lag in ko?

This is a discussion on lag in ko? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; alright i decided to make this topic finaly non of the topic i search'd for this didnt help me here's ...
Page: 1

alright i decided to make this topic finaly non of the topic i search'd for this didnt help me here's my Computer stats:

from the time 00:00-15:00 GMT+02:00)Jerusalem, i have completly no lag,i chekd out also Devil's suggestion To DDos the server router i had 1 with request time out , what i wantet to be helpd with is

1st.Ports for KO
    2nd.suggestion how to fix the lag problem(if it exist except opening ports)

Chances are you ports are already open, if not you wouldn't be albe to play KO

As for the lag, you could speak with your ISP try faster internet or getting them to check their systems

I get lag's but it's only during war really

ye that dosent realy a suggestion and ofc i talked to my isp alredy DUH
    shows how much u know lets take for example emule when u open ports it works on 500 k/b+ w/o max 300 and isnt stable
    and i got a lan network at my home/base dun think that is the problem though.

Actually I know a fair bit about IT considering, I did make a suggestion to fix. You made no notes that you had contacted your ISP therefore I suggested that as a fair step.

As for ports it's 15000, 15001 and 15100 (I think) for KO.

You should also make a note of what firewall you use, what router model you have, who your ISP is, what type of internet connection you have, what the U/L & D/L speeds are.

still no1 has a solution for me?>

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

it's hard to get help when one guy isn't giving his notes. lag in war is normal sometimes... is it every war?

still no1 has a solution for me?>[/b]
    Re-read the original post that I made in topic, reply with as much information as you can with regards to my questions and any information with which you can provide. Also you've noted that you don't get any lag between midday and 3pm your time, it's possible the servers might be empty(ish) at that time and the times you get lag are when it's busy
    - e.g when all the turks go to their net cafes and sign on.... anyways

Lag in KO can be described as several things.

The game lags when in war
    This is a mixture of PC and server. I've got a decent(ish) PC and I used to get no lag during the old boat wars. Now in the new wars, when it's a heavy nova fest I get a decent lag spike. This problem lies with K2's game and it's coding / servers. With regards to your computer to reduce it's lag
    > Turn down your graphics to a minimum
    > Update graphics + mobo drivers
    > Delete any nova / animation files
    > Defrag your HDD
    > Upgrade parts (faster HDD, better CPU, GPU etc)

The game lags when switching zones or using TP gates
    This lag is PC based, from what I can work out is based primarly on your hardware of your machine. What is happening is KO is reading data from the hard disk drive of computer and loading it into the RAM whilst the CPU is carrying out requests. So you have 3 factors to deal with if you really want to sort it out
    > Faster / More Powerful CPU
    > Faster / More RAM
    > Move the paging file from your HDD to another location
    > Defrag your HDD
    > Consider upgrading HDD if it's slow. A 5400RPM hdd would hinder performance compared to a 7200RPM. The same goes for onboard cache memory (16mb vs 32mb) or it's type of connection (SATA / EPATA / IDE, etc)

What you need mostly to solve THIS problem is a Hard Drive with a decent sized buffer (say 16mb) and VERY fast read / write speeds if you want fast loading times. Coupled with ultra fast RAM you'd be sorted.

The game lags when first loading character data
    This is reading data from HDD again, so follows same principal as above

The game lags when signing up to events
    This is server based lag as the servers are busy answering all requests. The only PC lag which can help is speeding up your internet connection and better graphics card.

I'll probs edit this post again when i think of more stuff, plus I'm always changing what I type