Buying a new monitor... help please

This is a discussion on Buying a new monitor... help please within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi there, Need the help of someone who has the game on their pc. I am gonna buy a new ...
Page: 1

brastel

Hi there,

Need the help of someone who has the game on their pc. I am gonna buy a new monitor soonish, and need to know which resolution settings USKO has set up in the options section that you can access after clicking on the USKO shortcut or what not. If anyone can just take a quick peak and list them here in this topic I will be very happy. Dont think it will be a big deal, but was wondering what the number were...think the first is 1024x748 or so? but dont remember the others and want to match up with a higher res than the base one.

Hell, any other hints or things I should be looking for? VGA vs. DVI? makers ? price range for 17-22"?

Thanks for taking the time

shankster

toshiba, viewsonic, lg, etc etc, any major manufacturer makes LCD screens, typically you want one with a response time below 2ms as to anything above that, you can see ghosting and such on your images, VGA is a more blurry, dull image, DVI is more vibrant, sharper, crisper etc etc, just overall a higher quality of image.

i would also get a normal aspect screen instead of a widescreen, they may be sort of hard to come by, but all the normal games people play, don't support widescreen monitors, thus, leaving things a tad stretched and retarded looking.

price ranges are somewhere between 150-350$ depending on size, manufacturer, etc,

all i can say on the matter is get a normal aspect one, not widescreen, get one with a 2ms response time OR LOWER. and get one that supports DVI (that is, if you have the dvi socket on your video card)

evilwevel

most modern games do support wide screen resolutions because most people buy wide screens these days ofcourse if you&#39;re only going to play old games such as KO you&#39;re better off with a normal resolution. just try getting a screen with the highest contrast ratio (2000:1 and up), response time doesn&#39;t have to be < 2ms, 5ms is more then good enough.

hej

4:3 monitor for KO like 19" but preferably is a CRT monitor because then you can use what ever resolution you like and what ever hz you want (almost), but its hard to get a crt now days

shankster

toshiba, viewsonic, lg, etc etc, any major manufacturer makes LCD screens, typically you want one with a response time below 2ms as to anything above that, you can see ghosting and such on your images, VGA is a more blurry, dull image, DVI is more vibrant, sharper, crisper etc etc, just overall a higher quality of image.

i would also get a normal aspect screen instead of a widescreen, they may be sort of hard to come by, but all the normal games people play, don&#39;t support widescreen monitors, thus, leaving things a tad stretched and retarded looking.

price ranges are somewhere between 150-350$ depending on size, manufacturer, etc,

all i can say on the matter is get a normal aspect one, not widescreen, get one with a 2ms response time OR LOWER. and get one that supports DVI (that is, if you have the dvi socket on your video card)[/b]

its a known fact that EVERY SINGLE GAME supports a normal aspect monitor, while not all games support widescreen. SO SHIT WILL NEVER LOOK FUCKED UP WITH A NORMAL ASPECT MONITOR ^_^

evilwevel

but those squarish things suck when you want to see a movie.

shankster

i actually like it, i&#39;m not a big fan of letter box or widescreen anythings.

brastel

i actually like it, i&#39;m not a big fan of letter box or widescreen anythings.[/b]

Thanks for everyones input, I went with a normal screen 19 inch 5 ms 2000:1 resolution. Looks great, almost too good really. Glad I didnt go for the wide screen, tested them in the store, teh stretchy thing was no good.

I play on 22" monitor its fu$#@#great go go buy 22" my is belinea model but if ill get more cash ill buy samsung

Banned

damn thats sexy ;o

i play on 19 inc. but every now and then i hook my PC up to my 52 inc. plasma tv ;o ( mostly when i want to watch a bootlegged movie online ;D )

rokertje

i play on a Sony FWD-32LX1/S Silver 32" works fine for me :lol:

Banned Senior Member

If KO was supported for 16:9 games ( widescreen ) then it&#39;d be even better. My monitor is a regular 19" LCD, however I pretty much replaced it with my 32" tv in the living room. I dont know if KO can support 1920x1080 for HD playing from a DVI or HDMI cable from the pc to a monitor/tv, I didn&#39;t have my LCD tv back when I played KO