Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Buying new Graphics Card

This is a discussion on Buying new Graphics Card within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Don`t buy any GTS with 320 or 640mb. Its old now, and compared to the 2nd version(GT) uses more electricity(sounds ...
Page: 2

Volcanic

Don`t buy any GTS with 320 or 640mb. Its old now, and compared to the 2nd version(GT) uses more electricity(sounds daft, but if its on 24/7 you`ll notice)
    8600 is crap.

Its up to you at the end of the day, personally, I`d wait for the 9*** series, its not going to be long, or look at Radeon 3850/3870(Not as good as 8800GT though).
    This should help http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/graphics-car...ew-29792-6.html.

As Festo said, make sure your PSU has enough amps/watts to deliver.

evilwevel

yeah, i think you should atleast have a 350W PSU, altough most modern cases come with 500W, wich should be more then enough (except ofcourse if you're going for some SLI configuration)

DesireablE

As Festo said, make sure your PSU has enough amps/watts to deliver.[/b]
    how do i find this out? make it i like a graphics card, how do i make sure my computer and psu is usable with it?

evilwevel

i guess you could start adding power supplu usage of all your hardware.....

or just buy a 500W power supply. it doesn't cost that much and you know you don't have to worry about that part.

Volcanic

how do i find this out? make it i like a graphics card, how do i make sure my computer and psu is usable with it?[/b]
    Open up you pc, and look on the side of the PSU. Look for the the amps delivered on the 12v rail. If you`ve got a decent one, you`ll have 2 12v rails. Add them together and thats it.
    Depending on the card you want, you`ll need up to around 30amps for a single card, and more if you want SLI/Crossfire. Also, you should use this to work out your wattage requirements http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp
    Spend a few dollars and it`ll work out your amperage requirements too
    DO NOT go out and buy a cheap 500w PSU, it will be shit, and if it dies, they have a nasty habit of taking the rest of the system with them. Also, think of your electric bill. A PSU thats efficent will save you money in the long term.

Google PSU reviews, they`ll help you understand more.

angrybahamut

u overclock?

EN8600GT Silent 256 MB costs around 250$, Awesome for games[/b]
    Or Geforce 8600 GTS cheaper, And it needs extra electricity

evilwevel

the GT is better then the GTS and the price diffrence isn't that big.

hej

ATI 3870 or Nvidia 8800GT / GTS with 512MB (new chipset)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12