Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Browser/Computer problem/s.

This is a discussion on Browser/Computer problem/s. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ever since a few days ago my browser ( tried both IE and FF, both the same ) have been ...
Page: 1

Ever since a few days ago my browser ( tried both IE and FF, both the same ) have been fucking up.
    Some bugs, which all started at once no matter how small:
    Fonts got larger on certain things.
    Any link give to me from a search engine will re-direct me to another advertism site.
    I have to wait for a page to be completely loaded before i can click on another link.
    Search engines are fucking slow.
    Can't upload stuff.

I've done a NOD32 virus scan and a few spyware scans and gotten nothing, reinstalled FF twice on different versions and nothing, IE does the same anyway.

Any solutions? :x

Strike

what programs do you have you detect the spyware?

windows malicous software remover D:

Strike

try this spyware remover: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    it's free and it works on most of your basic stuff.

try this spyware remover: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    it's free and it works on most of your basic stuff.[/b]
    hehe seems like i cant use that link as whatever "spyware" i have blocks that site out..
    i have no internet site restricitons but it seems when i go onto a site like that or even any anti virus site it blocks it with the error

"Connection Interrupted

The document contains no data.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

Strike

turn off your current anti-virus and then try. if that doesn't work try going to this site: http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/trialpay.html and if that works download the bitdefender v10(left hand side of screen, NOT 2009( i don't think your comp can handle 2009)

My antivirus aint blocking it i tried...
    That website is blocked by this spyware so useless to me... :/
    tried panda active scan.. blocked
    ALL BLOCKED

Strike

this one blocked too? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...er/default.mspx

if it is you need to restart your comp and go into safe mode. from there run NOD32 to do a full scan of everything on your comp. it looks like this is a trojan virus thats downloading lots of spyware and stuff to slow your comp down. if you do find something and it doesn't auto delete it, make sure you write down exactly where the file is so you can manually get rid of it and then re-run the scanner. if it still doesn't work you may need to do a format and start over from scratch :S

this one blocked too? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...er/default.mspx

if it is you need to restart your comp and go into safe mode. from there run NOD32 to do a full scan of everything on your comp. it looks like this is a trojan virus thats downloading lots of spyware and stuff to slow your comp down. if you do find something and it doesn't auto delete it, make sure you write down exactly where the file is so you can manually get rid of it and then re-run the scanner. if it still doesn't work you may need to do a format and start over from scratch :S[/b]
    link works but i already did that scan and it showed clean
    gonna do ad-aware scan then do safe mode

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

When you are done scanning with Ad-Aware also use the following spyware removal software.

Spyware Search&Destroy

Code:
    http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1043809773/1/1219959433.3aa79e7988a1d71e1ba4980cb2dfdcde39c026ee/spybotsd160.exe
    You might want to install addon called NoScript for FireFox, if you need help using it just let me know. It'll pretty much block every script on the website hence making your browser/PC safer.

Code:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

spyware search and destory dont work for me
    it has to do updates and this thing blocks that :X

ad-aware picked up some crap .. problem is still here
    any other solutions?

Strike

if you wrote down what they were and where they were located you can go into the folder and delete the file yourself. DO NOT let the adware program do it because it's probally not deleting it fully( ***note: do this in safe mode***). if it still keeps coming back then the trojan downloader is probally hiding in your system32 files and you need a more updated detector to find it or you might have to adjust the setting on your scanner to scan all files+folders, even those that are hidden.

if that doesn't work you could try using the "go-back to date" feature on XP or Vista, if you know what day the problem started, and was set to go back that far, and set it 1 or 2 days before the issues began.

At this point without actually seeing what's happening i can't be much more help(i suck at explaining how to fix stuff anyway and prefer to just do it with the least amount of explaination possible) there is always the good old fassion format C: option if all else fails.

mjollner

best idea = starting in safemode, only the absolute bare essential of your system will be started, then run your scans, if they find it, and you still have the same problem, google the virus name given to you (from safemode) as they often have some subactive sections of code elsewhere that produce the active code found by the antivirus/spyware software and if that failsthe one stop shop to fix all things virus.... format C:

okey...
    nod32 in safe mode and normal mode = nothing
    3-4 microsoft scans = nothing
    ad-aware x2 = some crap
    spy doctor = nothing...

so yeah, how do i rollback my system

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast