Black screen ( WinXP doesnt load!)

This is a discussion on Black screen ( WinXP doesnt load!) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well i had this desktop P4 3.06Ghz 128MB grafik card (Shared) 512MB RAM 160 HARD DRIVE eMachineS T5048 ---------- Well ...
Page: 1

TheRealPimp

Well i had this desktop
    P4 3.06Ghz
    128MB grafik card (Shared)
    512MB RAM
    160 HARD DRIVE
    eMachineS T5048
    ----------
    Well i tried to turn it on and the BIOS loads and after that, its all a dark screen. I cant even see the WinXp Boot screen.
    i tried to reformat the computer the CD boots "PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD_" and the its says " CHEKCING YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATION or w/e.
    you cna hear the CD running in the drive but the screen is just all black till i turn it off. I cant access the Safe Mode.
    What cna be the problem and how to fix it PLZ!

Strike

sounds like either you got corrupted system32 files, corrupted video drivers or your on-board gfx is shot.

1) if you can try repairing first instead of formatting since that will most likely fix any system32 file errors.

2) if its corrupted video drivers you should be able to load into safe mode. spam f6 or f8(which ever it might be for your system) even if you can not see anything and see if it loads up at all.

3) if its a dead gfx card.... you are hosed and are gonna have to buy a new motherboard but in your case might be cheaper to go with a new computer. this is the most probable cause though as I had something similar happen this past fall and once I replaced one of my bad cards the problem was solved.