calling all computer wizards . PLEASE HELP!

This is a discussion on calling all computer wizards . PLEASE HELP! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i get to 99% at chaacter data then the peace sof shit just stops uploading . goes the the screen ...
Page: 1

seanthesharkJR

i get to 99% at chaacter data then the peace sof shit just stops uploading . goes the the screen where u close KO .. then my comp restarts ... any ideas any 1

ive got KO . on exceptions on my firewall settings

Strider

trying turning firewall of all together

also i think this happends when there server are really laggey or u have a high ping so it dc you

seanthesharkJR

whats a high ping??? :$ ... yeh ive tried turning the firewall off a few times.. it dont work .. guess its a another watiing game .. thanks tho strider

Darkn3ssFalls

I got the same problem.. It's really annoying, logging into the game takes 5 - 15 minutes (30 even!).. And it's not about the ping, I have good latency but it still occurs. Btw I got my firewall off plus I got KO in exceptions as well.. Any solutions ?

Strider

from the dictionary

Packet Internet Groper. A utility that forwards data packets to check the quality of a link or verify the connection of a machine to the Internet.

wht it is your computer sends a signal to the server then the server sends one back and you get a ping it how fast you can send that signal to the server and how fast you can recive it giving u a ping. If you have dial up your ping will be high, cable adsl fast. Also depends how close you are to the server (what country you are from) on how fast slow it sends the signal

Strider

I got the same problem.. It's really annoying, logging into the game takes 5 - 15 minutes (30 even!).. And it's not about the ping, I have good latency but it still occurs. Btw I got my firewall off plus I got KO in exceptions as well.. Any solutions ?[/b]

umm i use to get this all the time on my sister pc but i got new computer and havnt had it since. try reinstall or try to minamize the ammount of programs you got running at once

It sometimes does it when one of the KO folders is corrupted. I'm sure it's to do with the character or data folder but can't remember.

Also try making sure the windows firewall ain't turned on

seanthesharkJR

well i do live in england . maybe that could be a problem . got DSL connection . everything u just said ive done and tried.. ill reinstall it .. hopefull thatll work

Darkn3ssFalls

umm i use to get this all the time on my sister pc but i got new computer and havnt had it since. try reinstall or try to minamize the ammount of programs you got running at once[/b]
    Well, I never had that on my old pc.. I quit KO, started playing WoW, bought a new pc that could run WoW without freezes and now, when I wanna play KO again, I got that loading problem <_< The thing is that the loading takes ages and I have to wait til it gets to char data 99% and either shuts down on it&#39;s own or I have to Alt f4. Then it loads really slowly again, but usually passes char data a let&#39;s me inside. Finally when I get online, I can relog without problems and loading takes around 20 seconds. Sometimes the char data bug randomly ocurrs again, for example when I get DCed after few hours spent online.

seanthesharkJR

umm i use to get this all the time on my sister pc but i got new computer and havnt had it since. try reinstall or try to minamize the ammount of programs you got running at once[/b]
    LMAO on the SIG :P ..

Try setting KO to low resources when your at char select.

( a magical leoplyrodon appears and takes the wizard )

seanthesharkJR

whats CYKO ? and that dint work