Question about paypal

This is a discussion on Question about paypal within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; if someone buys item from me, through paypal, how long after payment he still can chargeback? i heared that after ...
Page: 1

Default Question about paypal

if someone buys item from me, through paypal, how long after payment he still can chargeback?
    i heared that after 24 hours he can't chargeback but also heared he can..
    can anyone tell me exectly all the pro paypal sellers?

Aqu

A turk charged me back 1 month and 3 days after paying me.

i guess paypal is not safe... <_<
    i put my SS+8 on ebay and someone bidded 425$ for it :blink:
    i think he simply want to take it and chargeback

Aqu

Just take the money into your bank account and you will be fine. Unfortunately I did that, then recieved another $200 into my paypal account, the same day the turk charged me back. So I lost the $200 I got from selling something totally different <_<

TunaFishyMe

aqu's case was different. The guy chargedback through his cc company. Complained he never made such a purchased. Once some guy chargedback on me, i said no! virtual item! eat that sucka! and he couldnt chargeback

Aqu

Indeed, however the point still remains that you can be chargedback, via paypal a long time after the initial transaction.

::CaM::

Originally posted by Aqu
    Just take the money into your bank account and you will be fine. Unfortunately I did that, then recieved another $200 into my paypal account, the same day the turk charged me back. So I lost the $200 I got from selling something totally different <_<
    Putting It in your bank account does nothing, You will still owe the money regardless....

EatMeTheMage

damn so what if i transfer money to bank?

and spend the money from bank with my card?

basicly no money in paypal+bank

Originally posted by EatMeTheMage
    damn so what if i transfer money to bank?

and spend the money from bank with my card?

basicly no money in paypal+bank

I guess they will send u a bill to pay or sumthin :unsure:

Lammer

LOL.. just use two paypal accounts. 1 for receiving the money and then transfer the money to your other paypal account. simply as that, even if he chargesback the 1st account will be negative.. but you've got your money already on your other account, free of chargeback.

Pls anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Aqu

Originally posted by ::CaM::+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(::CaM:</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Aqu
    Putting It in your bank account does nothing, You will still owe the money regardless....[/b]
    Indeed, however you just dont pay it.....

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Lammer
    LOL.. just use two paypal accounts. 1 for receiving the money and then transfer the money to your other paypal account. simply as that, even if he chargesback the 1st account will be negative.. but you've got your money already on your other account, free of chargeback.

Im curious of what happens if you dont pay. They can probably sue you lol

hej

1mounth i think it is and you can/should answer when you get a charged me back aganst you.
    Or take the right way and dont sell/buy game items fro real money.

Lammer

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunaFishyMe)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lammer

Im curious of what happens if you dont pay. They can probably sue you lol[/b]
    hmm don't think so, coz it wasn't you who withdraw the money. Was the guy that chargedback. If you file a complaint, and have "proofs" I think you're ok.
    Probably your account will just be blocked.

And.. if I don't have any money on my paypal acc the responsability or giving the money back to the scammer its paypal fault not mine. And how would they sue me? In my Paypal acc the only info that's related to me its my cc, wich isn't "normal".
    So I can create another Paypal account, just for receiving the money with absolutly no info about me or related to me.

This is kinda fishy I agree thou, but I see it as a normal check. Someone pays you with a check, you go to an ordinary bank pickup the money and go away (same thing if you transfer you money from 1 paypal account to another). Then the guy cancels the check (imagine its possible), what will the bank do? Give him the money back and then "sue" you for using the check? Or give the guy that canceled the check the middle finger? :lol: