Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying a new video card

This is a discussion on Buying a new video card within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Alright I know pretty much nothing about video cards or computers in general, but I am buying a new video ...
Page: 1

Alright I know pretty much nothing about video cards or computers in general, but I am buying a new video card and I need some help/suggestions. I don't have the specs for my comp. right now because I am on vacation but I know the general shit; Quad core processor and 4 gigs of ram.

I am looking to get the best bang for my buck. Looking to spend $150-200 at most.

I really don't play any games that require a crazy video card or anything (L4D and TF2), but I might get the new Wolfenstein and play that competitively so yeah.

The card suggested by a few friends is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...%20Superclocked or if you're too lazy to look; EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail.

This seems like a pretty good deal. $175 after rebates, free CoD: WaW, lifetime warranty, etc.

Anyone else wanna help me?

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

with this one pacman runs really smooth (Y)

J/k
    google this one:
    "Zotac GTX260 Synergy Edition" very sexy card and its cheap ^^

edit: i just clicked now the link in your post xD, u got already the right one my friend

with this one pacman runs really smooth (Y)
    J/k
    google this one:
    "Zotac GTX260 Synergy Edition" very sexy card and its cheap ^^

edit: i just clicked now the link in your post xD, u got already the right one my friend[/b]
    So you think that card is the best in it's price range?

up

sapphire radeon 4870
    or can pay the extra for evga 4870

i built computer for my friend with 2x 4870 sapphires and he runs crysis on normal settings with 60fps constant "he didnt disable vsync so don't know how high he can run it on"

evilwevel

sapphire radeon 4870
    or can pay the extra for evga 4870

i built computer for my friend with 2x 4870 sapphires and he runs crysis on normal settings with 60fps constant "he didnt disable vsync so don't know how high he can run it on"[/b]
    doesn't matter. if he's stable at 60 it's good. any values over 60 are just for show on a 60hz screen.

i went for the gtx 260 as well, i prefer nvidea cards over ati because i've had some problems with ati cards in the past. The card you linked will do fine on high settings.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

i would go for it.
    And dont buy a ati pls they suck atm

Alright I bought the GTX260.

Now I need a good, cheap PSU with at least 500w and 12v 36amp

I'm retarded with this stuff. Sigh.

Alright I bought the GTX260.

Now I need a good, cheap PSU with at least 500w and 12v 36amp

I'm retarded with this stuff. Sigh.[/b]
    yea, go cheap - Then wonder why the cap's blow. ^^

Never cheap out on a Power Supply, its very important to get a good PSU unless you wan't to put your computer at risk.

I would suggest a Corsair 550W PSU, but if your really stripped on cash then you could get the Rosewill 550W for $50.

Never cheap out on a Power Supply, its very important to get a good PSU unless you wan't to put your computer at risk.

I would suggest a Corsair 550W PSU, but if your really stripped on cash then you could get the Rosewill 550W for $50.[/b]
    I have to agree with ya, Cheap things can really fuck you over. The last few powersupplys I bought cheap, Would go a week and the caps would blow.

Banned Senior Member

The ati 4xxx series are pretty good sames

dual 4870 ati&#39;s r one of best atm for <400 price range, or u could spend the 600+ and get dual sli geforce cards that r insane lol

GangS

i went for Nvidia Gforce 9800GT overclocked u can get the card for 160 ish and i can run the game with 275 fps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast