PC Sux

This is a discussion on PC Sux within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm wondering if any tech guru's have any ideas on how to make the gameplay run and apear better with ...
Page: 1

Banned

I'm wondering if any tech guru's have any ideas on how to make the gameplay run and apear better with a bit less lag. I know that my pc sux and i'm gonna have to deal with it.

I gotta Celeron® CPR 2 GHz 512 RAM and onbaord Intell Graphics Chipset. Run at 1024X768. My pc Is an old HP that was nice at one point, but it's like 6 years outdated and obviously not made for gaming. :P

I've messed with the graphics settings ingame, have all settings on "Low". I'm curious about the "Distance of effect" and "Number of effect". Not sure what they do or how I should have them set.

I dont like messing with visibility range because i've lowered it, and it helped make things appear smoother, but couldn't see far enough (which tottally sux in pk).

I defrag and use regedit (CCleaner) often. I only have 27 processes running at any given time, but when KO is running, my CPU usage is at %100. For instance, if i'm ingame and get pmed on Trillion, the screen in KO freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds. I need to have my McAfee and Vent goin, but other then that, not much goin on. So with that said, I'm pretty sure my CPU and graphics chipset have there work cut out for them when i'm gaming. Any ideas on how I can smooth thing out a bit?

P.S. will accept advise or gýfted unused pc -->will pay shippin costs

MillionVoices

Your System made for tetris. 4get about KO on it.

Banned Senior Member

Unless your using a Dual Core System, KO will ALWAYS use 100% of your CPU, it's just a poorly coded game. Also you only have 512mb of ram on your computer, AND onboard graphics. You have alot of processes running at the same time, my PC doesnt even have near 27 going at once

I'd suggest a new PC, you can get one 4x better then your current computer for a few hundred dollars

Ki1laH

I played with LESS, and owned...you can, but it will be hard and will suck and make you want to quit.

Do what I did, get dual core...have yet to really play with this new system, but you won't regret it.

MillionVoices

I played with LESS, and owned...you can, but it will be hard and will suck and make you want to quit.

Do what I did, get dual core...have yet to really play with this new system, but you won't regret it.[/b]
    u cant own with 5 fps

Ki1laH

Banned

not really what i was lookin for but okay. . .

MillionVoices

I think me and you have a different defination of what it means to own.

Ki1laH

I think me and you have a different defination of what it means to own.[/b]
    If being the #1 warrior on pathos until I quit, and #1 warrior on edana until I quit isn't own...then you have a very skewed definition. Because I did that on both servers on that shitty comp. Never lost a 1v1 to anybody either...that is a series.

Jay

killah's comp is from the anceint times unless he fixed it... muther fucker used to lagg out of his ass even if he got tped