chip - tonyo - FM-209L and some number under it (2k242z}

Originally posted by MagicWannaBe
    ok so the computer itself is an IBM but the last time we have this problem we added a different NIC chip. i still have the original chip if u would prefer to check on that one. original chip - tonyo - FM-209L and some number under it (2k242z}
    Try what i said with your older NIC card. I can't even find any info about Tonyo in general, let alone one of their products.

Banned

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-MagicWannaBe
    Try what i said with your older NIC card. I can't even find any info about Tonyo in general, let alone one of their products.[/b]
    that was the original chip and we dont have a disk with the drivers on it (trust me ive tried to get it) because my mom bought it from some guys shop not an actual computer store. the computer runs great and im not mad at my mom for not getting the disk cuz she doesnt know ANYTHING about computers and just wanted to make me happy ( dro if u even say anything anout that last sentence ill kill you h43r: )

hmm, whats the new NIC card?

P.S. - you kinda killed yourself with that last sentance

Banned

Originally posted by Shurt
    hmm, whats the new NIC card?

P.S. - you kinda killed yourself with that last sentance
    ill look at it

P.S. - i kinda want him to say something cuz im fucking bored as hell

Banned

new chip - M-TEK - H16101DF - 0332

Banned

Banned

ým ýs ýn næder ôf help plýs

Hypnos

Don't look at the chip. Look at the board. There's usually a name etched on to it towards the top of the card.

Banned

if u want that than its something like FOCE but it looks really wierd like the "o" has an "o" inside it and the E is like a rounder type thing. so its like...FOCE

Banned

and its the tonyo chip - TONYO - FM - 209L - 2K242Z - FOCE

Hypnos

I can't find anything on that Tonyo chip. The "FOCE" are approval logos. FCC and CE.

Does it show up in device manager with a name?

Banned

no in the device manager it just shows up as a big yellow "?". its labeled as "other devices" and heres what under it : Ethernet Controller , multimedia audio controller , SM BUS controller, video controller (VGA compatible)....im so lost right now.....its unbelieveable..

fede

Default driver scan

to find out about all your drivers and makes models ect.. just go to
    driveragent.com
    pitstop.com
    let them run a check
    they will give you all the info you need then to download a driver just copy it in to google and serch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast