*.bat

This is a discussion on *.bat within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i have been wondering if there is a way to make a .bat (MS-DOS Batch File) play a *.wav file? ...
Page: 1

Flay

i have been wondering if there is a way to make a .bat (MS-DOS Batch File) play a *.wav file?
    is there a code for it.

And, is there a way to run a *.bat file in a webpage?

Hypnos

i have been wondering if there is a way to make a .bat (MS-DOS Batch File) play a *.wav file?
    is there a code for it.[/b]
    If you know what the user uses to play .wav files, yes. Like this might work for WMP:
    Code:
    @echo off
    C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe music.wav
    Of course, this is assuming C: is your drive.

But I'm not sure why you would want a batch file for that. A shortcut would most likely work better, but I really don't know what you want this for.

And, is there a way to run a *.bat file in a webpage?[/b]
    God no. That would be a huge security hole.

Flay

God no. That would be a huge security hole.[/b]
    yeah i know, but i intend this to be for my own use, not really for other ppl.
    the thing u said about the .wav didnt really work. :S

and, i dont really want to open media player or another player.
    ok how about this
    i know how to make a .exe program run a .wav file, is there a way i could run the batch file or convert the batch file code into c++ code?

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

yeah i know, but i intend this to be for my own use, not really for other ppl.
    the thing u said about the .wav didnt really work. :S[/b]
    ActiveX control.

Flay

what?

Hypnos

and, i dont really want to open media player or another player.
    ok how about this
    i know how to make a .exe program run a .wav file, is there a way i could run the batch file or convert the batch file code into c++ code?[/b]
    How exactly is it suppose to play if it won't be in a player? WAV files don't play themselves..

C++? If you're trying to add music or sound to a C++ application, you're going about it a horrible way.

system() is the function to execute a program in C++. You could put the batch lines in an array and run them through system() with a for each loop.

Again, I have to ask what exactly you're trying to accoplish? What is this for exactly?

Flay

telnet program >.<

He has a .bat file and wants it to play a .wav when a certain event happens. Try explaining what you&#39;re trying to do a little more clearly

bazzeeka

Code in C++ get a tutorial from google . Its probly like just coding a wmp file on a website you can hide the player but the file will still play.

Pwner4Last

shutdown -s

oke ?