Black Screen with Laptop

This is a discussion on Black Screen with Laptop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I've just recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled knight online and it runs fine. But if i alt tab to ...
Page: 1

You_Got_Pwn

I've just recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled knight online and it runs fine. But if i alt tab to another program like msn, firefox or media player, and close the laptop lid and go afk, everytime i come back and try to alt tab back into knight online the screen is black. I can see the knight online mouse cursor, but nothing else but a black screen.

I didnt have this problem before the reformat, so i have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

first of all do u have vista? I had the same problem, every time i closed the lid, KO screen turned black. So if i left the char merchanting over night and wanted to see what I sold in the morning, had to restart the game. I tried many ways and couldn't solve it although I am good with computers. So ultimately I just gave up and didn't close the lid over night. It might have something to do with the Vista Aero vs Basic theme.

I have the same problem with Windows XP. For this reason i cant merchant while im in thwe student hostel. I have to go home and use my desk pc to merch.

You_Got_Pwn

yep i have vista... anyone else have this problem and fixed it?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Try putting KO into windowed mode before you do this... it might be an issue with re-initialising DirectX full screen mode. When you have it in windowed mode, it only will try to do this operation when you then return the game to full screen.

Also make sure your screensaver and screen power saver are disabled.

You_Got_Pwn

um, yea ive disabled screen saver but what is the screen power saver? cant find it...

Well after i disabler screen saver, do i just:

Run knight online with window mode
    Then close it and run with full screen?

Thanks