Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fps in game (in war or moradon etc)

This is a discussion on fps in game (in war or moradon etc) within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hi all , ive been wondering is there is a way to improve the "lagness" when in war or in ...
Page: 1

yamato

Default fps in game (in war or moradon etc)

hi all ,

ive been wondering is there is a way to improve the "lagness" when in war or in moradon.

basically when im shopping in moradon , my fps can be as low as 6-8fps, not to mention when waiting to go war.

just wonder if any of you facing the same problem or it is just my old pc just cant live to the game standards (which i think unlikely)

heres my pc specs:

ATI Radeon HD4670 512MB (correction)
    2x2GB ddr2 667 mhz RAM
    intel pentium D 930 3Ghz processors (correction)
    ==============================================
    the rest i think its less important ... but here it is :

ASUS P5LD2 SE Motherboard
    Logitech MX518 mouse
    Logitech G15 Keyboard (old version)
    Windows XP sp3
    internet connection : Boradband 1mpbs
    ==============================================

thats it hope for some reply , thansk in advance
    Last edited by yamato; 02-03-2010 at 07:43 AM.

ngojceta

your computer is too weak for KO, but everyone has low fps in really crowded areas so there's no helping that

Your computer is more than fine for KO
    I have a better processor than yours (intel e5200 dual core 2.5ghz), same graphic card(btw it's HD4670, you made a typo), and 2x1gb of ram 800mhz, and i run it cool. windows xp too...
    one of the most important things is your PSU (power supply). open your computer, and write here the brand, how much watt (like 400w, 350w etc) and look if there's a table, then search +12V rail on the table, and tell us how many A(amper) in the +12V.

the 2 most power consumpting parts (processor and graphic card) get the power from the +12V.
    your processor is a real power eater, there are newer processors like mine which are much stronger, and their power consumption is much lower. (newer technology :P)
    your graphics card has a very good performance/power consumption ratio, and it's more than strong enough to run KO on good fps.
    Last edited by ThanksMor; 02-02-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Richie

My PC specs arent the greatest, but i have absolutely no lag ingame other than server lag.
    I get around 50-65 fps in the most crowded parts of moradon.
    im running..
    Windows7 Ultimate x86
    Intel Celeron CPU E1400 @2.00GHz
    Intel Celeron CPU E1400 @2.00GHz
    2.00GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
    my PSU says 450watt

My last PC had a bit more grunt than this one, but KO was always quite choppy That PC was running an ATI Radeon x1650

Im thinking ATI is not fully compatible with KO. Discuss?

ngojceta

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    Im thinking ATI is not fully compatible with KO. Discuss?
    +1
    I recently discovered that when I close ati catalyst I can have much more fps ingame (tested on a private server)
    Let's say that I had an average of 70 fps when I'm solo... when I disabled it, my fps jumped to 150+ when I'm solo in bowl with high details, it's around 60-80 when there's a lot of ppl. It's a pretty sick difference.
    Btw, I use TuneUp Utilities 2010 to optimize my computer and you can use start up manager to disable ati there...

yamato

Quote Originally Posted by ngojceta View Post
    +1
    I recently discovered that when I close ati catalyst I can have much more fps ingame (tested on a private server)
    Let's say that I had an average of 70 fps when I'm solo... when I disabled it, my fps jumped to 150+ when I'm solo in bowl with high details, it's around 60-80 when there's a lot of ppl. It's a pretty sick difference.
    Btw, I use TuneUp Utilities 2010 to optimize my computer and you can use start up manager to disable ati there...

i used tune up utilities 2010 aswell, but if u disable the catalyst ,will there be any problems? it is to my understanding that catalyst is the controller that tweaks the graphics performance ?

btw sorry for typo , it is HD 4670

as for the +12,

my power supply got 2 which is

1. +12(1)= 14A
    2. +12(2)= 15A

as for the wattage , my psu can support 430 watt in theory , as it is max power not real type (cooler master brand Extreme 430 if not mistaken... abit old :P)

so overall , should be 29A if i calculated correctly?

oh btw correction , my processor is pentium D 930.
    Last edited by yamato; 02-03-2010 at 04:44 AM.

ngojceta

Quote Originally Posted by yamato View Post
    i used tune up utilities 2010 aswell, but if u disable the catalyst ,will there be any problems? it is to my understanding that catalyst is the controller that tweaks the graphics performance ?
    Well, catalyst sure helps if you want good graphics, but in KO it's not much of a difference really... and it can help your fps if you disable it so...

yamato

Well, catalyst sure helps if you want good graphics, but in KO it's not much of a difference really... and it can help your fps if you disable it so...

i see , i would like to try it , but i only know to use "turbo mode" in tuneup ,

if it is possible , can u show me the steps to disable it ?
    i assume it has something to do with the turbo mode settings?.

thx in advance

ngojceta

TuneUpUtilities-> Increase performance(All functions)-> Configure system start.
    It has nothing to do with Turbo Mode

yamato

TuneUpUtilities-> Increase performance(All functions)-> Configure system start.
    It has nothing to do with Turbo Mode

thanks for the info.

i have tried to disabled the ccc but somehow the result is still the same , when in moradon , i most fps i get is like 6-10 .

and advise?

ngojceta

Quote Originally Posted by yamato View Post
    thanks for the info.

i have tried to disabled the ccc but somehow the result is still the same , when in moradon , i most fps i get is like 6-10 .

and advise?
    just like I thought...
    It can only help the ones who already have a great computer. I think my fps was locked on 75 or w/e and when I disabled catalyst there was no more limit. My brother also has a weaker comp, and he has the same problem

so this wont be able to help me? im running a quad core e6600 with a hd4800 or summat graphics card. also 4gb ddr3 ram

ngojceta

Quote Originally Posted by BufferdYa View Post
    so this wont be able to help me? im running a quad core e6600 with a hd4800 or summat graphics card. also 4gb ddr3 ram
    It can only help the ones who already have a great computer.
    I dunno if you consider your comp as great, but I certainly do. 4gb ram...

oh my bad, i read it as it wont help if you already great computer. will give it a try later if i can get ko working when i get home.

Gorila

Gotta admit that this power thing rreally helped me.I got almost the same problem with 98% exact PC configuration (i use nvidia gforce 9500 GT) and i used 300w power unit.Earlier this morning i bought 500w and installed it and must say that my FPS incresed about 8-10 times.From 4-5 to 35-40 FPS in Moradon-Server1.I also increased game resolution 2 max and turned on all efects and didnt notice any change.Still have arround 35 FPS.
    Im happy now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast