Buying new computer help..

This is a discussion on Buying new computer help.. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so im gonna buy a new computer tommrow but not sure what look for ram/ prosseror ghz graphic card i ...
Page: 1

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

Default Buying new computer help..

so im gonna buy a new computer tommrow but not sure what look for ram/ prosseror ghz graphic card

i seen a bunch of people complaining that there new computer lags and knowing my luck i have a feeling mine will to in morodon etc. and during novas i play mage so i dont want this

my computer will have

atleast 4 gb ram

but not sure what minnimum prosseour speed i should get (is anything above 2.0ghz good enough?)

and for the graphic card i heard anything is fine as long as its amd or nvidia is this true?

i know this is supposed to be in tech support but no1 looks there and getting cpu tommrow so need some quick help

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member

inb4grammerpolice

2.0 ghxz is kinda low for a cpu dude you should get at least 3.0 which are not expansive much now, and ya 4 gb of ram is enough.

Im defenitly not a pro in pc but here is what i have

processor: amd FX-4130 quad core 3.8 ghz ( overclockable )
    4 gb of ram
    nvidia geforce gts 450 1 gb ram
    and i dont know exactly the name of my motherboard but its and MSI one

with that build i never lag ingame( unless the server lag ) and takes only few secs to log-in change city

4 GB of RAM is actually fairly low by today's standards, given how cheap it is. That said, go for 8 GB as default, and 16 GB if you have the extra 50-80$ to spare (its a great investment, also assuming your OS is Win7 64-bit). Other than RAM, the next most important thing would be hard drive; if you can afford it, go for SSD drives of 160-256 GB, they should be cheap enough now to be mainstream.

Since you don't seem to be one to dabble in computers much, and wouldn't know where to begin with me having stated all that, check out the buying guide found here: TechSpot PC Buying Guide - TechSpot

It's a great site, and especially friendly for non-geeks :P. Check it out and good luck!

3rd gen K series i7
    8+GB ram
    defenatly nvidia 600 series
    ssd for system + some TB's for data storage
    should be ok for few years

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

atleast 4GB ram
    atleast quad core/i5 with 3.0++ ghz
    1gb+ graphic card
    get SSD Harddisk to make it start/read much faster
    (get a normal SATA harddisk as 2nd so u still have the GBS/TBS u need)

Little archer Senior Member

Which kind of games do you want to run? Which performance are you looking for? Top tier, or just average?

Because video cards are more than just "1 gb" or "this model/series will do", Gotta verify motherboard pci express compatibility (x16, 2.0, 3.0), PSU requirements, memory type (dd3, ddr5) and other stuff.

Same could be said about ram and the compatibility with motherboard / processor. I still don't have it very clear but I could look it up. Ideally each type of ram works better if their frequency (mhz) is compatible with the processor. that's where it gets complex. Oh, and also whether they are ddr, ddr2 or ddr3 (that's secondary though, because ddr and ddr2 are kinda obsolete)

As for the processors, you've got to make sure that they are in the right socket on the motherboard. (right manufacturer too)

Most of this is kinda useless if you're gonna buy an already built pc... but at least you won't get scammed this way lol.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Validating

Well If you could please post how much you are looking to spend on purchasing a new computer. I have built many computers in the past and I am probably the biggest nerd that I know and have 8 years experience in the IT field. Also specify if you want to build a computer or purchase a computer. Now I am going to quickly go over the pro's to building a computer. Saves hundreds of dollars in comparison to actually buying a pre-built system, it is a fun project, higher quality parts with usually a longer warranty. Also I learned how to build my first system at around the age of 12 so It is really not complicated at all. However due to the fact your not tech savy I am going to post a couple options here that are pre-built systems.

Now this is a solid pc, you would be able to play KO on it well. However it is midrange and hence also the cheap pricetag. You would more then likely still lag in CSW if you were going to use this PC.

Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2140 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-6100(3.3GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity Nvidia Geforce GT 610 1GB Windows 8 499.99

Now this is a computer I would recommend to a friend who is looking for no lag in KO at all.

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme NE721i Desktop PC Intel Core i5 3350P(3.10GHz) 8GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB Windows 8 649.99

If you have any questions feel free to add my msn at [email protected].

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Validating

Also to the people stating that most important things in a PC is the hard drive and the memory they are idiots. A gaming computer is MAINLY based on the graphics card and secondly the cpu. The hard drive will allow you to load in the zones quicker as well as loading the game. Now also I am not stating having a good amount of ram is not important however 4gb of 1600mhz or higher will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewCulverized View Post
    Also to the people stating that most important things in a PC is the hard drive and the memory they are idiots. A gaming computer is MAINLY based on the graphics card and secondly the cpu. The hard drive will allow you to load in the zones quicker as well as loading the game. Now also I am not stating having a good amount of ram is not important however 4gb of 1600mhz or higher will do just fine.
    true that!

You need a price range. If purchasing a pre-built computer, make sure it's an i3+ (i5 is perfect for anything), 8GB of RAM is plenty, and a graphics card that is 1GB or higher. That'll run most games pretty smoothly.

If building your own, it's an entire different story.

Price ranges help.

Banned Senior Member

Post up a budget, and let us know if you plan on going custom build. These two things alone would help recommending a machine to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    Post up a budget, and let us know if you plan on going custom build. These two things alone would help recommending a machine to you.
    you're fat 10 chars