Can i still play BF3?

This is a discussion on Can i still play BF3? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i know it says minimum but still wondering if im able to play without any lags or anything, i passed ...
Page: 1

Default Can i still play BF3?

i know it says minimum but still wondering if im able to play without any lags or anything, i passed the test except from these 2:

CPU Minimum: 2 GHz DUAL CORE (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz) You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e CPU Minimum: 2 GHz DUAL CORE (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz) You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e CPU Minimum: 2 GHz DUAL CORE (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz) You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e CPU
    Minimum: 2 GHz DUAL CORE (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
    You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e

Video Card Minimum: (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon HD 3870 or higher performance)(NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series, with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance) You Have: GeForce 9400 GT
    Video Card
    Minimum: (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon HD 3870 or higher performance)(NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series, with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
    You Have: GeForce 9400 GT

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 512 MB 1.2 GB
    Pixel Shader version 4.0 (ATI 4.1) 4.0
    Vertex Shader version 4.0 (ATI 4.1) 4.0

Thanks in advance.

If you didn't do this, then do it: Battlefield 3 - Is Your PC Ready? - GeForce

I did the scan too and it said my graphic card wasn't good enough for BF3, I Have GeForce GT 540M, but I just run it on Medium or Low graphic, highest resolution, 50ish FPS, totally lag free.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker4Life View Post
    If you didn't do this, then do it: Battlefield 3 - Is Your PC Ready? - GeForce

I did the scan too and it said my graphic card wasn't good enough for BF3, I Have GeForce GT 540M, but I just run it on Medium or Low graphic, highest resolution, 50ish FPS, totally lag free.
    just tried it, mines Geforce 9400 and it's not even counted in the list

Quote Originally Posted by retail View Post
    just tried it, mines Geforce 9400 and it's not even counted in the list
    lmao,you cant play battlefield 3 on 9400...

The One And Only Senior Member

go to www.canirunit.com
    and just search for battlefield in the games
    and it will tell u after if u can run it or not.
    easyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by ™PerFectioN™ View Post
    go to www.canirunit.com
    and just search for battlefield in the games
    and it will tell u after if u can run it or not.
    easyyyyy
    Only an idiot would rely on those sites.It will give u a rough estimation,but its not accurate at all.

The One And Only Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    Only an idiot would rely on those sites.It will give u a rough estimation,but its not accurate at all.
    well its working good , I didn't heard about any guy that it wrote to him that he pass the recomended or something like that and he got FPS problems in the game that he checked.
    anyway its works what ever u will say.

Quote Originally Posted by ™PerFectioN™ View Post
    well its working good , I didn't heard about any guy that it wrote to him that he pass the recomended or something like that and he got FPS problems in the game that he checked.
    anyway its works what ever u will say.
    If you i7 processor,GTX 590,2 gigs of ram,and the game requires 3 gigs of ram,that site is going to say that u cant play it,yet,1 gig of ram makes no difference in fps whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    1 gig of ram makes no difference in fps whatsoever.
    wrong....

SPECIALLY for BF3 which requires more VRAM (in the GPU) , more VRAM it has, better it will run, seeing was made different thne other games. Normal Ram on the other hand doesnt really matter once over 4G, specially under quad core pc's seeing they wont bottleneck as much for there handling anything on high heat . Viktor, 99% u wont be able to run BF3 without laggigng like shit, even if playing on lowest setting, mostly due to the Dual Core, the GPU if u had even like a 460 GTX you would be able to easy,as what i just had. First thing you should do is upgrade your procesor to atleast a Intel Quad core /six core, easy gaming once u do that and get any decent GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by iLikeCheese View Post
    wrong....

SPECIALLY for BF3 which requires more VRAM (in the GPU) , more VRAM it has, better it will run, seeing was made different thne other games. Normal Ram on the other hand doesnt really matter once over 4G, specially under quad core pc's seeing they wont bottleneck as much for there handling anything on high heat . Viktor, 99% u wont be able to run BF3 without laggigng like shit, even if playing on lowest setting, mostly due to the Dual Core, the GPU if u had even like a 460 GTX you would be able to easy,as what i just had. First thing you should do is upgrade your procesor to atleast a Intel Quad core /six core, easy gaming once u do that and get any decent GPU.
    Well ofc im talking about the main ram,not the vram.