Help my upgrade my pc

This is a discussion on Help my upgrade my pc within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; my computer is quite old now but still run game like COD4 on high w/o a probleem. to be exactly ...
Page: 1

KalaBunga Senior Member

my computer is quite old now but still run game like COD4 on high w/o a probleem.
    to be exactly how old it is 6 years now i was made end 2002.

i brought a few upgrade for it almost 1 year ahgo. a new AGP grapich card , ATI readon 3850 agp eddition
    and i brought like 2gb of DDR 400 ram.

now the thing is my sister is always on my computer cuase she says its not totaal mine cuase i got the motherboard / processor of my brother.

so i need some one to find me a good agp motherboard + cpu

i barely know anything about motherboards, anything else i could help you with :P

KalaBunga Senior Member

get on msn giga

aaa3

want a cheap one, buy a dual core (important!) celeron based on the core2duo architecture. want a modest one, get a c2d from the mid range, ask the guy in the shop which exactly. want a good one which will be enough for the future, get a 4-core(!) one. doesnt really matter which, only that it should be quad. well, if u get the 45nm ones its better but not neccessary. in this last case (ie when u want a good one) u might wanna get an amd phenom 4x too, it can be cheaper and the same good. hm... maybe in the mid range u could be well off with an amd 2core too.

get the cheapest NON-asrock motherboard which can take these processors, u can ask the guy in the shop too. only agp will be a bit problematic.... hm..... thing is u might only find such one in used condition from e-market websites. then, u will have to go for "socket 775" (if i remember correcty ;P, dont kill me if its not this number), and... this is not enough itself coz the older 775 mobos dont taking the new multicore procs, they were designed for the p4 :S in this case u will need an intel compatibility code to make things sure but sorry im lazy to help in this last one ;/

KalaBunga Senior Member

want a cheap one, buy a dual core (important!) celeron based on the core2duo architecture. want a modest one, get a c2d from the mid range, ask the guy in the shop which exactly. want a good one which will be enough for the future, get a 4-core(!) one. doesnt really matter which, only that it should be quad. well, if u get the 45nm ones its better but not neccessary. in this last case (ie when u want a good one) u might wanna get an amd phenom 4x too, it can be cheaper and the same good. hm... maybe in the mid range u could be well off with an amd 2core too.

get the cheapest NON-asrock motherboard which can take these processors, u can ask the guy in the shop too. only agp will be a bit problematic.... hm..... thing is u might only find such one in used condition from e-market websites. then, u will have to go for "socket 775" (if i remember correcty ;P, dont kill me if its not this number), and... this is not enough itself coz the older 775 mobos dont taking the new multicore procs, they were designed for the p4 :S in this case u will need an intel compatibility code to make things sure but sorry im lazy to help in this last one ;/[/b]
    ty ill give it a look today

ILoveYouToo

try newegg.com

Banned

Don&#39;t get an AGP video card lol >-< It&#39;s so old and most likely more expensive than PCI-E. Low to mid range PCI-e motherboards and video cards are dirt cheap nowadays

KalaBunga Senior Member

got this agp for a year now , im saving up for a new notebook now