ram helping video card

This is a discussion on ram helping video card within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Is there anyway to make my ram help my video card. I have a gb of ram, and a POS ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default ram helping video card

Is there anyway to make my ram help my video card. I have a gb of ram, and a POS onboard video card, so my fps is low(like 12-15). Anyway to make the ram like "assist" the video card?

Rentzusuken

Most of the BIOS manufacturers include options for that. Read the manual for your motherboard.

Nosferatu_Incognito

Check dxdiag to see what your currently running. In the start menu click on run then type "dxdiag". A program named DirectX Diagnostic Tool should upen, click on the Display tab on the top. Just below where the Display tab is there is a box that says Device, this is all the information on your graphics card including "Approx. Total Memory". That will be what you are currently setup for.

Banned

I know my graphics card memory, i need to know if i can put some ram into it XD

Nosferatu_Incognito

Well, you can't "add" more or suppliment your current memory with your computers RAM. Want more vid mem=different vid card.

Rentzusuken

Originally posted by Nosferatu_Incognito
    Well, you can't "add" more or suppliment your current memory with your computers RAM. Want more vid mem=different vid card.
    The graphics aperture setting in the BIOS specifies how much system RAM can be used to assist the onboard RAM. The gain is pretty much non-existent beyond 128MB.

tolgahan

i dont think it can help Rentzusuken

Hypnos

If it's an onboard video card, there usually is a feature to "share" the ram as video ram, and you can sometimes adjust the amount.

But if you have that feature, it just means you're polishing a peice of crap. Most good GPUs are not usually found in the onboard nature (meaning, built in to the motherboard instead of being a seperate card).