Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best way to stop rollbacks?

This is a discussion on Best way to stop rollbacks? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Having just lost a diamond ring in rollback on Diez yesterday having re-traded after the major global rollback, i'm wondering ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Default Best way to stop rollbacks?

Having just lost a diamond ring in rollback on Diez yesterday having re-traded after the major global rollback, i'm wondering what people's tips and tricks are for avoiding rollbacks?

I went through 9 TP gates after the trade and stayed online on the same server for about 15 mins (all I had time for in RL), but still I got rolled back and now the ring is gone (safe for a tiny chance a GM will track my trades and restore the item, but i'm not holding much hope in that.)

So what tips do you have for avoiding these rollbacks?

tolgahan

i dont think a tip can be coz datas are on their comp. you cant control anything.
    they ll rollback but you cant do anything..
    you may get some screenshot of your inn to improve your inventories but this could be hard to do this

Clerice

You got rolled back after DC or exiting the game? Im pretty sure your account info is updated when you properly exit the game (and get that picture of the girl with a sword on it as it's closing)

GoodGun

Default Re: Best way to stop rollbacks?

Originally posted by Chuck Norris
    Having just lost a diamond ring in rollback on Diez yesterday having re-traded after the major global rollback, i'm wondering what people's tips and tricks are for avoiding rollbacks? *

I went through 9 TP gates after the trade and stayed online on the same server for about 15 mins (all I had time for in RL), but still I got rolled back and now the ring is gone (safe for a tiny chance a GM will track my trades and restore the item, but i'm not holding much hope in that.)

So what tips do you have for avoiding these rollbacks?
    omfg ur sig is the funnyst thing i ever saw Arcshot ftw xD :lol:

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Originally posted by Clerice
    You got rolled back after DC or exiting the game? Im pretty sure your account info is updated when you properly exit the game (and get that picture of the girl with a sword on it as it's closing)
    I exited the game properly while sat in moradon. Logged back on to that character a couple of hours later and I was back in Eslant where I started last time I logged on.

Trii

after i get a good item, i just do a few trades with someone, give them one coin or something. cuz i think when u trade it autosaves.

tolgahan

Originally posted by Trii
    after i get a good item, i just do a few trades with someone, give them one coin or something. cuz i think when u trade it autosaves.
    i dont think this works. Coz The KOL admins replace the old backups with the normal datas.So if you seem you dont have that item in old backups you wont take it after rollback.
    sorry about My English

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

i'm not talking about the major rollback they did, i'm talking about the crappy random 10 minute rollbacks you get!

Banned Senior Member

wait 20-30 mins before logging off, after you trade items, go exp or go do a round of PK, by the time your done, feel free to log off/select char

tolgahan

Originally posted by Chuck Norris
    i'm not talking about the major rollback they did, i'm talking about the crappy random 10 minute rollbacks you get!
    hmm sorry.
    it was auto saving every 10 mins.but you can save whenever you want with the new page.
    did i miss again ? :P

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

/save is disabled again now though, so "saving whenever you want" isn't an option... So we just gotta do the whole "wait 30 mins" thing man that sucks

tolgahan

my friend said now "there is no problem i can save and there is a "save" on command menu"
    he plays USKO

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

yes save appears on the menu, but it doesn't DO anything.

it used to say "character data saved" when you use it, now it sits there like a lemon.

tolgahan

hmm i dont know .it works for me. i tried. i dress some staff then saved and reseted ps then logined but it had dreses on it
    i dont know what is wrong about your pc or connection

Originally posted by tolgahan
    hmm i dont know .it works for me. i tried. i dress some staff then saved and reseted ps then logined but it had dreses on it
    i dont know what is wrong about your pc or connection
    huh?

/save was disabled since some used it as part of a duping process. You don't have to /save for it to save, it was jsut a way people used to force it to save. Logging off then logging back in and seeing the same stuff on you doesnt mean save worked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast