blue screen

This is a discussion on blue screen within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i'm getting blue screen after press "start"...
Page: 1

XXShaka2592

Post blue screen

i'm getting blue screen after press "start"

Donkey88

Quote Originally Posted by XXShaka2592 View Post
    i'm getting blue screen after press "start"
    similar to what happens to me except for me everything freezes. Just happened after this new patch right?

It's happening to me too either when i click launch from the launcer or when i press the start icon when choosing my character. it was working fine before until i had to reinstall my whole windows OS due to issues unrelated to KO itself.
    However i managed to login to my actual character like once or twice but i have no idea how that happened.

I shutdown and deleted all my third party programs like Avira and also added the KO folder to my windows firewall's exception list.

It's ironic i started getting these blue screen problems right after patch 1837 which stated that it FIXED this particular issue.

I believe the issue is in connection with the APR.sys file located somewhere in the main KO folder...

The KO team should really get to fixing this problem ASAP because so many users across the glove are also facing this and some of us are paying for premium services.

fugar

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

A friend of mine contacted me yesterday with the same problem.
    Since he had only experienced this problem after the 1837 patch, I do believe that the problem lies in the KnightOnline.exe (since the 1837 patch contains nothing but that exe file)

I recommend that you download the previous patch (1836) from:
    ftp://download.knightonlineworld.com/knight/upgrade

Extract nothing but the KnightOnline.exe from the patch1836.zip, throw it in the knight online folder and replace the one from 1837.

I'm not 100% sure that this will work, but I told my friend to try this and he himself claims that it works.

You might want to save a backup of the 1837 exe incase it doesnt work (althought you could just redownload it from the ftp above)

It's worth a try isin't it?

XXShaka2592

gilius4u

Quote Originally Posted by fugar View Post
    It's happening to me too either when i click launch from the launcer or when i press the start icon when choosing my character. it was working fine before until i had to reinstall my whole windows OS due to issues unrelated to KO itself.
    However i managed to login to my actual character like once or twice but i have no idea how that happened.

I shutdown and deleted all my third party programs like Avira and also added the KO folder to my windows firewall's exception list.

It's ironic i started getting these blue screen problems right after patch 1837 which stated that it FIXED this particular issue.

I believe the issue is in connection with the APR.sys file located somewhere in the main KO folder...

The KO team should really get to fixing this problem ASAP because so many users across the glove are also facing this and some of us are paying for premium services.

fugar

That is exactly what i did and im having this problem too. right after i click Start in the launcher, blue screen comes up and i cant press ANYTHING, no task manager, ALT and f4 dont work, esc butotn doesnt, i can just press the restart butotn to restart my pc and tyr again. this problem started to appear at 06 August 2010 right today, straight after i reinstalled my windows. will try downling an earlier patch, hopefully this will solve it. if there are any other solutions to fix this problem please write it here! thank u!

Mes

lol... i had same but i didnt get any help..

windows reinstal helped me xDD